ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Cleveland Browns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Dec 2003, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Cleveland Browns

I live in New York but since my family is from Cleveland, I was indoctrinated into the Browns Backers community from birth. I love the Browns, I freaking bleed orange. I'm a season ticket holder and I really wasn't looking forward to going to the Baltimore game. I got there and watched my favorite team suck their own dicks.

I'm getting sick of waking up at 4:30AM and driving five hours, tailgating in the cold, being away from my kids for the entire day, and buying beers at $6 each to watch my team suck. I've been to every Browns home game since 1992. Since their return in 1999, I've paid $4800 in tickets alone to see maybe ten wins. I spend $40 in gas to get there and back, $5 on breakfast, $30-$50 for tailgating supplies, $40 on beer inside and $25 on dinner on the way home (Breakfast is usually McDonald's off the 90 in Erie PA, dinner is usually Applebee's in Fredonia NY). My wife and kids are asleep when I leave and asleep when I get back. I'm starting to think it's not worth it.

But here's the rub...I won't stop. I've castigated local Bills fans because I don't think they're fans. Unless the Bills are doing well and headed for the playoffs, their games don't sell out. Last year, they didn't even come close to selling out their last home game, which was against the then hapless Bengals. Bills fans suck because they have no loyalty to their team unless they're playing out of their minds.

Browns fans always go to the game. It's like it is in Green Bay and Kansas City...someone has to die for tickets to become available. I love and support my team each and every week. I just wish they would do the same for me and the other Browns fans.

While the Browns have many problems and Browns fans have pointed the finger at just about everyone in the organization, I think that the Browns' problems can be solved by the capping of three people. William Green, Kelly Holcomb and Bruce Arians.

William Green has great potential, but this year's dibacle has killed him. I didn't like him last year. In the first nine games he averaged about 2 yards per carry. He came alive at the end of the season, but all those games were against teams with shoddy run defenses. Green was busted for DUI and possession. While I smoke myself, if I had a dream job that pulls random tests, you could be damn sure I'd quit. Then again, if I got busted for possession, the chances are good that the state would ask for a drug test before rendering verdict. Unfortunately I speak from experience and have been there. I quit when that happened. However a couple weeks after getting busted, the cops came to his crib after his fiancee stabbed him...and they found four seperate stashes. This guy's got his head firmly up his ass and I'm not into third chances. Lately, shirts have been sold in the parking lot at the games that have his picture on them and say "SMOKE GREEN!" Please do so...get him off my team.

Kelly Holcomb is a great backup. As a starter, he proved that he sucks. Even when he came in last year, he sucked. Yes he put up good numbers, and that's good for his personal stature. However if you compare games where he played the majority to games where Tim Couch played the majority from 2002-2003, you'll see that Couch was 8-3 while Holcomb was 1-5 including the playoff disaster in Pissburgh. Why Butch Davis gave Holcomb the nod, why it was even an issue going into this past year....I have no freaking idea. While he's here, he's a distraction and that is not good. Cut him loose.

Bruce Arians. This guy is a total piece of crap. He was run out of Buffalo, Pittsburgh and most recently Indianapolis. His plays are effective but he can't call them properly. Example: Browns v. Broncos, first possession in OT. First down, incomplete pass. Now with a decimated O Line that has produced one of the crappiest running games ever seen in Cleveland history (and that's saying A LOT), on second and ten Arians decides that he should run 190 lb Jamel White up the middle. Two yard loss. Third down, incomplete pass...punt...Denver drive...Elam FG...Ballgame. Other than the fact that he should've been fired ten weeks ago, I've only got one thing to say about Arians....

The Browns have cost me a lot of money. The Browns have caused me a lot of stress. The Browns have delivered to me heartbreak time and time again. Before long, the Browns will probably cost me what's left of my sanity. Regardless of how much I want to, how much I should or how much other people tell me I should, I will never stop loving my Browns.

I only hope that once before I die, they will field a good team that performs well on the field.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2003, 09:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Good post man. On a side note, I enjoy reading alot of your post. I think your one of the top posters around here.

But I can see how you feel so upset about the Browns. For all time time and money you put into them, I would be upset too. I feel bad for fans like yourself. Sometimes I don't think the owners, and managent know how much a team can mean to some people. I wish they could go in our shoes for a day to see how we feel for a change. But they need to find a qb in the offseason. Thats for sure. Because Couch is not their qb of the future. All I can say is, stick it out, and hope for the best.
Old 22 Dec 2003, 11:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Thanks, I appreciate it.

A lot of fans were whining about our coaching and using Parcells as an example. He's just done an amazing job there in Dallas. Also in the fourth quarter we had taken up chanting: "EEEE-li Mann-ing (clap clap, clap clap clap)." Lol. We should have a good enough pick to land him...

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 24 Dec 2003, 11:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

I'm not a browns fan but i'll say this. They fucked up by not having Couch as the opener for most of the season.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2003, 11:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DarkGothicPrince~
I'm not a browns fan but i'll say this. They fucked up by not having Couch as the opener for most of the season.
Groooooaaaan....I know. They stuck some reject redneck in there because he passed for a million yards last year, but they failed to look at the most important stat, wins and losses.

Last year in games Couch played the majority, he was 8-3 and when Holcomb played the majority he was 1-5. I guess passing yards are more important than wins, oh wait....we didn't really have a passing game this year with Holcomb in there....ain't that 'bout a bitch?

The best part is that Couch is willing to restructure his contract to stay here. I'm loving that, but I'm not sure I can count on the front office to make the right decision on that one...

Late.

Old 24 Dec 2003, 11:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Holcumb to me is a fluke. Me being a rams fan, the rams fans are going to see that in the playoffs. Bulger is great in the season but come playoff time, he's going to cost us the shot at a superbowl.
Old 25 Dec 2003, 12:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

You know your team sucks when a single guy runs for 500 yards against them in 2 games.

But I feel your pain, it's not fun watching your team when they suck.

I'm in the same boat, accept I'm a Steelers fan so I'm sure me and you will get along great.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2003, 12:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Yeah Lewis has ran over them, but then again who hasn't this year?
Old 25 Dec 2003, 12:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by error402
You know your team sucks when a single guy runs for 500 yards against them in 2 games.

But I feel your pain, it's not fun watching your team when they suck.

I'm in the same boat, accept I'm a Steelers fan so I'm sure me and you will get along great.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh shit. Well yeah that's a great indication of when your team sucks, IMO. You could also say that when Tim Couch behind that dilapidated offensive line looks like Brett Favre on Sunday night football in your stadium...that you don't suck quite so bad, but you've still got issues. Want to trade head coaches??

BTW, after The Move instead of languishing in football limbo like so many other Browns fans did, I decided that the team I was most familiar with was to be the team I'd root for while waiting for The Return. So for three years, I was a pseudo Steelers Fan.

I have respect for the Steelers franchise, they do things the right way and honestly I think Browns v Steelers is the best rivalry in sports. I have nothing but disrespect and loathing for Baltimore though. I'm working right now on having the Ravens logo printed on each sheet of a roll of toilet paper for my own use.

Late.

Old 25 Dec 2003, 12:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah no one likes the Ratbirds.

At least I've yet to meet someone who does.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2003, 01:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

I don't care for them, but i'm rooting for them to do something playoff wise rather then the bungles and titans.
Old 26 Dec 2003, 06:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Im a new poster here and coincidentally, I am a Browns fan.

When the year began, I knew we wern't going to the playoffs. We had lost our 3 starting LBs and went on a salary purge. However, I didn't see the Willie Green incidents and horrible rash of injuries coming. However, I believe the future will be good.

First off, the defense under Dave Campo has kept the Browns in games, they are a good unit for a injury ridden and young team. Also, Lee Suggs is a good back, Browns will finally have a power running game once Green comes back and all his problems are adressed. Also Tim Couch has looked good in limited action this year. Kelly Holcomb set this team back this year and he won't be back in 2004. Browns have played some good teams tooth and nail this year and who knows what would have happned if Couch, Green and a healthy Browns roster was in the game.

Offseason will be intresting. Bruce Arians won't be back next year. I see Terry Robskie (Browns RB coach), Norv Turner or Norm Chow (USC OC) getting the job. Carmen Policy has hinted at getting a GM. I would pursue Ozzie Newsome (Browns Hall of Fame TE and Ravens GM), Randy Mueller (ex Seahawks and Saints GM) and Ron Wolf (ex-Packers GM). About Newsome, this is Art Modells final year of Ravens ownership and Newsome is very loyal to Modell, so there is a shot that Newsome will come home.

Draft will be very important. Browns should do everything in their power to pursue Iowa OT Robert Gallery. He is a tank and is considered to be the best OT to come out since Tony Boselli. I would also consider taking Arkansas All American OT Shawn Andrews and Miami FS Sean Taylor if Gallery is off the board. 2nd Round, I would look at Florida TE Ben Troupe (who is better than Kellen "Soldier" Winslow) and Miami OG Vern Carey. 3rd round, I would shore up Fullback and find a quarterback. NC State's Phillip Rivers or Michigan's John Navarre would be good picks. The rest of the rounds I would look for depth.

Free Agency I would devote to the Offensive Line. 3 guys I like are Rams Orlando Pace (former Ohio St. star and Sandusky native), Seahawks Walter Jones and Chiefs John Tait should be pursued heavily. I would also look at any Safteys that are available.

In all, keep the faith with the Browns. I believe that they are on the up and in 5 years, Browns and Bengals will play in the AFC Title Game.
Dan Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2003, 07:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I must say Glue you are a true fanatic. You support your team like Boston supports its BoSox.....I gotta say I never was a fan of Holecomb or Green. I though both should never start. And didn't take the Browns as serious because of who they have as their starters. Arians is crap I don't realy have a valid opinion of him so I won't express one. But I think that Cleveland does need to make some changes to get there shit together.

sidenote: Glue man, you spend a shit load of money to do what you do. I bet the Browns are lucky to have such a fan as you

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2003, 07:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Quote:
Arians is crap I don't realy have a valid opinion of him so I won't express one
He was Indy's OC when Peyton Manning was in the early stages of his career and Peyton and Edgerrin James did put up the numbers, that must've impressed Butch when he took the Browns job.
Dan Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2003, 06:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Doctor of Womenomics

RJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of light

Here's how I see things with the Browns. I don't think either Couch or Holcomb is the answer at QB. I know Couch got the first round money and all but I don't see him as a franchise QB. There was a reason why Holcomb has been a career backup and it's simple he sucks. Now onto William Green. How could Davis not draft Portis who he coached at Miami but instead draft a guy who had questionable off-field baggage? I never understood the thinking on that. Another thing that hurt them has been Brown and Warren have not developed into solid players. They show flashes occasionally but overall are not nearly as dominate as they should be.
RJ Suave is offline   Reply With Quote