ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Ricky Davis traded

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Dec 2003, 05:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever
Default Ricky Davis traded

LMAO!!! Cavs traded Ricky Davis to Boston in a 6 player deal. I don't recall the names of the players since it was just on ESPN, but the only names that I saw were Tony Battie and Micheal Stewart *i think* going to the cavs. Just when this team looked like it might have potential they ditch davis.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2003, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

New Star is on a distinguished road

davis was athletic, and he was a highlight reel, i bet it had something to do with lebron, the cavs had to let him know whho th franchise really was
New Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2003, 08:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

This team was bad enough though, and James needs all the help he can get. Without Davis around, you're looking at a guy who's going to score 40 points + a game true, yet he's also going to see his team lose 100 to 45 every game because there's no other guys around who can really score. I don't agree with this trade but then again I hate Lebron James and i'll be more then happy to watch him play on a pathetic team and lose.
Old 15 Dec 2003, 08:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

did lebron score 37 points the other day, or did i just imagine that?
Old 15 Dec 2003, 08:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

I missed the highlights of that game but I wouldn't be surprised if he did. I don't doubt that he's got the talent to be a good player, but trading Davis was the bonehead move of the year imo.
Old 15 Dec 2003, 08:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

oh no it was 27 points
Old 15 Dec 2003, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

oh he did have 37 points in the game before that
Old 15 Dec 2003, 08:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Either way, Labron, Lebron whatever has the potential to be a high scorer, but if he's not got the players around him to help score, post, assist, etc. then he's just going to be a guy who racks up points and never wins games, let alone dreams of the playoffs. I understand that once his contract is up he'll be free to leave, but still who in their right mind on the free agent front is going to want to play for the cavs with james or not?
Old 16 Dec 2003, 03:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

It just wasnt working out between Davis and Silas, I saw this coming like 6 weeks ago.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 01:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

I can understand that, but you would think one would get more for Davis then what the cavs got.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 02:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

The C's landed 3 defencive minded player's. A guy like Eric Williams is what every coach wants, a tough gritty defencive small forward that will give you 15 and 5 per game as a starter which are the exact same numbers Davis was producing. Battie is another quality role center. The Cavs should not have got rid of Chris Mihm, this guy has what it takes to be a stud in this league. He averages 7 and 6 in limited clock, he only plays 17 minutes a game, this guy is a hot fantasy pick up right now b/c of the possibility that he might start in Bean town, simply put Mihm is a double double waiting to happen. Like Jalen Rose, Davis needed a change and I expect him to be rejuvinated in Boston.