ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

NFL, is it really the No Fun League?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Dec 2003, 02:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default NFL, is it really the No Fun League?

We have all seen the touchdown celebrations be made minimal over the past decade. The Rams of '99 had the Bob & Weave banned, teams get penalized of they celebrate too much, TO was fined for the infamous Sharpie incident, they banned the Cut-throat gesture, Chad Johnson will probably be fined for Sunday's celebration of a pre printed orange sign saying, "Dear NFL: Please don't fine me again", and we know that Jim Haslett will fine Joe Horn for his cell phone under the upright padding celebration. My question is, should the NFL lighten up and let players be individuals and have some fun for reaching the endzone of a GAME?

What do you people think about the celebration rules?

Also, say what you think the best celebration has been that you have seen.

I will get back to this thread after I debate my answers some....
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2003, 03:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

New Star is on a distinguished road

that cell phone thing was funny, i was wondering what he was looking for

the celebrations only last 5 seconds, its no big deal, the nfl buy putting them in a bad light is the thing that makes it a big deal
New Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2003, 03:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

I think some celebration is ok, but then again some of it is flat out a joke and unsportsman like. Granted I watch for the brutality of it all and enjoy it either way, but when you're up by 35 points and 8 minutes to go, you score a touchdown and dance for 5 minutes, what's the reason behind that? You're already ahead and you're just rubbing it in more. To me that is uncalled for.

I thought it was pretty classy last week when the guy from the pats I think it was, scored the touchdown and flipped the ball over to the official. Pure class athlete he was, and something that the NFL is missing...CLASS!
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2003, 03:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

New Star is on a distinguished road

the only thing i dont like is when people go up to other players after a big play of the other team and get carried away...
New Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2003, 03:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

yes the official need to take the giant pole out of their ass's. Sometimes the best part is the celbration, the dirty bird, TO with the cheerleader palm palms(sp), the deon shuffle. I mean let them have their moment. I don't think that it should carry on for like 5 minutes but, its like an adreniline rush. Nothing was better then a few years ago at the Dallas game when dude ran back to the star and placed the football in the center....I was on the floor like "take that jerry jones" sometimes its a good time, and often i look forward...I liked today when Ferguson from GB scored a TD and one dude made his fingures into a picture frame while Ferguson struck a few different pose's. But whatever people will try to take the fun out of everything.

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2003, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

^ It was Owens that spiked the ball on the Star

Anyways, I think its good that the NFL is strict about it. Up here in the CFL the players get way to carried away with stuff like that and they look like idiots. So for me, I can see both sides. So I think its good that the NFL does this, because it allows the league from not looking like a joke, with celibrations all the time. And if they didn't do it, then players would always try to outdo eachother. Its fun to see once and awhile, but if it was constant , then it would just look stupid.
Old 15 Dec 2003, 01:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

It's not really the celebrations that bother me, in fact I think most of them are pretty funny. The problem is, every team has wide recievers who constantly act like they are god's. They complain, they show off, they bitch if they don't get 5 td's a game. They whine, moan, scream and then if they score they turn around and act like they where the only person involved in the play. It's really pissing me off. All these asshole recievers need to be put on a chain. They're making their teams and the sport look stupid and unprofessional. I don't mind like the Lambeu leap thing because it's with the fans. I don't mind the ones like the bob and weave because it's a team celebration (which it should be) but when you have a guy do something as completely asinine and selfish as catch a td, ignore the rest of his team, and dig out a fucking cell phone he planted there before hand and start acting like he's talking to somebody else or whatever, he deserves to get fined and that shit doesn't belong in the game.

Whatever, every team has to have some loud mouthed assholes these days. At least the Pat's figured out how to make it a team game again, and they did that when they benched their own jerk reciever Terry Glen.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2003, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

there is a time and a place for celebration.....i don't mind if someone gets excited about a td, because if it's my team i am excited also.....but the celebrations need to be in moderation to the point that cell phones, sharpies and spikes on the star are suspension worthy.....there is no place in the game for that.....when Owens spiked the ball on the star, he was disrespecting the Cowboys organization.....he should have gotten his block knocked off (and almost did).....the sharpie thing, the cell phone last night.....those are pure signs of disrespect to your opponent.....you scored a td.....be happy, do a little dance.....but show some sign of sportsmanship to the opposing team.....if i were the Giants, the next time Horn was on the field he'd have been laid out.....

the overcelebration is when guys make a tackle and they jump up and down.....you just did your job, is that anything to be having a celebration over?.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2003, 02:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I see you were the guys who didn't win DodgeBall in gym, It looks like you were one of the last ones but not the clear winner. TO placed the ball in the middle of the star......The Emmit spiked the ball on the star.......Then when SF scored another Dallas got all pissed when they did it again. Bottom line both teams were wrong not just TO then.......However Exo your rant is pretty much about Owens, Johnson and Moss being that those are the 3 who bitch whin and moan, and then do stupid things at times........No one complains until it happens to their team and they have egg on their face. Personally no one on the Patriots even acts like that so my team is coverd. However saying players couldn't take their helmets of was lame.....why because the people ate it up....Only time a fan complained is when their team was losing and they needed something to bitch about. Who cares about the rub in. grown ass men acting like Children...I say Sapp is the worse I HATE him, but I'm not gonna run and cry about the shit he does. Its once a week for 16 weeks let a brotha live lol.

No really though I do think certain things do get out of control but for the most part its a game, and losing fans, and bitter players need to realize all through life they will be faced with gloating...

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2003, 03:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

I think it's good that they are strict about it. Some of these end zone celebrations are ridiculous and totally unnecessary. That whole thing with the cell phone was a damn joke, that guy just made him self look like an idiot. Some of these guys show no respect what so ever towards their opponents, which is pretty sad.

Some celebration is fine but in no way should some of this shit that I see be happening.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2003, 07:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Great responses everyone

As for my opinion, I like these creative celebrations. I don't care if it's premeditated like TO's Sharpie or Horn's Celly, it's great to watch. It may put the spotlight on them, but who cares? If the QB wants to celebrate too, then he can get in on it, nothing is stopping him (other than the threat of a fine ). As long as a celebration doesn't last for a long period of time and interrupt the extra point attempt, then it's cool.

Also, me being a lifetime Cowboys fan, I had no problems with TO celebrating on the Star at midfield. I thought it was even greater when the D player came up and almost decapitated him
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2003, 04:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
^ It was Owens that spiked the ball on the Star

the best part of that though was emmitt doing the same and then teague nailing owens ass when he tried it again
Old 16 Dec 2003, 12:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

The best thing was when the Niners walked off the field winners instead of sad lonely star loving losers. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2003, 01:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

shut up you lowsy ass chargers lover lol