ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Boston signs Foulke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Dec 2003, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Boston signs Foulke

Right back at ya: Red Sox ink Foulke

TSN.ca Staff with files

12/13/2003

The Boston Red Sox have secured a closer for the 2004 season and beyond, signing Keith Foulke to a three-year, $21 million contact on Saturday.

Foulke was mulling offers from the Red Sox and the Athletics, for whom he went 9-1 with a 2.08 ERA and 43 saves last season.

Boston's pursuit of Foulke, who made $6 million US in 2003, is in contrast to last season, when the team tried to build a bullpen without a closer rather than overpay for someone who didn't fit the role.

Boston GM Theo Epstein said he talked with about seven other teams on the first day of baseball's winter meetings, mostly laying the early groundwork for possible deals. In addition to filling out its bullpen, Boston is looking for a starting second baseman and a variety of bench players.
Old 13 Dec 2003, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Doctor of Womenomics

RJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of light

Fucking great signing. He was the most consistent closer last year in the AL. Damn Pedro, Schilling, Lowe, and now Foulke that staff looks good on paper.
RJ Suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2003, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Granted it's a good move for Boston, but Foulke has been up and down more up then down lately. I still feel the best closer in the american league is that of the Yankees Mariano Rivera.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2003, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

^^^True Rivera is damn good, But my BoSox havn't had a pitching staff this dominate sense I can't remember. That was the only thing that held us down last year and the year before, etc, etc. I can't wait for spring training

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2003, 03:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

True, but you can't over look the staff of Contrares, Mussina, Vazquez, Lierber and whatever other starting pitching star they'll go after. Not to mention the yankees have a good bullpen, and an outstanding and deadly hitting lineup. Take in the fact that George has more money to spend and he's not even close to being done yet, hard to say how the overall picture will look.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote