ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

What does it take to stay #1? NCAA BB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Dec 2003, 02:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever
Default What does it take to stay #1? NCAA BB

Sorry had to do a Nelly spoof, but seriously. What is it going to take to stay number one this season?

UConn had it and lost it
Kansas had it and lost it
Arizona had it and lost it
Florida has had it twice now and lost it

Seems that the #1 team is losing their first game every week this season in mens college basketball and thumping opponents the rest of the week. It's interesting to say the least so far.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2003, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Well Florida dropped the game yesterday to #22 ranked Louisville. Rick Pitino has this team playing as well as any in the country this season. Looks like Kentucky will slide up to #2 with Kansas not far behind them and Arizona along with Duke.

Michigan State is proving that they had no right being ranked so high this season after losing to kansas, duke, kentucky, illinois and someone else. They're showing that they can't beat the top ranked teams in the nation this year and it's reflecting on them and will continue to do so when it's time for the tournament selection committee to get together no matter what they do in their conference. The fact that they're not winning their non-conference games and not beating ranked teams shows and says a lot about this years Spartans team.

Last edited by Bloodice; 14 Dec 2003 at 06:08 PM.
Old 14 Dec 2003, 06:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

^^^hard to read man, hurts the eyes, change the font colour
Old 14 Dec 2003, 06:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Done, sorry about that as nobody else has said anything.
Old 27 Dec 2003, 07:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Well kentucky goes down to louisville today meaning uconn regains #1 or duke. Talk about nobody wanting to be the best this year.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 05:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

I think Ga Tech could get the No. 1 spot. They do own a win against UConn
Dan Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2003, 12:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Yeah but at that point in time, g.tech wasn't in the top ten. A team that is #2 and keeps winning isn't going to lose their ranked spot to a #7 team that keeps winning, that's not how it works. G.Tech has kept winning but the fact remains, arizona, u.conn, duke, texas and kansas are above them still and as long as they continue to win will stay that way.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 12:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

if Ga Tech gets up to 17-0 or something, then they would probably jump everyone else.....couldn't believe Pitino's kids won that game.....he's one heckuva college coach....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2003, 01:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Actually not really. If G.Tech continues to win but over non ranked opponents, i mean come on, beating wake forest, virginia, and a few others all year long isn't going to help you when duke and n.c. keep winning in the acc ahead of you, and if teams like kansas win their games against texas tech, texas, iowa state, missouri, oklahoma, oklahoma state, you get the picture.

G.Tech had a few big upsets but the rest of their non-conference schedule has been lacklluster at best. Hell gonzaga has beat michigan state, maryland, washington, washington state, georgia, missouri and they're still at #12, that's a tough scheudle to.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 01:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

true, but the undefeated streak holds high value with the voters.....it would take an impressive streak, but its feasible.....don't really care about the ramblin' wreck, but its a good story.....

Old 29 Dec 2003, 01:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

I can understand where you're coming from, but again the key point isn't so much how many wins in a row or not, but the quality of opponents you beat, their record and rank.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 01:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

i disagree just a little bit.....college basketball voters vote more on record than quality wins, unlike football.....if they get to say, 15-0 and the #1 loses, they would be ranked #4 at worst.....i've seen that kind of jump before.....it would have to be either a team they have already beaten, or a team not in their conference, to that point i do agree.....because Duke and NC carry a lot of power with the voters.....but i do think its possible.....they are a decent team that came out of nowhere.....

Old 29 Dec 2003, 01:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Let me throw a kink into your theory *remember i'm a college sports fanatic*. If that's true then why is it teams like boise state, or SMU can go 21-2 in college basketball and yet only get an invitation to the NIT? If they go 21-2 and wind up 25-7 doesn't that count for something?

It should, but the fact is because of the opponents they beat, rankings, and rpi rankings go up to 114, it hits them in the end. So that shows either favortism to bigger name schools, or that your theory is a touch off.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 01:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

......maybe i should rephrase the theory......if you are in a major conference.....

also, remember that they won the preseason NIT, and that carries a lot of weight.....it helped drive a bad NC team to a high ranking last year.....

Old 29 Dec 2003, 02:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Granted G.Tech for example is starting out good this season, but can they hold up against n.c. state, north carolina, duke, virginia and possibly wake forest? I think not. LOL I love the beating icon, lets me know i've gotten to people.