ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Angels sign Colon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Dec 2003, 08:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Angels sign Colon

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The Anaheim Angels took one of the top pitchers off the free-agent market, agreeing Tuesday to a four-year contract with Bartolo Colon.

Anaheim had offered a deal worth about $48 million, four-year contract, one baseball official familiar with the negotiations had said Monday.

This might not be Anaheim's only blockbuster deal. If the Alex Rodriguez-Manny Ramirez deal goes through, five-time All-Star shortstop Nomar Garciaparra would be out of a job. It's believed the Red Sox might try to trade him to the Angels for a pitcher, possibly Jarrod Washburn, or second baseman Adam Kennedy.

The Chicago White Sox badly wanted Colon back, with general manager Ken Williams offering a three-year contract worth a reported $36 million -- the largest ever for a White Sox pitcher. But Colon rejected the offer in October.

Though the White Sox offered Colon salary arbitration Sunday night, Williams seemed resigned Monday to losing the 20-game winner.

Colon was only 15-13 with a 3.87 ERA this year, but he's coveted for his durability and consistency. He's a 20-game winner who has reached double-digit victories in six straight seasons.

He pitched a career-high nine complete games this year, and was second in the AL with 242 innings. His 173 strikeouts also ranked in the top 10. In seven seasons with Cleveland, Montreal and Chicago, the 30-year-old Colon is 100-62 with a 3.86 ERA.

espn.
Old 09 Dec 2003, 08:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Yeah I saw that, and the angels now have a solid starter and close so to speak. On that hand, the braves signed John Thompson to a two year deal, phillies landed tim worrell to a two year deal and the mariners signed educardo *sp* from minnesota. So some interesting moves today.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2003, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Ice, if you were the Angels would you send Washburn to Boston for Garciaparra?
Old 09 Dec 2003, 09:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Hell yes I would. You're getting a great shortstop. and there's a lot of good pitching out there still to grab off the free agent market and waivers. However, if you're Boston you're stupid because I don't think Washburn is that great of a pitcher. And they have a solid staff and can still go after better pitching.
Old 11 Dec 2003, 12:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Doctor of Womenomics

RJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of light

Not a bad move. He easily becomes the ace of the staff. They already signed Escobar to a contract. Only thing I would be weary of is that they spent big money on Colon and Escobar yet Anderson is coming up for a new contract. If they trade for Nomar they are gonna sign him to a deal so it makes me wonder what is gonna happen to Anderson.
RJ Suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2003, 03:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

I don't see Nomar going to the angels. Word is a-rod won't end up in texas and nomar is being looked at to moving to the dodgers for paul laduca. *sp*
Old 11 Dec 2003, 03:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Suave
Not a bad move. He easily becomes the ace of the staff. They already signed Escobar to a contract. Only thing I would be weary of is that they spent big money on Colon and Escobar yet Anderson is coming up for a new contract. If they trade for Nomar they are gonna sign him to a deal so it makes me wonder what is gonna happen to Anderson.
I thought it was really stupid for them to sign Escobar to that big contract. As a Jays fan, I never liked him, and he seemed very inconsistance. For the money they gave him, I think they could of go someone better.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 01:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Doctor of Womenomics

RJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of light

I don't see Nomar going to the Dodgers. The Red Sox already got Varitek catching so why would they need LoDuca? Don't know why a team would want to carry two quality starting catchers. I still say LoDuca to Oakland for Dye is gonna happen.
RJ Suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2003, 01:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

From what Gammons is saying, if a-rod for nomar doesn't happen, the sox will send him over to the Dodgers. In LaDuca they're getting a powerhitter, a younger and better catcher imo, and they'd get prospects. Why lose Nomar and get nothing when you can trade him to the dodgers and get a lot. As for Dye, he's been nothing but injury prone the last 3 seasons.