ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

NCAA bowl predictions *line em up boys*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Dec 2003, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever
Default NCAA bowl predictions *line em up boys*

Ok, my predictions might change by the first game but here's the line up and my picks.

Memphis vs N. Texas: I don't care that the Tigers are from C-USA, N.Texas has demonstrated the last few years that just because they're from the Sun Belt Conference, they're not to be over looked. N.Texas wins this one.

Miami-Ohio vs Louisville: Battle of two good teams, but the MAC prevails and Miami-Ohio shows why they've been ranked a majority of the season. Miami-Ohio wins.

TCU vs Boise State: Bowl game that intrigues me. TCU was ranked in the top ten but the loss to Southern Mississippi hurt them big. The Broncos love to have explosive shoot outs, and Boise State should win what will be a high scoring game.

N.C. State vs Kansas: I'm a bit shocked that the Jayhawks got in a bowl game. Despite being from the Big 12, this is their first bowl game in years and experience wins. N.C. State prevails.

Oregon State vs New Mexico: The Beavers showed that they're not capable of running with the big teams, and New Mexico lives for big name teams and upsets. Should be a good game but turnovers will decide the outcome of the game. I have to go with New Mexico on this one.

Houston vs Hawaii: Another C-USA team getting a bowl game that they don't deserve. Hawaii much like Boise State loves to score high and have shoot outs and in the end Hawaii will be to much for the Cougars and the Rainbow Warriors win this game.

N'Western vs Bowling Green: A big ten team that doesn't deserve a bowl game at 6-6. Bowling Green another team from the MAC that is deadly on defense and one of the best in the nation, let alone the MAC. BG wins big over the wildcats. Yes I said best in the nation or one of, and they will get to prove that over a so called big name school.

Cal vs Virginia Tech: Golden Bears had a nice turn around season, but the Hokies will be too much for Cal, and go on a scoring spree. VTech wins.

Pitt vs Virginia: Cavs over achieved this season, and Larry Fitzgerald is going to show the nation why he was a Heisman canidate all season long. Pitt wins.

W.Virginia vs Maryland: The Mountaineers seemingly came from no where this season and while this game will be an offensive showdown, the Terps will be to much for W.Virginia.

Georgia Tech vs Tulsa: Yellowjackets played Georgia tough at first but in the end were dominated. Yellowjackets have something to prove and the lack of experience and coming from a weak conference will be the reason Tulsa loses this game.

UCLA vs Fresno State: Battle of California and I am going with the Bulldogs to upset UCLA. Bruins seem to have choked against the big game wins this season and Fresno State can and has played with the best of them over the years.

S.Mississippi vs Utah: Eagles knocked TCU out of the BCS running and will run all over Utah. S.Mississippi wins in an ugly blowout.

Boston College vs Colorado State: Golden Eagles too much on offense and defense to lose to a lackluster defense with the rams. Should be close but in the end experience plays out, a tougher conference team prevails as does Boston College.

Georgia vs Purdue: A re-match from the 2000 outback bowl, where Georgia won 28-25 in ot. The question is can Georgia rebound after being thrashed by LSU? Remember, Purdue was a field goal miss away from beating Ohio State in regulation and overtime. I think this will be one of the best and closest games, and if Polluck can regroup his defense and Bennett can get his kicking game back, Georgia wins in a thriller.

Washington State vs Texas: Not even a contest. Cougars ended the season on a sour note, and the conference play, experience and offensive weapons will be too much for WAZZU as Texas wins.

Mississippi vs Oklahoma State: Another close game, and turnovers will play the outcome here. Can Eli Manning win his last game? If Oklahoma State plays the way they that they have most of the season I think they'll send him home with a loss. However, I have faith that Manning will win his final game and Mississippi wins.

Iowa over Florida: How this matchup happened is beyond me. Iowa will keep it close but Zook's Gators will win the outback bowl. Florida was hoping for a much better bowl game and I look for an agressive Florida team to come out from the gates with all guns blazing. Florida wins.

Clemson vs Tennessee: Tigers saved their coaches job, but the Volz are too damn much for Clemson. I predcit a 25 point win or higher. Tennessee stomps Clemson.

Michigan State over Nebraska: 2 weeks ago i'd have said Cornhuskers win. But they have no coach, there's to much turmoil and with a coach being brought in for one game and learning new plays, the confusion will eat them alive. Smoker and his Spartans thrash the Cornhuskers who will be too dazed and upset to keep this game close.

Miami vs Florida State: 3rd time these two teams have met in the last 11 months. Miami looked sloppy at the end of the season but with the time to prep for this game, the Hurricanes win a close game over Florida State.

Minnesota over Oregon: Another good game. Oregon beat Michigan but after that went down hill for the season. Minnesota gave up a 28 point lead in the 4th quarter over Michigan. Golden Gophers win this game by a touchdown.

USC vs Michigan: I don't care what the ap and coaches poll say. Michigan is going to show that USC played in a much weaker conference, and that the bowl system did it's job. USC hangs in for the first quarter, but Michigan wins this game by at least two touchdowns.

Kansas State vs Ohio State: Can the Wildcats knock off the defending national champions like they did the Sooners? I believe they can. Kansas State is going to show the country that Ohio State was over hyped. They won to many games this season against lower rated teams by the skin of their teeth and were thrashed by Michigan. Kansas State wins this game.

Oklahoma vs LSU: Sooners and Jason White don't rebound from the Kansas State loss and as much as it pains me, i'm going with LSU to win the game and the national championship.

Missouri vs Arkansas: The razorbacks are 1-8 in their last 9 bowl appearences, and now make that 1-9. Missouri wins this no contest.

Wisconsin vs Auburn: The Badgers are 7-1 under Barry Alvarez in bowl games and the Wisconsin Badgers will be to much in the end for Auburn. Close game but the coaching staff of Alvarez will be the reason Wisconsin wins this game.

Navy vs Texas Tech: My upset of the bowl games. TT has lost their last 4 bowl appearances and the Midshipman have no pressure to win this game. Nobody expected this team to make a bowl game let alone win more then one game. Navy wins a close game.
Bloodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Dec 2003, 06:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
YOU SCREWED MATT

I am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improve

Memphis vs N. Texas: North Texas

Miami-Ohio vs Louisville: Miami-Ohio

TCU vs Boise State: TCU

N.C. State vs Kansas: NC State

Oregon State vs New Mexico: Oregon State

N'Western vs Bowling Green: Bowling Green

Houston vs Hawaii: TIMMY!!!! - Hawaii

Cal vs Virginia Tech: Va Tech - If tickets are relatively cheap, im going to this game.

Pitt vs Virginia: Pitt

W.Virginia vs Maryland: W. Virginia

Georgia Tech vs Tulsa: G Tech

UCLA vs Fresno State: Fresno

S.Mississippi vs Utah: Southern Miss

Boston College vs Colorado State: BC

Georgia vs Purdue: Purdue

Washington State vs Texas: Texas

Mississippi vs Oklahoma State: Miss

Iowa vs Florida: Florida

Clemson vs Tennessee: Tenn

Michigan State vs Nebraska: Mich State

Miami vs Florida State: Florida St

Minnesota over Oregon: Minn if that QB plays, Oregon if he doesnt.

USC vs Michigan: USC

Kansas State vs Ohio State: K State

Oklahoma vs LSU: LSU

Missouri vs Arkansas: Missoura

Wisconsin vs Auburn: BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER

Navy vs Texas Tech: T Tech

Last edited by I am the Icon; 16 Dec 2003 at 04:25 PM.
I am the Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2003, 01:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Bowl games start this week, let's see some picks out there!
Old 15 Dec 2003, 11:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

Miami-Ohio vs Louisville: Miami-Ohio

TCU vs Boise State: TCU

N.C. State vs Kansas: NC State

Oregon State vs New Mexico: Oregon State

N'Western vs Bowling Green: Bowling Green

Cal vs Virginia Tech: Va Tech
Pitt vs Virginia: Pitt

W.Virginia vs Maryland: Maryland

Georgia Tech vs Tulsa: G Tech

UCLA vs Fresno State: Fresno

S.Mississippi vs Utah: Southern Miss

Boston College vs Colorado State: Colorado
Georgia vs Purdue: Purdue

Washington State vs Texas: W-State because Texas is very overrated

Mississippi vs Oklahoma State: Miss

Iowa vs Florida: Florida

Clemson vs Tennessee: Tenn

Michigan State vs Nebraska: Neb

Miami vs Florida State: Miami

Minnesota vs. Oregon: Oregon .

USC vs Michigan: Michigan because USC has not played anyone this year

Kansas State vs Ohio State: Ohio State

Oklahoma vs LSU: LSU

Missouri vs Arkansas: Missoura

Wisconsin vs Auburn: Auburn

Navy vs Texas Tech: T Tech

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2003, 04:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

I agree with what you've said about the Michigan/USC game. Fist bowl game tonight with Memphis playing N. Texas.

Last edited by Bloodice; 15 Dec 2003 at 06:01 PM.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 02:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future

I probably won't start watching the bowls till the end of the week or next week. I just don't see any games that interest me. I hope that Michigan beats USC. I am in the an unwanted position of hating the BCS and wanting my Tigers to have an unshared NC. I know that a USC win would completly devalue the BCS worse than it already is and i have no problem with that. My only thing is that if both USC and LSU win then USC could still become the concencus NC which I don't think is fair since if you want to make that argument you could say that USC shouldn't be able to win the NC by beating the #4 ranked team (not that the AP or Coaches poll are any more accurate than the BCS anyway scince when you lose is more importiant than who you beat in their eyes).

My Teams

Old 16 Dec 2003, 02:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Well i'm a college football fan through and through so i'll be watching EVERY game that's on. I think if LSU wins they'll win it all because Michigan is going to beat USC, but i'm not sure if the Tigers will beat a much more aggressive and pissed off sooner team.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 04:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
YOU SCREWED MATT

I am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improve

I smell a bet coming.... Yo Bloodice, I bet you that my picks will be better then yours.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 04:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

You're on Icon.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 04:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
YOU SCREWED MATT

Im saving your pics in my PM, so dont be cheating, you ahole, this isnt gona be no Shaq for Era Newble trade.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 04:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

LMAO...i'll never hear the end of it. Yeah i'm saving them to, so it's all good.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 04:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Hey icon, are you sure you picked all the games? I don't see memphis vs n.texas pick for you tonight.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 04:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
YOU SCREWED MATT

Ooops , Ill go through them one more time.....btw Ill take North Texas

*EDIT*

Ok there changed

Last edited by I am the Icon; 16 Dec 2003 at 04:26 PM.
I am the Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2003, 11:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Screwball

Oh well, i might as well keep track of how well we did our picks.

Wolf: 0-1 (i forgot to put my New Orleans pick down, but i would have picked N. Texas anyway)

Bloodice: 0-1

Icon: 0-1

My Teams

Old 16 Dec 2003, 11:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Yeah but the 2nd half of the game kicked ass. I mean how could I go against history when memphis hadn't won a bowl game since 71?