ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Yankees scared off by Vladdy's price

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Nov 2003, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Yankees scared off by Vladdy's price

Yankees scared off by Vladdy's price

TSN.ca Staff

11/21/2003

The New York Yankees say they won't be pursuing free agent slugger Vladimir Guerrero because they believe it will cost them too much money to sign him.

"(He)is not really an option for us, with the money he's going to want," Yankees GM Brian Cashman tells the Daily News. "He's obviously an incredible player and I have a great deal of respect for him, but, financially, we've got too many other commitments that would preclude us being a player for him."

While he woudn't discuss numbers, Cashman said he "got and idea" of the kind of money Guerrero is seeking after speaking briefly with his agent, Fern Cuza.

The Yankees are said to have turned their attention towards Gary Sheffield, who is believed to be seeking $13-million a season.

The Baltimore Orioles and Anaheim Angels are reportedly set to make a big push for Guerrero, who hit .330 with 25 homers and 79 RBIs last season, despite missing time with a back injury. Prior to this year, Guerrero had hit 30-plus homers in each of the last five years.

tsn.ca
------------

Well thats something you don't hear from the Yankees to often.
Old 22 Nov 2003, 12:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Haha. I am glad to hear that, I hate the Yankees and I hate Steinbrenner... hopefully they end up not being able to afford Shefield also, Sheffield should stay in Atlanta, they have an awesome 3-4-5 spot... but, whatever.

I am very surprised though, the Yankees always seem to go after any good free-agent, even if he wants too much, thats why they got the $200,000,000 payroll, lol.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2003, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Yankees Suck ass

I'm glad they can't buy every good player

stupid mother fuckers