ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

A-rod Boston bound?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Nov 2003, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default A-rod Boston bound?

Report: Rodriguez to Red Sox
TSN.ca Staff
11/11/2003

The Texas Rangers are reportedly discussing a three-way deal involving shortstop Alex Rodriguez.

According to New York Newsday, the Rangers are in talks with Boston and Anaheim which would see Rodriguez shipped to the Red Sox, who in turn would send Nomar Garciaparra to the Angels who would then turn around and send shortstop David Eckstein and a few pitchers to the Rangers.

Rangers owner Tom Hicks has made no secret of the fact that he would like to lighten the payroll and Rodriguez, the highest paid player in baseball with $189-million left on his 10 year deal, has indicated he would waive his no-trade clause.

Since signing the massive $252-million deal in 2000, the Rangers have finished last in each of the last three years. The financial weight of the deal has prevented the team from going out and signing a supporting cast necessary to make the Rangers a contender.

Other teams who could be interested and have the financial means to take on Rodriguez' contract include Baltimore and Los Angeles. Orioles boss Peter Angelos has given the green light to increase off-season spending this winter while the Dodgers are looking to make a big splash under new owner Frank McCourt.

---------

Hicks has made some dumb moves over the years. As a Stars fan last season I loved him for signing Guerin, Boucher, and Young. But then you think of him going after players like Turgeon who now makes like 7.5M, to do what? Nothing at all! And for him signing A-rod to a crazy contract like that is very stupid. Sure he's an excellent player, but a contract like that ties up your whole payroll. And now he wants to cut the Stars payroll too. He doesn't know what he's doing anymore. He's kicking himself big time now for stupid mistakes he has made over the past couple of seasons.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Doctor of Womenomics

RJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of light

I think this trade will go down only if the Red Sox can somehow trade Manny. The only way that will happen is if the Sox pick up at least half of his contract. I hope it does happen cause I would love to see Steinbrenners reaction to it. LOL
RJ Suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2003, 02:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

Quote:
he would waive his no-trade clause.
I would too, A-Rod wants to win, and it's not gonna happen for him in Texas, especially with the amount of space he's taking up on the payroll. I still don't know if he is quite worth that $189 million, that's a lot of money for one person... but he is one of the top 5 players in the game today... if Boston can re-sign Ramirez, they would have a badass 3-4 spot in their batting order, and I would bet they could give New York a run for their money next year.

I hate Steinbrenner.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote