ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Boller likely will miss the rest of the season

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Nov 2003, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Boller likely will miss the rest of the season

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens rookie quarterback Kyle Boller likely will miss the rest of the season with a leg injury.

Boller tore his left quadriceps in the first half of Sunday's loss to the St. Louis Rams. The injury could require surgery, although even in a best-case scenario he will be sidelined for at least six weeks.

He was on crutches at the Ravens' training complex Monday. He did not talk to the media, but obviously was downcast over the development.

"I'm sure he's very emotionally distraught right now," Ravens coach Brian Billick said.

There is a chance Boller could return in late December, although Billick said there's also a chance the quarterback will be placed on injured reserve as soon as Tuesday, sidelining him until next year.

The injury occurred in the second quarter of the Ravens' 33-22 loss, either when Boller banged knees with Baltimore fullback Alan Ricard or upon being hit while rolling toward the sideline.

"I don't even really remember the exact play," Boller said Sunday night.

Boller finished the half, but was replaced by Chris Redman at the start of the third quarter. Redman will start Sunday against the Miami Dolphins, Billick said.

Playing in a regular-season game for the first time in 13 months, Redman struggled mightily against the Rams. He went 7-for-12 for 58 yards, threw two interceptions and fumbled twice.

"It was one of those times where everyone was already juiced up, and I was just trying to get juiced up," he said Monday. "Anytime you get the opportunity, you have to make the best of it. I kind of missed one last night."

espn
Old 10 Nov 2003, 03:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Baltimore is in big trouble with Redman.....wonder if Billick knows Jeff George's phone number?.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2003, 04:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah it's safe to say the Ratbirds are fucked.

Redman is the biggest piece of shit. But this is all good for me, I want Baltimore to lose.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2003, 04:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by error402
Yeah it's safe to say the Ratbirds are fucked.

Redman is the biggest piece of shit. But this is all good for me, I want Baltimore to lose.
Ratbirds lmfao.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Here is some more new about their QB situation.

---------------------

Tuesday, November 11, 2003

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Fifth-year veteran quarterback Anthony Wright, who has neither started nor even appeared in a regular-season game since 2001, will start for the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday, replacing the injured Kyle Boller against the Miami Dolphins.

Coach Brian Billick told Wright, 26, of his assignment on Tuesday, after the staff opted for him over Chris Redman, the primary backup.

League and team sources, and sources close to Wright, confirmed he will start. New backup quarterback Ray Lucas, signed by the Ravens on Tuesday afternoon to bolster the depth chart in the absence of Boller, had revealed to Baltimore reporters that he had been told Wright was getting the nod.

"I think that's what I heard," Lucas said. "But I don't know that for a fact. I may have stuck my foot in my mouth. That's all I need. I haven't even unpacked yet."

But sources said that Wright, excited by the opportunity, had already begun earnestly studying film of the Miami defense, and planned to go late into the night attempting to identify tendencies and alignments. For Wright, the Sunday contest will mark only his ninth regular-season appearance, and his sixth start.

Boller, who had started the Ravens' first nine games but was injured Sunday night at St. Louis, underwent Tuesday surgery to repair a quadriceps tear in his left leg. He likely will miss six weeks and, after begging the organization not to place him on the injured reserve list, will remain on the active roster.

The Ravens still hope that Boller, one of their two first-round selections in the 2003 draft, will be able to return, either late in the year or for the playoffs.

Baltimore coaches have been intrigued since 2002 by the potential of Wright, who has a strong arm and some escape dimension. Although he did not take a single snap all of last season for the Ravens, the team re-signed him this summer, and the coaches continued to be impressed by his athletic ability.

Given the manner in which opposition defenses typically align against the Ravens, the feeling is that Wright provides the team a better chance to win than does Redman, who was abysmal in relief of Boller during the second half of Sunday's game.Since the Ravens rely so lopsidedly on the running of tailback Jamal Lewis, opponents typically play eight defenders "in the box" and dare Baltimore to throw the ball. There are usually opportunities for plays on the outside, but Redman lacks the arm strength to get the ball there. Arm strength has never been a problem for Wright, although accuracy is sometimes a concern, as evidenced by a 46.4 completion percentage.

Wright has completed 70 of 151 pass attempts for 766 yards, with five touchdowns, eight interceptions and a passer efficiency rating of 50.8. He began his career with Pittsburgh in 1999 as an unsigned college free agent, then moved to the Dallas Cowboys, starting two games in 2000 and three in 2001.

The choice of Wright is just the latest setback for Redman, once regarded as the Ravens' quarterback of the future, but a player who has clearly fallen into disfavor with Billick. A third-round choice in the 2000 draft, Redman opened the '02 season as the starter, then suffered a back injury in October and missed the balance of the campaign.

Redman underwent offseason back surgery, went to training camp this summer atop the depth chart, then was beaten out by the rookie Boller for the starting spot.

Lucas, 31, will serve as the third quarterback for now. The six-year veteran has played in 52 games with 15 starts but was released by the Miami Dolphins this spring. He has 280 completions in 483 attempts, for 3,029 yards, with 18 touchdown passes, 17 interceptions and a passer rating of 74.3.

Lucas, who started six games for the Dolphins last season, passed his physical and will join the Ravens on Wednesday.

To make room for Lucas on the roster, the Ravens released little-used defensive lineman Riddick Parker.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

----------------------
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2003, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Doctor of Womenomics

RJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of light

LMFAO Anthony Wright. Jeff George can't be that much of a head case can he?
RJ Suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2003, 08:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Let It Roll

I'm pretty sure Wright played for the Cowboys.