ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Terrell Davis, Hall Of Fame worthy, or not?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Nov 2003, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Terrell Davis, Hall Of Fame worthy, or not?

I just read an article on ESPN.com that says Terrell Davis will likely never play again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=1655713

It got me to thinking, do you think that he should be in the HOF? Personally, I believe in his injury shortened career, he accomplished more than some players are able to in entire careers and he should be in the Hall, whenever he is eligible.

In his 4 healthy seasons, he led the Broncos to 2 Super Bowl titles, rushed for 2000 yards in a season (accomplished by only 3 others), was a SB MVP (I believe), and averaged 1600 yards and 14 TDs through those seasons. In my opinion, had his career been shortened or not, he deserves to be in the Hall. He impacted the game, the Broncos organization, and was an ambassador for the sport. He is, in my mind, Hall Of Fame worthy.

What are your thoughts and opinions...?
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2003, 04:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I don't know. He was an awesome running back, and he probably would be still putting up those numbers today. But still I don't know. Because lets say he is eligable one year, but in the same class there are alot of athletes that will probable deserve it more then him. So its hard to say.
Old 06 Nov 2003, 04:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

as much as i hate the Broncos, i gotta say Terrell Davis deserves to be there.....when compared to the greatest backs of all time, his numbers are equivalent to the Jim Browns and Earl Campbells of the NFL.....in eight years, he accomplished things that most backs only dream about.....the ones that don't dream about them are the ones in Davis' category.....in other words, they don't dream, they just do it.....

Hall of Fame for Terrell Davis?

Yes.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2003, 05:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Davis was an awesome back and his on field accomplishments are notable. Only problem I see is the obvious, his short and injury plagued career. If he is to be ever inducted in the hall of fame you can expect him to have a very long wait.

There are many other players deserving of induction who will have their chance before he does. I would personally like to see him get inducted because I always like the guy and thought he was an awesome player.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2003, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

not in his first year, but within 5. He did a lot, but not enough to get the automatic pass.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2003, 12:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Doctor of Womenomics

RJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of light

compare Davis' stats to Gayle Sayers stats who also played only 6 or 7 seasons and they are almost even. In my opinion yes I think he is a Hall of Famer. He was the reason they won back to back Super Bowls.
RJ Suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2003, 12:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
And yet I fight...

Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Alth , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Alth Send a message via MSN to Alth

I think he deserves it, he is a great running back... while he was healthy at least.

He does deserve it though, not many people can say they've ran for over 2000 yards in a single season, not to mention won back-to-back Superbowls, even though he had John Elway to help him out, he still did it. Not to mention possibly one of the most couragous plays in NFL history, in the Superbowl against the Packers (can't remember the number in roman numerals) when he began having a migraine, and the pain became worse, and he ended up losing his sight for a few moments, and he still went out and ran a play-action play, which all he needed to do was line up and run up the middle, but that still shows a lot of character, to do whatever it takes to help your team win.

I think if he stayed healthy, he would still be breaking records today, but sometimes that's just how the cards are dealt to you... but I think he deserves it.
Alth is offline   Reply With Quote