ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Arizona gets 2008 superbowl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Oct 2003, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Arizona gets 2008 superbowl

CHICAGO -- Arizona was awarded Super Bowl XLII by a vote of NFL owners Thursday.

The Phoenix area beat out Tampa and Washington, D.C., and will host its second Super Bowl in 2008. The 1996 game was played in Tempe, Ariz., where Dallas beat Pittsburgh.

The 2008 game will be played in a new stadium in Glendale, Ariz., currently under construction.

Commissioner Paul Tagliabue had championed a proposal to hold the 2008 game in either Washington or the New York area. But the New Jersey Meadowlands could not put together a satisfactory bid in time, and the owners preferred a warmer climate by choosing Arizona.

The committee pushing Washington, D.C., and Redskins owner Daniel Snyder released a statement after the announcement, indicating they would continue to push for a future Super Bowl.

"We will continue our efforts and believe we can show a best-of-class approach to hosting the event," said former Sen. Fred Thompson, chairman of the Washington committee.

The Meadowlands plans to bid for the 2009 game. No outdoor Super Bowl ever has been held in a cold-weather city.

espn
------------

Well at least cards fans having something to look forward to in the future.
Old 30 Oct 2003, 04:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

wouldn't dc be considered a cold weather game in Jan.?
Old 30 Oct 2003, 04:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
YOU SCREWED MATT

I am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improve

Oh boy I cant wait to see the superbowl when I am....28!!!
Old 30 Oct 2003, 04:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

The One- No it probably won't be that cold in Arizona. But I have never been there so I don't know how cold it gets.

Icon- Lets see you try to get tickets first. Because from what i'v been told there next to impossible to get.
Old 30 Oct 2003, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I hate how they don't wanna have any kind of inclimate weather for the Super Bowl. They play the regular season and playoffs in whatever kind of weather there is, but they make the SB different? That's stupid to me. I would love to watch a SB where there's snow ALL over the place (like the AFC Championship between the Pats and Raiders). Bad weather makes for better games, in my opinion. Fuck perfect weather for the SB!!!

Oh yeah, as for it being in AZ, maybe the 'Boys wil be there and win it again, like they did 12 years ago (from the 2008 time frame)
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2003, 06:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy Black
Oh yeah, as for it being in AZ, maybe the 'Boys wil be there and win it again, like they did 12 years ago (from the 2008 time frame)
Well I hope they win it before then. Because the Tuna won't be with there for that long.
Old 30 Oct 2003, 07:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
YOU SCREWED MATT

I am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
The One- No it probably won't be that cold in Arizona. But I have never been there so I don't know how cold it gets.

Icon- Lets see you try to get tickets first. Because from what i'v been told there next to impossible to get.
Season ticket holders get first shot at tickets...I guess Ill have to go to every fuckin Cardinal game if I wanna go to the superbowl.
Old 30 Oct 2003, 09:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

I'm still waiting for them to take the SB a little further north. I agree with Stick, it's retarded how they don't spread it around.

I thought Denver in the hunt for an up coming SB, could be wrong though.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2003, 10:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by error402
I'm still waiting for them to take the SB a little further north. I agree with Stick, it's retarded how they don't spread it around.

I thought Denver in the hunt for an up coming SB, could be wrong though.
I heard too that Denver was trying to get it. But I agree with Stick, and you, about having a SB in a cold city. It was be cool to see.