ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Jurevicius out 4-6 weeks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Sep 2003, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Jurevicius out 4-6 weeks

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay wide receiver Joe Jurevicius tore a ligament in his right knee during a loss to the Carolina Panthers and will be out four-to-six weeks.

The injury to the medial collateral ligament will not require surgery.

Jurevicius was hurt in a collision with Bucs fullback Mike Alstott during Tampa Bay's 12-9 overtime loss Sunday.

Coach Jon Gruden said Monday he will explore the prospect of signing a receiver. Andre Rison worked out for the Super Bowl champions last month, but Gruden would not say if he planned to contact him again.

"We'll look at the availability of every player and we'll do what we feel is appropriate for our team. But I don't want to speculate on Andre," Gruden said.

Jurevicius, who had four receptions for 31 yards against Carolina, was replaced by Karl Williams, who caught a 43-yard pass on the game-tying drive late in the fourth quarter. Jurevicius had four catches and scored two touchdowns in Tampa Bay's 17-0 season-opening victory over Philadelphia.

"I'm just sitting on the sidelines, waiting for my turn," Williams told the St. Petersberg Times. "My job is to be ready when one of those guys goes down."

Jurevicius' injury also could mean more playing time for Reggie Barlow.

"It's unfortunate that Joe Jurevicius and Rickey Dudley, two guys who played a significant role in our offense, are no longer with us," Gruden said. "We've got to rally around the guys we have healthy."

Jurevicius is in his sixth NFL season, second with Tampa Bay after starting his career with the New York Giants. He has 147 catches for 1,935 yards and 11 touchdowns in his career.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.