ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

More bad news for UPS #88

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Sep 2003, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
YOU SCREWED MATT

I am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improveI am the Icon can only hope to improve
Default More bad news for UPS #88

GREENSBORO, N.C. -- The wife of Dale Jarrett's crew chief was one of three people killed when her limousine burst into flames after being hit from behind by a pickup truck.

Tara Howell Parker, 29, died late Wednesday in the interstate accident, police said. Parker was the wife of Shawn Parker, crew chief for Jarrett's No. 88 Robert Yates Racing team.

"I can't put into words the grief we feel,'' Yates said. "We are all in shock right now. All we can do is support Shawn and what he needs to do as well as Tara's family.''

Megan Elizabeth Howell, 16, and Mysti Howell Poplin, 24, both of Mocksville, also died, police said. All three were passengers in the limousine.

Police said the limousine stopped in a travel lane because of construction on Interstate 40. It was struck by a pickup truck driven by Jeffrey Niles McFayden of Greensboro. The truck pushed the limousine into the car in front of it and a gasoline tank ruptured, causing the limo to burst into flames, police said.

The limousine driver and the driver and a passenger in the front car were not injured.

McFayden was charged with driving while impaired and three counts of second-degree murder. He was in Guilford County Jail under $300,000 bond.

Parker of Cornelius received a heart transplant two years ago, and she and her husband adopted a baby boy in July, the Yates team said.

"Tara has gone through a lot in the last two years and was really an inspiration to everyone that knew her,'' Yates said.

Plans are being made to replace Parker as crew chief for Sunday's New Hampshire 300 in Loudon, N.H., Jarrett spokeswoman Penny Copen said.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 09:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

that sucks. Too many tragedies in Nascar these days...

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2003, 10:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

goddamn, MORE bad news AGAIN, just look at my sig, thats DJ. Yes, too much tradgedy, but why #88 again!? just when they were getting back on track. o well, '03 is just a bad year, just like '01, hmmmm, i wonder if it skips a year

P.S. when i registered at PWF, i never thought i'd see a thread all about "my" team

~*thoughts & prayers for Parker family*~

Last edited by Side Effect; 11 Sep 2003 at 10:37 PM.
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2003, 08:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

that sucks for dj,very bad..