ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Bulger to start Sunday?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Sep 2003, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Bulger to start Sunday?

Associated Press

ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Rams quarterback Kurt Warner was released from the hospital and returned to St. Louis on Monday, a day after sustaining a concussion during a loss to the New York Giants.

Coach Mike Martz said he'll likely wait until the end of the week to make a decision whether to activate Warner for Sunday's home opener against the 49ers. In any case, Martz said backup Marc Bulger almost certainly would start.

Bulger was 6-1 as the starter last year.

"I'm just going to count on starting Marc, basically," Martz said. "I'm going to err on the side of caution in this situation."

The Rams also moved to add depth at quarterback, signing Scott Covington and releasing Kirk Farmer. Covington was a backup with St. Louis last year.

Team doctors described the severity of the concussion as mild to moderate. A CT scan and X-rays on Warner's neck and head taken Sunday night were negative.

Martz said he met with Warner on Monday and that the quarterback seemed fine.

The Rams believe Warner was injured when he was sacked by Michael Strahan in the first quarter of Sunday's 23-13 loss. Warner was 34-for-54 for 342 yards. He threw for one touchdown and was intercepted once. He was sacked six times and fumbled six times, losing three of them.

One of Warner's targets also went down against the Giants.

Rookie wide receiver Shaun McDonald will be sidelined four-to-six weeks after injuring his thumb.

Martz said McDonald, the team's fourth-round pick and third wide receiver, sustained ligament damage when the thumb bent back against the ground. McDonald caught six passes for 46 yards against New York.

Undrafted Mike Furrey and Dane Looker will be the third and fourth wide receivers this week behind starters Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt. Kevin Curtis, the team's third-round pick, is expected back from a broken leg in perhaps two weeks.
-----

This could be intresting if he does start. Warner could be out of a job...
Old 08 Sep 2003, 08:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Bulger should start, Warner is a washed up piece of shit.

I saw on ESPN they showed stats from his last 7 starts.

0-7
14 fumbles
4 TD's
11 INT

Those are brutal stats.
Sometimes it's just too hard to come back from injuries.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2003, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Athos is on a distinguished road

I still don't understand how people think Bulger is so great. WHO DID HE PLAY AGAINST!!!! He played against Oakland I will give him that game, but the Raiders were due to lose. Next week he played against seatlle which had a crappy defense. The following week he play here this ARIZONA ARIZONA of all team. Then he played against the Bears. Which was as bad as Arizona. What team did Warner played against? Denver, Giants, Bucks, Eagles

Which of the two qb had the easy schedule??? I said Bulger
Athos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2003, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

I'm not sayin Bulger is great, because I know he isn't.

But at this point the Rams need to try something because it's just not working with Warner.

I say start Warner next game and see what happens, if he flops again then there should be no doubt as to who should start next game.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2003, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

You have a good point. But if your an "allstar" like Warner you can't have stats like that against any team.
Old 08 Sep 2003, 11:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Doctor of Womenomics

RJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of light

Warner had a good three year run there is no denying it but NFL defenses have caught up to him and the injuries have also. I think the injuries are more serious than Martz or any other Ram official is letting on. The stats speak for themselves and it is time for Bulger to start for good.
RJ Suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2003, 09:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

good decision,bulger is very good,warner has just lost his touch..
Old 09 Sep 2003, 09:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

^^^^ Well not really lost his touch........ we cant really put all the blame on Kurt Warner.....they were playing the Giants you guys...

On the other side of warner sunday afternoon was a really good D - line was really pressured him.....if you watched the game......and same goes with the secondary, as John Madden says......sometimes it's better to resign yourself to the sack cause you dont wanna throw an INT

All im saying is that before placing blame on Warner cut him some slack, cut everyone slack......i've said this before and yes i will say it again

It is week 1 and everyone is treating it like there are 3 games left and there are 5 teams going for wild card.

For people like warner and farve.....it's gonna take them more than 60 minutes to regain their all star status..........sure they are both aging old quarterbacks, but i believe that they can still get things done. i hope that they do start Bulger.....so that the San Fran line can sack him 6 times and then we can all see what the espn, sports centre, and fox analists say..............