ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

What should the NFL do about preseason?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Aug 2003, 10:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default What should the NFL do about preseason?

Too many big players have went down in preseason, which could cause their teams a playoff spot. The preseason means nothing so its pointless for players to put their season on the line. What do you think the NFL should do to prevent players, and mostly QBs from going down in the preseason?
Old 30 Aug 2003, 04:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Cut it down to two games. Some teams play 5 games, that's ridiculous.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2003, 12:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Cutting it down to two games wouldn't do much. I was watching NFL Live the other night, and they listed of several key players (including Vick) that were injured in the SECOND pre season game.

I guess 2 games would be ok, but you still have the younger players that play hard every play to try to make the team and they're going after the players that are secured in their starting spots or whatever. I don't think there's any way to control how much each player gives during pre season....
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2003, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

make it two...i'm still pissed about pennington and vick, two great young talents downed in the preseason, both meaningless games....damn shame
Old 31 Aug 2003, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

I don't think they need to cut down on the # of preseason games. What happened this year was a fluke. A 5 game preseason is needed. Why? because some teams need that long to evealuate the talent that they aren't sure about. That's the whole point of the preseason. Obviously there is no way to stop injuries in the preseason, but what they can do is just not play the people they KNOW they will start. I mean what is the point of starting players like Vick or Penington in the preseason? To see if they are still good? I gaurantee that either one of them could have had an off preseason and they would still be the starters this season. Preseason is for the players you aren't sure about, not for the players that you KNOW you're going to start. Keep them out of it and you don't have to worry about season destroying injuries. It's as simple as that.

My Teams

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2003, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Good points Wolf, but preseason isn't just for the coaches to evaluate the talent they have. It's also for the players to get into game shape and get used to taking the hits again. It gets them mentally and physically ready for the regular season. I guess they should make it up to each player (that is GOING to be a starter FOR SURE) as to how much he plays. If he only wants to play a quarter in the first pre season game and that's it, then he will be held responsible if he's ready or not.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote