ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

NFL Europe might expand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jun 2003, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default NFL Europe might expand

Expansion is possible for NFL Europe

NFL.com wire reports

GLASGOW, Scotland (June 14, 2003) -- There could be more teams in NFL Europe next year despite stagnating attendance.

NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue said that officials from Madrid and Hamburg have approached the NFL about joining the six-team, all-European league.

A decision will be made in mid-September when NFL owners meet.

"In the past, we've looked at expansion and visited Madrid," said Tagliabue, speaking in Glasgow before the World Bowl. "We've had discussions with German cities who have shown interest. We have a lot to do; there are decisions to be made in the offseason.

"We've had three- to five-year business plans, and we're coming up to the end of the cycle."

Adding teams would play a key role for the NFL's 24-hour football network slated to be launched in mid-November, and attract more young European fans, Tagliabue said.

He ruled out expanding to the United States next season. Some reports have indicated a team would surface in Florida. Tagliabue said the chances of that happening were slim.

Six United States-based teams played in the World League of American Football in 1991 and '92, but folded when the league suspended play.

The current all-European format has been in place since 1995.

"Spring leagues in the U.S. have a very mediocre history," Tagliabue said.

Several NFL Europe teams drew well below the league average of 16,402 fans this season, but contraction isn't likely.

The NFL has never broken even on its developmental league and pumps several million dollars into it annually to promote the American game abroad.

"We know why we're here, to develop players and the game abroad," said Gene Upshaw, head of the NFL Players Association. "You can't measure this league in dollars and cents. If we did that, we'd come to the conclusion we shouldn't be doing this."

==============================

I know nobody cares about this. But we hit a dry season right now, so i'm going to post what ever I can now...
Old 16 Jun 2003, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yes this is indeed the dry season. Man the summer is hurting, unless your a baseball fan which I am not.

As for the subject the only good to come out of this is that there will now be more teams in madden for me to beat up on, oh yeaaaaaaah.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2003, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
error402 said in post # :
Yes this is indeed the dry season. Man the summer is hurting, unless your a baseball fan which I am not.

As for the subject the only good to come out of this is that there will now be more teams in madden for me to beat up on, oh yeaaaaaaah.
Do you have the network adaptor for ps2?

*EDIT

Nevermind. I found the other thread where I asked you.

Last edited by Rebel; 16 Jun 2003 at 06:39 PM.
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2003, 06:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Rebel said in post # :

Do you have the network adaptor for ps2?
Nah, used to have it but I sold it. Didn't really like it to much and plus I didn't find that it worked to well. I probably didn't have it set up right but I don't play my PS2 enough to get any real use out of it.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:

Nah, used to have it but I sold it. Didn't really like it to much and plus I didn't find that it worked to well. I probably didn't have it set up right but I don't play my PS2 enough to get any real use out of it.
I don't have it either. Because i'm like you, I don't play ps2 too much. But my friend has it, so I would of went over there to beat you down in a game if you did have it.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 06:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Rebel said in post # :

I don't have it either. Because i'm like you, I don't play ps2 too much. But my friend has it, so I would of went over there to beat you down in a game if you did have it.
lol, yeah whatever you gotta tell yourself.

But seriously you probably would beat me, I havn't played in a while but when I did play it a lot I was damn good.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 06:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:

lol, yeah whatever you gotta tell yourself.

But seriously you probably would beat me, I havn't played in a while but when I did play it a lot I was damn good.
lol. same here. I use to play it so much, and no one could touch me. But I haven't played in awhile. But compared to some of the guys online, i'm nothing. The first time I went online I went to the best room, and I got hammered.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 07:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Rebel said in post # :

lol. same here. I use to play it so much, and no one could touch me. But I haven't played in awhile. But compared to some of the guys online, i'm nothing. The first time I went online I went to the best room, and I got hammered.
Yeah that'll happen. Thats also another reason I don't play game online because I know there are these losers out there who turn these game into thier lives and they just annihilate you when you play them.