ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports

Sports Want to talk about the world of sports? Basketball? Football? Hockey?

Cechmanek probably done in Philly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 May 2003, 06:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Cechmanek probably done in Philly

GM Clarke: I don't think he wants to come back

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

VOORHEES, N.J. -- Flyers goaltender Roman Cechmanek probably will not return to the team following a disappointing finish in the playoffs.

"I think it'll be very difficult to bring Roman back,'' general manager Bob Clarke said Monday. "I don't think he wants to come back. I think he feels it's not a good place for him.''

Cechmanek signed a three-year contract extension worth $3 million a season in January 2002. Clarke said he'll try to trade the 32-year-old player.

Cechmanek already has returned to his native Czech Republic for the summer, and Clarke isn't sure if the goalie still wants to play in the NHL.

Clarke said the Flyers will pursue a new goaltender through a trade or free agency. Clarke expects backup Robert Esche to be a starter in the league, but isn't certain the 25-year-old goalie is ready.

Cechmanek was 33-15-10 with a 1.83 goals-against average in the regular season, helping the Flyers finish just one point behind first-place New Jersey in the Atlantic Division.

But Cechmanek played poorly in the final two games of Philadelphia's second-round series against Ottawa, allowing nine goals on 46 shots.

He has a 1.96 lifetime goals-against average in three seasons, lowest among goaltenders with at least 150 regular-season games since 1943-44.

"It's an interesting situation with Roman,'' Clarke said. "He's runner-up for the Vezina (Trophy) one year, he's tied for the lowest goals-against in the league and his save percentage is always good, but his playoffs have been inconsistent.

"He shuts a team out one night, but when you get down to the nitty gritty and you let a soft goal in, it takes a lot out of your team emotionally.''

Cechmanek, whose unconventional style sometimes left him vulnerable to rebounds, has been erratic since becoming the Flyers' starter in 2001.

In the 2003 playoffs, he won his first playoff series in three tries by shutting down Toronto, giving up only four goals in the last three games. In the Ottawa series, Cechmanek had two shutouts before the Flyers fell apart in the last two games, losing 5-2 and 5-1.

Fans booed Cechmanek after Mike Fisher's long slap shot slipped between his legs for a short-handed goal that gave the Senators a 2-0 lead in Game 6.

"I hear what people say. They hate me,'' Cechmanek said after the game. "I don't know why they hate me, hate our team. We do what we know.''

espn.com

======================

Wow I think finally Bobby Clarke got a new brain or something. He's actually going to make a good decision. Cechmanek is killing this team. Philly would still be in the playoffs if it wasn't for this piece of shit. And LMFAO....he doesn't know why people hate him.
Old 12 May 2003, 08:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah he isn't the best goalie thats for sure. He took a lot of heat for his performance but lets face it, he played like shit so there is no excuse.

I think this is a wise move for Philly, nothing hurts your team more than a weak goalie in my mind.
error402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2003, 09:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kevin Garnett

The Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via MSN to The Big Ticket

I wonder who the Flyers will end up getting as their starter...
I'm also wondering who will pickup Roman after his awful play in the playoffs..

I think it is a great decision by Clarke..

Go Timberwolves!
The Big Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2003, 09:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Edge said in post # :
I wonder who the Flyers will end up getting as their starter...
I'm also wondering who will pickup Roman after his awful play in the playoffs..

I think it is a great decision by Clarke..
I don't think he will be playing for anyone. He'll just sit his ass at home in Europe. But if I had to pick a team who I think they will would ship him to, it would be the Rangers. There dumb enough to take him.
Old 12 May 2003, 10:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

LOL, the Rangers would take him, then rework a deal so he would make more money than what his current contract pays

I have never disliked him or even cared about him, but he needs some fuckin epilstop on that god damn unibrow
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2003, 06:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Kevin Garnett

The Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersThe Big Ticket will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via MSN to The Big Ticket

Quote:
STICKzophrenic said in post # :
but he needs some fuckin epilstop on that god damn unibrow
lol

Go Timberwolves!
The Big Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote