ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Sports > Sports Tourney Forum

Sports Tourney Forum Where all Sports tournaments will be held, and where people know that all Boston sports teams are a bunch of bitches.

PWF Basketball pickem/NCAA thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Mar 2005, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default PWF Basketball pickem/NCAA thread

This is for the upcoming mens basketball tournament. I have a yahoo group pool.

ID: 14851
password: lucy

Also put your thoughts and feelings for the tounament here.
Old 06 Mar 2005, 04:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

I signed up.

My name is DyersEVE6
Old 06 Mar 2005, 06:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

I'm in on this.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2005, 06:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

OH MY FUCKING GOD! Did anyone here about the Buckeyes ending the Illini's undefeated streak in the last game of the season? It looks like they ARE the Stanford of 2005. They still have a chance, but I think with this loss, I'd rather put my money on UNC or Wake Forest to win it all.

I signed up as Alex.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2005, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Illinois should be fine for the tourney..this will bring them back down to earth a little..Still on a neutral court..UNC is a level above any other team in the land.
Old 07 Mar 2005, 05:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Redick
OH MY FUCKING GOD! Did anyone here about the Buckeyes ending the Illini's undefeated streak in the last game of the season? It looks like they ARE the Stanford of 2005. They still have a chance, but I think with this loss, I'd rather put my money on UNC or Wake Forest to win it all.

I signed up as Alex.
Yeah...I made a thread about it.
Old 07 Mar 2005, 06:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Confrence tourneys begin today

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/featur...ge=champweek05

There is a very good article about the MEAC. It is a black school confrence that doesn't get any exposure. Former NBA coach Butch Beard does a good job describing life at the other end of college sports.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...pat&id=2001780

Last edited by Dan Snyder; 07 Mar 2005 at 06:14 AM.
Dan Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2005, 07:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

I joined as, of course...GDAWG.

That Illini thing is crazy, I was gonna watch it but I thought Ill had the game under control.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2005, 09:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

I'm feeling real good about the Tar Heels. They average 20 more points than their opponent, and the only reason they have 2 more losses than Illinois is because they're in a much harder conference. They beat Duke last night, which is a huge accomplishment. UNC never beats Duke anymore.

But still, my name was The Illini Fan for 3 or 4 months. I refuse to cheer for UNC. But shit, I won't be surprised if they win the National Championship this year.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2005, 07:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

I think Kentucky can be an Elite 8 team.
Old 08 Mar 2005, 07:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

i signed up for it.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2005, 10:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

We already have an intresting team in the NCAAs, 12-18 Oakland Univ.

Oakland, Mich. 61, Oral Roberts 60

By JEFF LATZKE, Associated Press Writer
March 8, 2005
TULSA, Okla. (AP) -- Pierre Dukes became an unlikely hero for an improbable NCAA tournament team.

Dukes' only shot of the second half was a 3-pointer with 1.3 seconds left and Oakland upset top-seeded Oral Roberts 61-60 Tuesday night to win the Mid-Continent Conference tournament and make the NCAAs with a 12-18 record.

The seventh-seeded Golden Grizzlies are in the tournament for the first time since becoming a Division I program eight seasons ago. It's the fourth straight season a team with a losing record has made the NCAA tournament.

Oakland (Mich.) took possession after Jonathan Bluitt hit one of two free throws to make it 60-58. Rawle Marshall passed it to Dukes on the left side, and his shot splashed through the net.

``When I got it, I looked at the clock and there wasn't enough time to get it back to him, so I figured I'd let it fly,'' said Dukes, a 35 percent shooter from 3-point range who almost didn't even make the team.

Ken Tutt's desperation shot after a deflected inbounds pass banked high off the rim, and Oral Roberts' players hung their heads and clutched their knees while the Golden Grizzlies huddled and celebrated near midcourt.

``I'm just numb,'' Oral Roberts guard Luke Spencer-Gardner said. ``I'm not really feeling all that much. I'm just shocked. This isn't the way it was meant to be.''

Cortney Scott scored 19 points and Marshall scored 18 for Oakland, which had lost to Oral Roberts twice during the regular season.

The Golden Grizzlies started the season 0-7 against a murderous schedule that included Illinois, Xavier and Missouri. But they finished the season with five straight wins, three in the conference tournament.

``We had to play the perfect game and we did,'' Kampe said.

It also took a surprising star.

``I can't tell you how happy I am for Pierre Dukes,'' Kampe said. ``He wasn't going to play for us. On Sept. 1, he was not going to be on our team. Then we had some problems and I talked to him and said, 'Why don't you come out?'''

Caleb Green scored 13 points and Tutt added 12 for the Golden Eagles (25-7), who were seeking their first NCAA tournament appearance in 21 years. The Golden Grizzlies concentrated on eliminating Green with triple-teams and Oral Roberts struggled from the outside, hitting 7 of 19 from 3-point range.

``They slowed the game down and got Marshall the ball and we just never could speed it up to the level that we needed,'' Oral Roberts coach Scott Sutton said.

Andrew Meloy scored 10 points for Oral Roberts -- all during a 10-2 run that put the Golden Eagles ahead 16-13 midway through the first half.

The Golden Eagles led 28-27 at halftime, but had to overcome an eight-point second-half deficit to take the lead before Dukes' game-winner.

The Golden Grizzlies led 42-34 after coming out of halftime on an 17-6 run, fueled by Scott inside and Marshall driving the lane. Scott converted a three-point play to open the half and added three more free throws during the run. Marshall hit a pair of jump shots and drove the lane for two more baskets.

Oral Roberts charged back with a 9-2 run capped when Green took a pass from Tutt, whirled around Oakland's David Ritzema and scored to make it 44-43.

After that, the lead changed five times and the teams were tied four times before Spencer-Gardner's two free throws put the Golden Eagles ahead 59-57 with 2:20 to play.

Scott hit one of two free throws to bring Oakland within a point, and Bluitt's answer at the other end left an opening for Oakland to get the win.

``I'll never forget this game as long as I live,'' Sutton said. ``It's a very devastating loss.''

The NCAA tournament hopes for Oral Roberts, which won the Mid-Continent's regular season title, are sketchy at best. No Mid-Continent team has been an at-large selection to the NCAA tournament, but the Golden Eagles have an 81-63 win against Georgetown on their resume.

``I don't think there's much of a chance,'' Sutton said.
Old 09 Mar 2005, 07:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
likes 30 Rock.

GDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersGDAWG is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to GDAWG Send a message via Yahoo to GDAWG

UW Milwaukee is in...so begins the cinderella story.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2005, 02:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

UWM could do a lot of damage. They have a REALLY good coach.
Old 09 Mar 2005, 06:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Automatic Bids right now

School Record Automatic Bid
Central Florida 24-8 Won Atlantic Sun
Creighton 24-10 Won Missouri Valley
Eastern Kentucky 22-8 Won Ohio Valley
Gonzaga 25-4 Won West Coast
Louisiana-Lafayette 20-10 Won Sun Belt
Niagara 20-9 Won Metro Atlantic Athletic
Oakland 12-18 Won Mid-Continent
Old Dominion 28-5 Won Colonial
Pennsylvania 20-8 Won Ivy League
UT-Chattanooga 20-10 Won Southern