ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

Wrestlemania Teen Reading Challenge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Nov 2006, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Oconee is on a distinguished road
Cool Wrestlemania Teen Reading Challenge

f you live in Georgia and are in grades 9-12, this might be of interest to you. The Oconee County Library, located in Watkinsville, Georgia (only 15 min. outside of Athens) is participating in the Wrestlemania Reading Challenge, sponsored by the Young Adult Library Services Association
(YALSA) and the WWE. As far as we know, OCPL is one of the only local libraries participating, so it is a great opportunity to have a chance at winning exciting WWE prizes! We have a local WWE contact who has provided us with some very cool WWE prizes, an ongoing WWE memoribilia display, and the promise of an awesome January WWE party to end the contest.

The specifics and rules are as follows:

* The Wrestlemania Reading Challenge is open to all students in grades 9-12. Participants must read 10 items (including up to 2 magazines— the other 8 must be chapter books) in their free time between Oct. 15 and Jan
16, 2007.
* These books cannot be required reading for class!
* All teens must read 2 required books: Athletic Shorts by Chris Crutcher and Black and White by Paul Volponi.
* To be eligible for WWE prizes, you must write a 300-word essay or create a webpage interpretation of the two required books.
* The Oconee Library will judge all entries and pick a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner to receive exciting WWE prizes!
* In Detroit, the 5 national finalists will compete for the National Reading Challenge Title and a ring-side seat at Wrestlemania!
* This event is sponsored by World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA).

Official contest rules and details are posted at:
http://www.ala.org/ala/yalsa/teenrea.../challenge.htm

Contact the Library for more info! Our website is:
http://www.clarke.public.lib.ga.us/oconee/index.html
Old 18 Nov 2006, 04:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

No advertising, and I am the only person from Georgia, and I am not in high school.