ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GUSCOAT Semifinals: Sting vs. Rick Rude
View Poll Results: GUSCOAT
Sting 5 45.45%
Rick Rude 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Aug 2004, 03:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GUSCOAT Semifinals: Sting vs. Rick Rude

yes a matchup that actually happened now you get to decide who moves on..4 days to vote and remember to look back at round 3's brackets for information about these two wrestlers
Old 24 Aug 2004, 03:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Sting>Ric Rude.....

whaaaoooooooooooooooooo!!!!

sidenote: Sting>Ric Rude.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Old 24 Aug 2004, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

This is a tough one for me. I'll have to think.
Old 24 Aug 2004, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Rick Rude held the US title for over a year in some change. In that year in some months Rude defended that title against all comers in not only grade A matches but grade A storylines. Rude gave the title up to Rhodes only to be elevated to The World Champion.

Sting has a sub-par almost 3 month reign the his first time around with no real memearable points about it. His 2nd and last reign was bearly better as for 5 months we watched Sting be friends with Hulk Hogan and defend his title less and do 6 man tags more. Sting wasn't as good of a US champion as history shows.

Rick Rude is the 2nd best US champion of all time, second only to Lugar imo, with Austin coming in 3rd.....Rude really brought so much prestiege and crediability to the US title, so much that it hasn't been as important since, adding the drama that went along with every match....

Old 25 Aug 2004, 08:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.

you know i had already picked the two guys i wanted in the finals...and Rude was one of them..Sorry OEO
Old 25 Aug 2004, 08:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

well, I could put up a good argument, but with seven votes already being cast there is no reason to.....

Old 27 Aug 2004, 05:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Looks Like people might care about the arguement Oeo...might as well tell them why they should vote for the man who looks like he's taking a monster crap in your sig banner

Old 27 Aug 2004, 05:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Rude's up by one and I haven't voted yet. I suggest you put up an argument.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 09:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

I'll do it shortly.....

Old 27 Aug 2004, 09:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

uh oh..one day left
Old 27 Aug 2004, 11:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

In this case, it's almost like Sting didn't have to have the belt to make the US Championship better.....sort of like his entire career.....he may not ever go down as the greatest champion of any sort, yet he has to go down as the greatest WCW performer of all time.....Sting lends credibility to whatever he's involved in.....but, I digress.....I'll do the argument of their title reigns.....

In August of '91, Sting defeated Arn Anderson, Scott Hall and Steve Austin to win the US Title for the first time.....and this was after he had already had a run with the World Title.....he won a tournament because Luger had to relinquish the title after winning the world belt.....

while holding the US belt, he feuded with Johny B. Badd, Abdullah the Butcher, one Cactus Jack, Big Van Vader and finally.....Rick Rude.....yes, Sting relinquished his title to Rude.....Rude then held the title for a period of well over a year, and defended it on many occasions.....doing an admirable job, Rude was a great heel champion and furthered some great feuds.....yes, his title reign was longer, and he turned the belt over to Dustin Rhodes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling bios.com
In June '95, Sting entered into the vacated United States Title tournament. Just like before, Sting stormed up the brackets, defeating Arn Anderson and "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff to get to the finals at the Great American Bash, where he defeated Meng to become the United States champion for the second time. For the next three months, Sting would match up against Meng many times, as well as the rest of the Dungeon of Doom. But Sting held on, always coming out with the US Title intact. However, in November, Sting was defeated by Kensuke Sasaki, a wrestler from NJPW who had recently come to WCW. Sasaki won the title, and Sting moved back up into the main event picture......
(I was too lazy to type this one)

now to follow up on my statement that it's almost like Sting didn't have to hold the belt to make the title better.....

Sting, after already holding the World Title belt, went through several people to have his first US belt reign.....we all know that Sting was already the face of WCW, and therefore it lent a good deal of credibility to the title for him to hold it....but he didn't have to have the belt to become more than what he already was.....

here's the thing.....Rick Rude wasn't ready to hold the World belt yet, and it was time for him to have some major belt on him.....he needed something to elevate himself into that next level.....who better to elevate him than the man that so many people adored from the WCW, the man called Sting.....no one.....so Sting turned the belt over to Rick Rude, and in one of the classic WCW feuds, he continued to lend credence to Rude's title reign in the beginning by at one point sending an autograph seeker to have Rude sign a contract.....I remember this feud well.....

the second time Sting held the belt, it was more of the same.....he lost it to Sasaki during WCW's joint venture with Japan.....who better to give the Japanese wrestler's credence with the WCW following than if that wrestler were to be Sting, the franchise of WCW.....no one....

you see, with Sting it's not just about who he defeated while he was the US title holder.....it's about who he brought along for the ride.....he helped create Rick Rude's success, and he helped bring US credibility to Sasaki.....therefore, if Sting helped create Rick Rude's success.....

Sting>Rick Rude.....simple as that.....

I could go into a much longer spiel, but hopefully you guys get the picture.....it's really quite simple, when I look at it anyway.....

Old 27 Aug 2004, 11:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
WOOOOOOOO!

Shooter Magavin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shooter Magavin Send a message via MSN to Shooter Magavin

The Stinger.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 12:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

even though sting is my fav wrestler..you are forgetting OEO, yes Rude might have needed Sting to make him look credible as a US champ..but after that Rude did it by himself..he might not have ever lost the title..it was an injury that forced him to vacate it...he did comeback and beat Rhodes (they called it a double pin) and the title vacated once more..Rhodes did finally beat Rude to win the belt a second time..but you see had it not been for Rude's injury and Rhodes getting the shot with Steamboat...Rude would have stayed champion.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 12:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

I know all that, you crackhead.....

but Sting was still the original one that elevated Rude.....therefore.....

Sting>Rude.....

and, Rude didn't necessarily need Sting to make him look credible as he was a great talent.....but, Sting being the one that he originally beat made him even more credible.....and, in the end, Sting lost it to Rude who went on to become the World Champ.....Rude lost it to Rhodes, who went on to face the Blacktop Bully.....

Sting> Rick Rude, just in case I hadn't said that.....