ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GTTOAT Round 1: Doom vs. The American Males
View Poll Results: GTTOAT
Doom 5 83.33%
American Males 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Apr 2004, 05:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GTTOAT Round 1: Doom vs. The American Males

Making their debut at a Clash of the Champions, Doom came out with Teddy Long and immediately made an impact..Ron Simmons was about to become a big name in WCW, while Butch Reed just jumped over from the WWF...Doom wore masks and were tough competitors..and their fued with the Steiner Brothers was classic..In may of 1990 Doom beat the Steiners for the WCW tag team titles..keeping the belts until late feburary of 91..Doom destroyed the competition until the Freebirds won the titles back in Phoniex..Ron simmons would then go on to have a great singles career..

Buff Bagwell well pre buff was a hot young star...teaming with the patriot he had already been a tag team champ in WCW..but a year before the NWO invaded WCW..Bagwell teamed up with Scotty Riggs to form the American Males..Wrestlecrap in the making from their theme music..to their wrestling skills..however WCW had hope for these young guys and gave them a chance to compete for the WCW tag team titles..Harlem Heat had just won back the tag belts on september 17th 1995..the next night a shocking upset saw the american males win the straps from the heat and keep them for 11 days until HH beat the tar out of them like a government mule and won them back..Scotty Riggs would later become a member of the flock, while buff would try and be the stuff and and wear stupid overalls and look like the cat in the hat.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 11:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I'm not sure when their debut was but Doom had originally come into the wrestling world as a tag team in WCW lead by Woman. She is Chris Benoits wife now and Kevin Sullivans former wife. Either way I was intrigued because Woman was their managers. A little later Teddy Long took over as the manager. Simmons and Reed were a dominant force in the tag division for over a year and a half if not longer. Once the two men were unmasked as Simmons and Reed, they only got better and from there had some classic bouts with many teams including The Steiners, The Freebirds, The Horsemen Flair and Anderson, The Rock and Roll Express as well as other tag teams at the times.

The American males were pretty much summed up by saying a low-midcard team that had a lot of potentail but were doomed (no pun intended) from the very get go. Anyone who remembers their terriable music knows what I am talking about. However I did like the chemistry that Bagwell and Riggs brought to the table. However this team was not even on the same level of success as Doom and didn't have nearly as many memeriable moments as them either. I vote Doom in this one....

Old 22 Apr 2004, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

thanks for the post Dre..i try to keep everything straight but there is so much to talk about with each team that i get some of the details mixed up..oh doom was my vote