ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GTTOAT Round 1: Kalmikoffs vs. The Midnight Express
View Poll Results: GTTOAT
Ivan and Karol Kalmikoff 1 10.00%
Midnight Express (Eaton and Lane) 9 90.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Apr 2004, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GTTOAT Round 1: Kalmikoffs vs. The Midnight Express

It's Ivan and Karol Kalmikoff vs. Beautiful Bobby Eaton and Sweet Stan Lane

The Kalmikoffs never made it to the big time, except for a stint in the old AWA territory owed by Verne Gagne...In Minnesota on New Year's Day in 1963 the Kalmikoffs would get the biggest win of their careers as they beat Doug Gilbert and Dick Steinborn to win the AWA Tag Team Titles...they would then go on to hold the belts for over eight months before losing to Crusher and Dick the Bruiser, and that would be the last anyone would hear of them.

The Midnight Express of Eaton and Lane would actually be the second coming of the team...Most people don't remember the original version, but James E's team of Beautiful Bobby and Sweet Stan would have a pretty successful run in WCW...Bobby Eaton was always a great Tag wrestler winning the WCW gold with several different partners..fueled by their rivarly with such teams as the original Midnights and of course the Rock and Roll Express...Eaton and Lane along with Cornette and his tennis racket and ringside, would do battle with the likes of the roadwarriors in a scapel match...the crowning achievement was one great night in Philly when the Express would win the WCW tag titles beating Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard in 1988...they would only keep the belts a little over a month before LOD would take them away..however the Midnight express would continue to go on strong up until the new decade.
Old 10 Apr 2004, 11:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Neil #1 Fighter is on a distinguished road

Eaton and Lane,all the way!
Old 11 Apr 2004, 07:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
-X-

-X- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to -X-

eaton and lane

syco13
Old 12 Apr 2004, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Midnite Express III for me is my favorite version of the team. Just for the record, Lane and Eaton are actually the Third version of the Midnight Express. Codrey and Eaton were the 2nd and Codrey, Randy Rose and Novell Austin are the original Midnight Express, and Holly and Mike Burton are the 4th. I know more about Lane and Eaton then any other version, and was such a huge fan of them as a child growing up that it has made me have hard feelings towards the Rock n Roll Express till this day. Hopefully this team and their chemistry will go far in this event.....

Old 12 Apr 2004, 05:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^What about Ron Starr and who is The Mongolian Stomper???

I wrote enough about the midnight express in their other battle, so I'll just hurry up and pick em here.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 12 Apr 2004, 07:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Yakov Smirnoff vould have a vield day vith this. I voted vor Soviet team.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 06:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
^What about Ron Starr and who is The Mongolian Stomper???

I wrote enough about the midnight express in their other battle, so I'll just hurry up and pick em here.
I know nothing about either to be honest, though Ron Star is like Mr. Wrestling 1 1/2 kind of. And Mongolian Stomper might be the same guy from Stampede wrestling who was the world champ a few times, his other name escapes me though Were the two a tag team?

Old 13 Apr 2004, 11:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^I was reading some history on Midnight Express and Star and Stomper were in the team before Eaton and Condrey. I heard of Starr, but I've never heard of Mongolian Stomper. Something about them working in alabama together as the Midnight Express before moving into Watt's promotion were they took off. So was wondering how many versions there were wrestling under that name. Here's the text.

Quote:
...The Midnight Express was not new to the wrestling world. Randy Rose, Norvell Austin, The Mongolian Stomper and Ron Starr had all once been members with Rose, Austin and Condrey laying claim to the moniker for the longest, having worked the Southeastern territory in Alabama as the Express and later moving to Memphis...
credit http://www.kayfabememories.com/Wrestlers/WLmidexp.htm
Beats me what the team was like or when it was.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!