ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Final: Steve Austin vs. Ric Flair
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Steve Austin 11 37.93%
Ric Flair 18 62.07%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Apr 2004, 08:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Final: Steve Austin vs. Ric Flair

The final two are here, who is the greatest of all time?
Old 02 Apr 2004, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

STONE COLD what STONE COLD what STONE COLD what STONECOLD

Old 02 Apr 2004, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
HHHater 4 Life

BADMAN(RAVEN) is on a distinguished road

The Greatest of All Time is the one the only

Ric Flair.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Old 02 Apr 2004, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Flair by miles.......

Old 02 Apr 2004, 12:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

They are both really good wrestlers and i like Austin more but Flair is way better.
Old 02 Apr 2004, 01:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

My vote goes to The Nature Boy WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Ric Flair
Old 02 Apr 2004, 01:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kryptonite

for any Austin supporters I need to know Why? and What matches are you basing this on?

Flair should win this by a land slide

Old 02 Apr 2004, 02:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneberg
STONE COLD what STONE COLD what STONE COLD what STONECOLD

ignorance like this is why people use birth control
Old 02 Apr 2004, 04:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

A gimmick has taken Crybaby Williams this far. Now it is time for it to be squashed. Flair was great. Williams was mediocre with a gimmick. This should be Savage (or Sting) vs. Flair.

But anywho, Flair.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
Old 02 Apr 2004, 05:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

WOOOOOOOOOOOO! Flair....I like Stone Cold, but it's true, he did ride a gimmick his whole career, while Flair has maintained his greatness throughout his entire career...
Old 02 Apr 2004, 11:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Silence is nothing.

Kurok is on a distinguished road

As much as I really like SCSA , Flair's gonna be getting this one, after having thoughts about this I'm just going to cut to the chase and give it up for The Nature Boy WOOOOOOOOOOO!! And thats the bottom line.

What about me? What about Kurok?
Old 03 Apr 2004, 01:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

Kawada Mark is on a distinguished road

Steve Austin on his best day was as good or better than Flair.

My vote, goes to Austin.

Quote:
for any Austin supporters I need to know Why? and What matches are you basing this on?
vs. Dustin Rhodes - 10/91
vs. Barry Windham - ?/?/92
vs. Barry Windham - ?/?/92
vs. Ricky Steamboat - ?/?/92
vs. Ricky Steamboat - ?/?/92
w/Brian Pillman vs. Ricky Steamboat/Shane Douglas - Clash? 1993
w/Brian Pillman vs. Ricky Steamboat/Shane Douglas - Worldwide 1993
vs. Ricky Steamboat - ?/?/94
vs. Savio Vega - IYH Beware of Dog 1996
vs. Marc Mero - King of the Ring 1996
vs. Bret Hart - Survivor Series 1996
vs. Mankind - Raw 11/17/96
vs. Vader - Raw 12/16/96
vs. Vader vs. Undertaker vs. Bret Hart - IYH Final Four 1997
vs. Bret Hart - Wrestlemania 13
vs. Bret Hart - IYH Revenge of Taker 1997
vs. Undertaker - IYH Cold Day in Hell 1997
w/Shawn Michaels vs. Owen Hart/Davey Boy Smith - Raw 5/26/97
vs. Shawn Michaels - King of the Ring 1997
w/Goldust/Shamrock/LOD vs. Hart Foundation - Canadian Stampede 1997
vs. Owen Hart - Summerslam 1997
vs. Dude Love - Unforgiven 1998
vs. Dude Love - Over The Edge 1998
vs. Undertaker - Summerslam 1998
vs. The Rock - Backlash 1999
vs. Chris Benoit - Raw 11/20/00
vs. Kurt Angle - Raw 1/8/01
vs. Triple H - No Way Out 2001
vs. The Rock - Wrestlemania 17
w/Triple H vs. Chris Benoit/Chris Jericho - Raw 5/21/01
vs. Chris Benoit - Raw 5/28/01
vs. Chris Benoit - Smackdown 5/31/01
vs. Kurt Angle - Summerslam 2001
vs. Booker T - Smackdown 1/24/02

Quote:
A gimmick has taken Crybaby Williams this far. Now it is time for it to be squashed.
What the hell does THAT mean?

Quote:
Flair was great. Williams was mediocre with a gimmick.
Why are you referring to Austin by his real name? Austin was far from "mediocre."

Quote:
I like Stone Cold, but it's true, he did ride a gimmick his whole career
No he didn't. Did you miss Austin's entire WCW run?

Quote:
while Flair has maintained his greatness throughout his entire career...
Flair stopped being "great" over a decade ago, so that's untrue.

Last edited by Kawada Mark; 03 Apr 2004 at 01:16 AM.
Old 03 Apr 2004, 10:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

^need a better argument......

Stunning Steve, Stone Cold, the Rattlesnake.....whatever.....

he quit on the WWF......he quit on his fans.....he quit on the sports entertainment world that is pro wrestling.....that should nullify many of the good things.....and it doesn't bring anything from his "personal" life into it......SCSA was/is a great entertainer.....but when he didn't like the direction his career was going, he went home.....he walked out.....

let's compare your list with.....

Ric Flair vs. Sting......anytime....
Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat.....anytime....
Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan....
Ric Flair (and Evolution) vs Foley and the Rock.....WMXX.....Flair/Rock stole the show
Ric Flair vs. HHH on Raw for the world title.....
Ric Flair vs. Harley Race......anytime.....
Ric Flair vs. Buddy Rose.....battle of the Nature Boys.....
Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk.....

that list could really go on a while.....and those aren't just his best matches.....but they are good.....I don't need to put dates and times.....they would be good today, they were good then and they would have been good a century ago.....

Ric Flair has been a heel so long he's now a face.....while being a heel.....read my dang sig.....and I couldn't stand Ric Flair for a long time.....but this is about respect.....Flair has earned the respect of the fans.....when he retires it will be a very emotional thing.....years after Flair is gone, people will still wish Ric Flair was still wrestling.....they will still chant WOOOOOOOOOO!!! when chops are flying in the ring.....

years after Stone Cold is gone, there will still be a redneck beer swiller in the ring......just using a different name......you see, Stone Cold had the charisma and the gimmick fit him.....but it could have just as easily fit someone else.....yes, he was an above average wrestler who has given a lot to the wrestling business.....yes, he has had some decent matches.....heck, he's had some **** matches.....but you can count his **** matches on one hand.....a lot of wrestling fans would have to remove their shoes to count the ***** star matches of Ric Flair......notice, that was 5 stars and not 4......

What's that, you say?.....catchphrases?......WHAT?.....

okay, Stone Cold has a lot of catchphrases that the crowd repeats.....What, that's the bottom line, Austin 3:16.....so, during one of his rants the crowd will chant what he says.....

ever seen Ric Flair give an interview?.....just as good with the mic.....acting like a crackhead, going nuts.....blowing his pacemaker.....Stylin and Profilin.....Jet flyin, Limousine ridin.....the sign of the IV.....

oh yeah, I almost forgot.....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!......now, why would I put that word (phrase) down?.....simply because in every wrestling match across the United States of America and some in Canada (I can't speak for other countries, but I imagine it is the same) anytime a chop is thrown, from any wrestler, the crowd throws out a WOOOOOOOO!!!!.....WHAT?.....I say the crowd throws out a WOOOOOO!!!.....the only place Stone Cold Steve Austin's chants get thrown out by a crowd is at a WWE event.....go back a few years, when WCW was still in effect.....WWF crowds were chanting WOOOOOOO!!!!!.....nobody in WCW was saying That's the Bottom Line.....

Ric Flair transcends wrestling.....he's been it all, and done it all.....Austin has lived a dream for about eight years......my dad knows who Ric Flair is.....and I guarantee you he doesn't have a clue who Steve Austin is.....

Quote:
Flair stopped being "great" over a decade ago, so that's untrue.
Freddie Blassie stopped being great in the 1960's.....wrestling fans still cried when they saw his tv commercials.....but that's not the point.....as short of a time period as one year ago, Flair and HHH put on an outstanding match for the World Title.....Austin's last great match?.....one year ago.....you see, your (weak) argument has made me angry......bring something better than that.....

I'm in no mood to argue today, so better yet.....don't bring anything at all.....except that's what you already did.....

in the end, Stone Cold Steve Austin was a great wrestler.....but he was also a quitter....and in the end, Ric Flair is far greater than Steve Austin.....and that's the bottom line, because OEO said so......

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!......

sidenote: Shane, I got nothing but respect for you man, and we like a lot of the same wrestlers and wrestling style.....so don't take this personally.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Old 03 Apr 2004, 01:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

oh yeah, I forgot to add......

I still don't really like Ric Flair, and Sting vs. HBK should've been the final.....one franchise's foundation vs. the other franchise player.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Old 03 Apr 2004, 06:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Everyone knew I was going to mention RFS. Ric Flair has it, heck it was named after him. Austin has a much more severe case because despite his neck and leg injuries he still comes out and takes up time. Flair at least wrestles and on occasion can have an adequate tag team match to this day. OEO has pointed out anything else I can say.