ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Quarterfinals: Chris Jericho vs. Randy Savage
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Chris Jericho 5 38.46%
Randy Savage 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Mar 2004, 10:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Quarterfinals: Chris Jericho vs. Randy Savage

this is an interesting matchup with guys that have accomplished a lot in the wrestling business...last round Jericho put out the popular Curt Henning by a slim margin while Savage found some extra votes to put Mick Foley on the shelf for good...now these two battle to see who gets to go on, and who goes home.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 10:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

This is pretty easy, Savage got this by a decent amount. While Jericho is one of my favorites, He isn't consistant enough in his career to be a greater wrestler then Savage, who stayed consistant all the way to the end of WCW in how good he wrestled. Not to mention Randy Savage has done more and made a much larger impact on the sport of wrestling then Jericho has. Randy Savage was a better world champion, one of if not the best IC champion. His promo's were second to none, his ring psychology was even better then Jake Roberts, his storytelling is by far supperoir then Jerichos.

And then think about it . Randy Savage made Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warroir have the best match's of their careers. Not to mention every fued he had was classic, every match he had was a keeper.

Jericho right now is suffering in his career, and most likly will never be on top again. Savage at Jericho's age was the number one man in the company. The number guy in wrestling in was making Ric Flair look even better then he was in his epic fued in 92' Savage went on four 8 more years as a legend and an Icon. Jericho will never be able to accomplish or surpass Savage, and this truly is an example of Savage being just a greater wrestler and asset to the wrestling world.

Old 23 Mar 2004, 11:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Jericho has done so much and i like to watch him wrestle, Savage was great in WWE, then the move to WCW was good for the character at least the madness character, but he NWO turn seemed to make me sour on him...overall I it's hard to judge, Jericho was given the shot as the main eventer, but politics, the time, whatever kept us from really seeing if he was going to be for real...so I have to give that to Savage...but the comment Dre made about IC champ, yes i think Savage was a good one, but that means we are judging mid card level talent, and Y2J definitely can carry the ball there...so it makes it tough to pick in this one, something i am having a tough time doing in all the brackets, obviously i have picked my winner of the tourney already, but the people that make the semis is going to be really hard.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 06:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Since Jericho was the "undisputed champion" he has been inconsistant as well as losing the greatness he had. I believe that Jericho will suffer from RFS when he comes of that age.
Savage always gave it everything he had. He did not catch Ric Flair Syndrome yet through his commentary, he still contributed.

I say this while eating a slim Jim so my vote is revealed.
Old 24 Mar 2004, 06:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

^^^This guy is a class act lol....

Old 24 Mar 2004, 09:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
-X-

-X- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to -X-

so hard to choose, i picked jericho to win this thing (i think), but like a lot of us, randy savage made me become a wrestling fan when i was a kid .... so i have to go with the macho man

syco13
Old 26 Mar 2004, 04:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

I'm still hoping I get to argue about a Savage matchup.....this still isn't it.....

the Macho Man gets my vote here.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.