ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 3: Buddy Rogers vs. Ric Flair
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Buddy Rogers 2 20.00%
Ric Flair 8 80.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Mar 2004, 09:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 3: Buddy Rogers vs. Ric Flair

well well, Dre here's one of the matchups you have been waiting for...The Battle of the Nature Boys (and no this wasn't setup like this, the bracket was randomly done, in fact i didn't even pay attention that these two were in the same bracket to Dre mentioned something last round about the possiblity of these two squaring off)..Rogers so far in the tourney used a low scoring round 1 to edge out WIlliam Regal, then got the extra vote he needed to pass Kerry Von Erich..Flair put up 17 votes on both Jacque Rougaeu and Booker T, while allowing his oppnents to score as many votes as the round they were competing in...SO in this most awaited matchup who gets the honor of going to the sweet 16?
Old 08 Mar 2004, 12:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Rogers is my vote. No one can say that Flair is better then Rogers with a straight face knowing that Flair is Rogers. Only difference is that Flair styled and profiled, but that was long after Rogers had already set the Foundation for the Nature Boy. Rogers is one of the greatest heels of all time. And Rogers did it long before Flair was even mentioned.

Rogers was able to grow heat by himself. Flair in NWA had the Horsemen in part to capture heat, in WWF he had Heenan and Hennig to help with heat. When he went back to WCW he had the horsemen again to get pops. Rogers is the master of the figure four. Flair used it after he emulated the Nature Boy gimmick. Rogers is the first man ever to hold both NWA and WWF titles. Years later Flair would be the second man, but Rogers was the first. Rogers Was the first ever WWWF World Champion; and Flair was just one of many. Rogers was able to work a crowd like no other, and Flair seemed to always have associates at his side to help him draw out such heat. Rogers later in his career was the menture and manager of what was known as the promonent future of wrestling when he managed Snuka and Gene Anderson, Flair did it years later with the same idea, but called it Evolution. Flair is one of the greatest of all time. Rogers is one of the greatest of all time. However when it comes down to something like this you must pick the original, exspecially if he had the same impact on wrestling as the student, if not more......

Old 08 Mar 2004, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.

See Dre I understand your points, but Flair, didn't need the horsemen to put on great matches, such classic battles with Sting, when Anderson and Blanchard weren't around, the whole Hogan battle in WCW(although Hogan sucks) and the matches with Steamboat, look at the DVD, the horsemen weren't out there...Wrestling wise i give credit to both men, but Flair dominated in the old territories and was a hot commodity around the Nation when that fad starting dying out..I told myself coming in that i was voting for Flair, cause i was picking him to win the whole thing, whether or not he does is obviously up to the voters..but like i said i respect your opinions Dre, and i do understand your reasoning, as far as the Nature Boy gimmick i give it to Buddy Landell...LMAO just playin folk...But seriously i give Buddy Rogers his props, but I don't think he is going to get past Flair just based on the voters that didn't give Rogers more than 5 votes in the first 2 rounds..Rogers was a great champ and terrific wrestler in his era...but Flair is still going, and yeah he doesn't look in shape, but when did he ever..I mean he is the 16 time world champ, the Rumble victory in WWE when that was pretty much unheard of to go the hour and win the thing..And just the whole aspect of being part of the greatest faction ever the horsemen was enough to help put on top of a resume that now includes WWE tag Champion. Feel free to respond
Old 08 Mar 2004, 12:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

16 time champ, but how many of those reigns meant a dime? about 6 or 7 at best. But I see what your saying in your point, it does come down to a matter of opinion, and I know that people around don't want to except the fact that just about everything that Flair has done in his career was previously done by another man. A man that many have never seened wrestle. However the legacy speaks for itslef. I have seen about 3 times more Flair match's then I have of Rogers. However knowing what I know about both men, I couldn't vote against the greatest heel in wrestling ever. I just like to vote for the first. Tiger Mask v. Misawa......Tiger Mask I, Nature Boy v. Ric Flair........Nature Boy I. Thats just how I view it, but it will be interesting to see if anyone votes Rogers besides me....

Last edited by Dre; 08 Mar 2004 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08 Mar 2004, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

I understand about voting for the first one, i do think that a lot about Flair is a copy of Rogers, i mean but some of the other stuff Flair does isn't.. anyway i would have voted for Rogers if he wasn't in this matchup..
Old 08 Mar 2004, 04:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I would vote for flair but he just doesn't know when to quit
Old 08 Mar 2004, 05:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Neil #1 Fighter is on a distinguished road

i said ric flair, because he is the best there was