ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 3: Dean Malenko vs. Jushin Liger
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Dean Malenko 10 83.33%
Jushin Liger 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Mar 2004, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 3: Dean Malenko vs. Jushin Liger

Two crusierweights get the chance to battle in the weekend matchup...Malenko put out one japanese star in the great sasuke, while squeezing by superstar graham in the second round...Liger had a close match with Michinoku before shutting down xpac in the second round..he will now advance to the sweet 16?
Old 06 Mar 2004, 02:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

A great and tough match up. Here you have two of the greatest international superstars. Both with tremendous abilty inside of the ring. Their wrestling is so great it speaks for it self. In a wolrd where gimmicks where a must, these two's gimmicks unfolded in the ring. Malenko to me is gold, I will continue to say it too. Because the man was imo the best wrestler in the later years of my life. Malenko is a wrestler who can wrestle all five styles of wrestling and not look out of place for even a minute. Ligar the same to an extent. But I look at Dean and I think that Globally Dean my be the better wrestler. And I say that knowing that Liger's resume is ill in itself. However the one thing that I remember about Liger is that he is a great Cruiserweght. Quite possiably the best ever. And then I think about how Dean may not have been better then him as a cruiserweight. But Dean was about 2 times better then Liger as a heavyweight. While Liger has many credits to his name he doesn't have anything that says heavyweight in his stock pile. Dean on the other hand has many things he has done not only as a Cruiserweight but as a Heavyweight also. Now if this was simple and Dean only wrestled one style then I might have a difference in opinion, but that isn't the case and While is good at one side of wrestling, Malenko is good at both and always displayed it will. When he was the Shooter he was on top of his game. As the IceMan he showed that he wasn't gonna be anywhere near a shadow of his fathers, and the man could make jus about anyone look good. I cite you to Lash Louroux lol.

Malenko gets this one, but this is diffenently the hardest guy for me to vote against when it came to Dean so far. Cause Liger to me is also one of the greatest ever

Old 06 Mar 2004, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

tough one. Malinko
Old 07 Mar 2004, 12:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

JIMBO is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JIMBO

how can it be a tough one for someone who hadn't heard of Liger untill he read Dre's post?

Btw, Dre, Malenko was never in the heavyweight division, unless you call random odd matches being in the heavyweight division. Malenko was, is, and always will be a junior.

Liger = best junior, ever.

Malenko = very solid wrestlers, but no where near the best.
Old 07 Mar 2004, 02:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dre

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBO
how can it be a tough one for someone who hadn't heard of Liger untill he read Dre's post?

Btw, Dre, Malenko was never in the heavyweight division, unless you call random odd matches being in the heavyweight division. Malenko was, is, and always will be a junior.

Liger = best junior, ever.

Malenko = very solid wrestlers, but no where near the best.

O, I'm sorry Jimbo, I just asummed when Malenko was the Wolrd Heavyweight Television Champion and the World Heavyweight Tag team champion in ECW on several occasions that he was wrestling as a heavyweight, since he ws holding a heavyweight title, and wrestling Heavyweights. I also assumed then that he was a Heavyweight when he was the US Champion in WCW and was defending his title against Heavyweights the same with WCW World Tag champ.

But hey what do I know lol..............

Malenko is both a Heavyweight and Cruiserweight wrestler. Something Liger can not say like I said before. Liger doesn't have one title that reads Heavyweight on his resume. Malenko has four. I think its pretty safe to say what I said earlier ya dig..................

Old 07 Mar 2004, 05:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Noob

Okay, if you want to get picky....

First of all, those werne't the Heavyweight belts in ECW because there were no heavyweight/cruiserweight belts in ECW, period. And whom may I ask, was that big of a guy that he wrestle seriously for that TV title anyway? Nobody was.

Secondly, just because you wrestle a heavyweight now and then, doesn't make you a heavyweight wrestler. Rey Mysterio has wrestled Brock Lesnar a couple of times, but you wouldn't consider him a heavyweight wresetler, would you?
Old 07 Mar 2004, 06:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dre

If you want to get picky, anything in wrestling that isn't label Cruiserweight, Light HeavyWeight, Jr Weight or Middle Heavyweight. Automatically makes it a heavyweight title. Rey Myterio is a wrestler who wrestled the occasional heavyweight. Malenko was a Heavyweight champion. Its that simple. If nothing more then in WCW, but in ECW he was wrestling Heavyweight competitors as well. I don't care what you want to believe the man was able to wrestle more then the occasional Heavyweight match. Same with Eddy and same with Benoit and Jericho while were on this subject..........

Old 07 Mar 2004, 06:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Young Noob

okay, whatever, he's a heavyweight and a cruiserweight

...........Liger is still better.
Old 07 Mar 2004, 06:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dre

Did you read my first post I even said Liger was the better cruiserweight lol, Your not telling me something I don't already know

Old 07 Mar 2004, 06:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Young Noob

I know, but Liger is a better wrestler than Stink-o-Malenko overall anyway-- heavyweight and cruiserweight.

Titles mean nothing when it comes to who is the BETTER WRESTLER. Now, as for more SUCCESSFUL wrestler, you could be right, but that's still debateble.
Old 07 Mar 2004, 06:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dre

Thats where i disagree. The more successful wrestler is Liger, the better wrestler is Malenko. That isn't even a question. Stink-o-Malenko huh. One of those peeps

Old 08 Mar 2004, 03:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

I've only seen and Heard a Little bit of Liger, But Have watched Malenko perform. So Despite all i have heard about Liger, The choice is Clear, i Voted For Malenko.