ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 3: Harley Race vs. Kurt Angle
View Poll Results: GWOAT Round 3: Harley Race vs. Kurt Angle
Harley Race 6 31.58%
Kurt Angle 13 68.42%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Mar 2004, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 3: Harley Race vs. Kurt Angle

Race the former NWA champ and then King in WWE got by Ron garvin as only one of three men to win by shutout in the first round..Race then beat the snot out of Paul Orndoff to advance...Angle a great olympic wrestler, but i think you should have to look to his accomplishments inside the squared circle, since the tourney is suppose to be about Pro Wrasslin..Angle took out Dlo Brown before getting the victory against the Dynamite Kid in the 2nd round..Now these two former champs meet to see who moves on to the sweet 16.
Old 04 Mar 2004, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

This is a tough one, I feel i should vote for Harley, yet Angle has done so much in such little time with the WWE. Yet i am on a different mission. My vote will be decided later.
Old 04 Mar 2004, 01:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I want the people who vote for Kurt angle to be man enough and post way they voted for him. I personally don't think this is remotly a hard one. Harley Race wins this from about a mile. Race is a legend and has had some triumphit match's along the way. His fueds with the Funks, Flair, Rhodes and countless others over the NWA title and just in the NWA alone say why this guy is one of the greatest. Many people say HHH is trying to be Ric Flair. I think he is more on the same path as Harley Race. Race was great in and out of the ring, and he brought the heat and the hordkore aspect to wrestling while he was at it. 7 or 8 time World champion and a man who has had over 20 years of great match's. Not to mention what he did in wrestling after he retired from the ring. And managed Lugar and Vader on different occasions to the WCW World title.

Then you take Kurt Angle. He is good. He is one of the best in the WWE today. He is one of the WWE's biggest stars. But LEGEND...lol okay He isn't a greater wrestler then Harley Race. Not at this point in his career. At the rate Kurt is going he won't even reach the 10 year mark in sports entertainment. Kurt needs to wrestle at least another 4 years...ya know around the 10 year mark in his career before, I can even say he is one of the greatest of all time.

Old 04 Mar 2004, 05:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Well Dre knows best.....

I haven't seen a Harley Race match but he must be pretty damn good for Dre's Standards, Unless of course Dre was High when he typed all that up.....
Old 04 Mar 2004, 01:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Kurt Angle is an unbelievable wrestler. The likes of which we may never see again. A guy who came up and worked programs with nearly every member of the roster and made them all look good, and he did it all right off the starting line. He didn't need 10 years of working in gyms, or working his way up the ranks, he is a wrestling prodigy. Race was fine, in his time, but he's not anywhere near the league of wrestling talent that Kurt Angle is. It doesn't matter if Kurt never wrestles again, he'd still be better than almost every single wrestler before him. If Kurt Angle died a year ago at WM, then he'd be enshrined as the most talented wrestler to ever have his legendary career cut short. Angle may very well be the greatest wrestler of all time.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 04 Mar 2004, 05:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

i went with Kurt. hes a great wrestler, and funny on the mic
Old 04 Mar 2004, 05:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Harley Race had some classic matches, and is undoubtably a more influential wrestler.
HOWEVER I went with Kurt, he is an amazing athlete. Outstanding in the ring and on the mic. Everytime he steps into that ring he brings 100%. Even with sever debilitating injuries he still steps up and delivers a match better than most could dream about.

He worked his way up the ladder, leaving a trail of excellent matches and killer promos behind him.

Kurt Angle is an OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST, this should definately hold some sway over the decisions made here. That Gold medal says a lot, it says that at least for 4 yrs, Kurt Angle was the best in the world....

I don't want to take anything away from Harley, but for me...this was a no-brainer

Old 05 Mar 2004, 05:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

I haven't seen a Harley Race match before and my satalite TV is messing up so i can't watch classic wrestling so just because i'm here now and not then i'm gonna vote for Kurt Angle.

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>
<option>StarScream (x2)</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Old 05 Mar 2004, 07:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

I've seen some little clips of Harley Race and i thought that Kurt was just better.