ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 3: Mark Callaway vs. Chris Jericho
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Mark Callaway 6 28.57%
Chris Jericho 15 71.43%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Mar 2004, 12:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 3: Mark Callaway vs. Chris Jericho

the taker gimmick so far has gotten mean mark to the 3rd round with victories over super crazy and dare I say it Chris Beniot...Jericho has bee just as dominate taking out King Kong Bundy and Bob Backlund.
Old 01 Mar 2004, 12:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I vote Y2J... he has superior skills to anything Taker has even thought about...

I still want a re-vote on Benoit VS taker
Old 01 Mar 2004, 12:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

You said it right there DC. The Taker gimmick has gotten Marc Calloway this far. Now the Taker gimmick didn't need to sell moves in any of his match's for about 9 years. Nine years of no selling, 9 years of no mic. Taker was good because he had height and presence and people took that along with the gimmick and ate it up. That was all Taker needed. He then later showed he was some type of "badass" and could throw in a triangle choke. Props to him for that, but then lets look at Marc Calloway and not just the Undertaker. If you want to see wresling match's at there worse, go and rent some USWA tapes of Marc Calloway.The Punisher i promisse you will give you all the pain you need to see that this man wasn't so good. And from the 3 match's that I have seen of Calloway as Texas Red, I must say that he wasn't so hot then either. Then in WCW he was one of the skyscrappers, when Sid went out. He didn't progress, but he then made it big as Taker. Now to me that story diserves him a spot in round 2. However It doesn't compare to the career of Chris Jericho and the accomplishments that he has earned over the years, and the fact that he is just better inside and outside of the ring over someone like Calloway.

Old 01 Mar 2004, 07:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

this was kinda hard because both are pretty good but Y2J has more skills then taker so he gets my vote.
Old 01 Mar 2004, 02:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Y2J is one of the best ever, and someone that can't be dismissed because he doesn't have 30 year legacy. The man is talented beyond belief. And nobody can say he's not as good a worker in the ring as he is outside.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 01 Mar 2004, 02:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.

Jericho was the first undisputed champ something taker would be hard pressed at saying..Jericho is more athletic in the ring than taker and has more skills..Callaway is great don't get me wrong, but like many said beniot should be in this instead of him..it was a gimmick that got him here, nothing wrong with that, but could the gimmick wrestle, no it was just a persona..if you based it on the moves he did with the gimmick fine, but rolling the eyes into the back of his head doesn't make him the greatest ever..jericho gets my vote.
Old 01 Mar 2004, 03:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
-X-

-X- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to -X-

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
Y2J is one of the best ever
i think thats really all that needs to be said ...... calloways taker GIMMICK is one of the best ever, but jericho is just plain great .. his gimmick, mic skills, in ring work, whatever else ... hes just great ... as far as im concerned, he is the absolute best in the business right now....

i vote calloway ...... kidding

syco13
Old 01 Mar 2004, 03:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

Neil #1 Fighter is on a distinguished road

Y2J got my vote
Old 01 Mar 2004, 03:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pride Of Canada
Y2J got my vote
that's cause you are canadian
Old 01 Mar 2004, 05:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Taker didn't need mic skills. That's why he had Paul Bearer. Callaway was (and still is) a wrestler, say it with me now "wrestler" (I don't see enough of them anymore). Who had a manager for such purposes
Old 01 Mar 2004, 06:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Comment
Taker didn't need mic skills. That's why he had Paul Bearer. Callaway was (and still is) a wrestler, say it with me now "wrestler" (I don't see enough of them anymore). Who had a manager for such purposes
i at least agree with the statement about the manager.
Old 01 Mar 2004, 06:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

Taker is more of a gimmick than a wrestler, he is a great wrestler but I think Y2J is much better, he has got better mic skills and is very talented, so Jericho gets my vote
Old 01 Mar 2004, 08:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

gimmick VS. wrestling skills

i went with the wrestling skills, Y2J
Old 02 Mar 2004, 06:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

I think it's all been said... Taker is gimmick, Y2J is pure wrestling gold. Y2J.
Old 02 Mar 2004, 10:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

Callaway's moves are very limited, he just hits ya with side slams, punches and maybe a big boot. Y2J has a wide range of moves he uses in his matches and simply the better wrestler and as everyone else just said Callaway is just good at gimmick, Y2J is an all rounder, good at gimmicks and good in the ring.

Edit - Teacher almost bust me,lol

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>
<option>StarScream (x2)</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>

Last edited by Sly as hell; 02 Mar 2004 at 11:02 AM.