ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 3: Hulk Hogan vs. Bruno Sammartino
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Hulk Hogan 5 29.41%
Bruno Sammartino 12 70.59%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Feb 2004, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 3: Hulk Hogan vs. Bruno Sammartino

Well Round 3 is underway i am giving you a little more time to vote and think about who you want to move on, since there may be some thinking in this round. Also it gives people the chance who might not have been on a day or two to vote in the contest..so here is the first bracket for round 3...32 wrestlers remain and these two are possibly two of the biggest names of their eras..look through the old polls to find out about these guys if you need help, but Hogan defeated the big bossman, then barely got by scott hall to get here...Sammartino edged out Roddy Piper before taking an easier win against lance storm...who moves on to the sweet 16?
Old 29 Feb 2004, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

I think Hulk was a better wrestler.
Old 29 Feb 2004, 08:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.

you realize that sammartino held the title longer than hogan? and had more moves as well
Old 29 Feb 2004, 08:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

I went with Bruno, he was a good wrestler and held the title for 10+ years, Hogan is good but I think Bruno was better
Old 29 Feb 2004, 09:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Since this isn't who is the all time popular wrestler, this is pretty easy to eliminate Hogan in this round to a man who I said could very well win it all. Hogan did a lot for WWF in his hay day. And a lot of respect is diserved for that. Hogan knew how to play the crowd, and his mic skills were normal. His in ring ability was decent for a man who was built as immortal. And he was a turning point in wrestling when he made his jump from AWA to WWF. However Samartino was just a better wrestler, and better champion and a better athlete, and truly one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, if not the greatest. Thesz v. Samartino is how this should be in the finals. Because that is truly the ultimate challenge to pick between those two, who people all the time claim are the greatest. Samartino gets my vote in this round....

Old 29 Feb 2004, 10:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

i have to go for Bruno, just overall better skills in the ring than hogan...don't get me wrong i liked hogan but wrestling wise bruno was better in his day.
Old 01 Mar 2004, 01:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I'm voting for Hogan. It's political. and holding the belt for 10 years doesn't mean you're the greatest, because HHH is on his way to breaking that record.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 01 Mar 2004, 02:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
-X-

-X- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to -X-

i never saw anything sammartino did, but i'll give him a mark vote, just because i dont like hogan....

syco13
Old 01 Mar 2004, 02:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Neil #1 Fighter is on a distinguished road

I went with hogan,he was good in his day.
Old 01 Mar 2004, 05:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
you realize that sammartino held the title longer than hogan? and had more moves as well
any one who can do more than
1. punch
2. flex
3. a piledriver
4. bodyslam
5. flex again
6. a leg drop
7. get his ears checked
8. flex for the third time
9. on rare occasions a bearhug

has more moves than Hogan
Old 02 Mar 2004, 05:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

^you forgot his lousy big boot...

IMO, if this was based on pure wrestling... Hogan shouldn't have gotten past the second round.

BRUNO.
Old 02 Mar 2004, 09:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

I voted Bruno, but he gets it by a hair. Just because Bruno had the title for 10 years doesn't mean hes all that, like XDS said earlier, but i still think wrestling wise, hes the best.

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>
<option>StarScream (x2)</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Old 02 Mar 2004, 09:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

But Bruno's 10 years did make him one of the greatest...He had so many important and legendary battles...that seem to have been forgotten..(see my post in general)..So I easily went for Bruno in this one..