ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 2: Shawn Michaels vs. Sting
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Shawn Michaels 10 55.56%
Sting 8 44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Feb 2004, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 2: Shawn Michaels vs. Sting

A matchup many people never got to see in real life..both these men won their company's World title on several occasions..Both carried their companies when no one else was there to do it..so which one is good enough to go over the other one in this round?
Old 22 Feb 2004, 09:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Sting.....

Old 22 Feb 2004, 09:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

I have to be loyal to my NWA/WCW roots in this one..Sting
Old 22 Feb 2004, 10:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

HBK......better matches than Sting had, and even now when he's past his prime, is still leaps and bounds ahead of Sting nowadays, when HE'S past his prime. Shawn Michaels is definetly my fave out of these two Jesus lovers.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 23 Feb 2004, 06:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

this is hard but i like HBK more and he was a better wrestler then sting..so HBK gets my vote..
Old 23 Feb 2004, 02:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Tough one. I like both, they both were great gimmick-wise and in ring, but I grew up WWE, and didn't get into Sting that deeply til the NWO fued. HBK.
Old 23 Feb 2004, 04:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

i happen to like sting for some reason, ive never even seen him wrestle :S

but i have to go with HBK
Old 23 Feb 2004, 05:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

hbk. But it's a hard choice. I have a lot of good memories of both. I think Micheals is the better wrestler though. And I never liked the crow facepaint, so that's enough reason for me.

Now, I want to see oeo's post on this one.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 23 Feb 2004, 05:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

HBK... Sting isn't HBK... I like Sting... but he is no HBK....
Old 23 Feb 2004, 07:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Here's a political plan for the tournament. If your pick doesn't win claim Ralph Nader took the votes
Old 24 Feb 2004, 02:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDS
Now, I want to see oeo's post on this one.
man.....what kind of crap is this that I have to pick between these two?.....

I am a fan of both of these wrestlers, and it has to do with a lot more than just wrestling.....but I'll stick to the wrestling side of it.....(maybe).....I'll also not mention anything to do with backstage politics, because that shouldn't make one whit of difference in how someone votes for the greatest Pro Wrestler of all time.....

Steve Borden, aka Sting, began his career as a fan favorite and still is a fan favorite.....he's been a face longer than possibly anyone in the history of wrestling, and he's still able to sell that fact today.....Sting was the foundation of a wrestling organization that badly needed someone to stick around.....during the WCW/WWF wars that went on, many wrestlers would go from one promotion to the other in a search for more money, more fame and different storylines.....and this was not related strictly to the NWO days as it went on for years before that.....Flair, LOD, Arn Anderson, Ricky Steamboat, Lex Luger (to name a few) all jumped ship at one time or another to the WWF.....Sting stayed on....

Sting was the driving force in the late 80's and early '90's against the greatest stable of all time, the IV Horsemen.....he would team against them, take them all on at once, win some and lose some.....He was the epitome of kayfabe as your heart would fall when he lost, and leap for joy when he won.....a classic "good guy" in the world of wrestling, Sting would always befriend those in need.....

Then, the WCW/WWF wars were soon to turn the sports entertainment world on its ear.....the nWo was about to be established, and Nash and Hall made the jump to WCW.....Sting's foundation label was about to be put to the test.....he handled it admirably, again with full kayfabe.....when the angle played that he declared himself a free agent, and he turned his back on the WCW, you knew it was only a matter of time before the legend that is Sting would surely pounce on the nWo and destroy them.....I would watch more with anticipation of the Stinger returning and destroying Hogan than anything else....and sure enough, when the time was right, he returned.....taking on the "Crow" character, and descending from the rafters to wreak havoc again on the "bad guys" of wrestling.....standing firm for the promotion which had given him so much over the course of the years, giving them a hero again.....

Sting was capable of wrestling guys twice his size (Vader, the Giant) and making it believable that a smaller man could win.....I didn't say put on ***** matches, I said made it believable that he could win.....he could work the slower pace, exposing few weaknesses and working the in-ring psychology needed for it to be a believable match.....and he did the job on more than one occasion.....

He was also capable of wrestling the power guys.....a very agile performer, he could make you believe that he was just as strong as the Lex Luger's of the world, because he would wear down the opponent with his moves and still have the stamina to compete.....credibility in his matches have long been a staple of Sting's in-ring ability.....he's not necessarily a high flyer, and you may never see him in a ladder match.....but he doesn't look out of place in any type of match against bigger opponents.....

Smaller opponents are the ones where I believe Sting shines the most.....he works very capably at a quicker pace, and allows the smaller man to dictate that pace so the smaller guy doesn't appear weak against him.....his technical in ring skills give him the ability to work many wrestling moves that others simply cannot, and he usually finishes off the smaller guys with the submission holds......

Sting's favorite opponent over the years (and the respect is seemingly mutual) is Ric Flair.....these two combined in the NWA and later the WCW to always put on a crowd pleasing match, and they worked very well together.....classic matches that always would be 3-5 star matches, and I would pay still yet to watch them one more time......WCW believed in these two so much that the very last match ever in the WCW was Sting vs Flair on Monday Nitro with Flair tapping out to the Scorpion Deathlock.....this wasn't the best match, because of the emotion of the evening, but if you consider yourself a wrestling fan you should sit down and watch it sometime.....

Sting still stands steadfast by his decision to not wrestle in the WWF, although it would mean a lucrative amount of money for him.....he has stayed true to his roots, and the foundation of the WCW is still wrestling (albeit not on a full time basis) in the NWA.....

(If I sounded like a Mark, I am.....like it or not.....I could go on and on about the Starrcade matches, the War Games, etc.....but I will not at this time)

Shawn Michaels, HBK, the Showstoppa, the Main Eventer.....never met a match he couldn't turn into a decent one.....from his days as a teenager in the AWA, teaming with Marty Janetty and taking on the Playboy, Buddy Rose.....worked as Janetty's tag partner originally as the Midnight Rockers, I believe.....he and his tag partner worked their way through and became superstars in the WWF.....Janetty's partying problems got in the way of a great career, and the Showstoppa was born.....at times a face, at times a heel, HBK has been to the WWF almost what Sting was to the WCW......he went to the WWF as the AWA was going out, and he stayed there.....even as the others were switching back and forth, he was the face of the WWF.....

Brilliant in ring skills, both technically and semi-lucha style, ability to be a high flyer and a brawler have made HBK one of the most revered performers in WWF/E history.....he works the storylines well, similarly to Sting as far as Kayfabe goes, and you wouldn't know that he is friends with some of his opponents if you didn't know anything about the business.....

HBK was the first grand slam winner of the belts in the WWF.....the only title he has never held (to my knowledge) is the Hardcore belt, but he has had many memorable hardcore type matches....the innovator of the ladder match, the IC champion.....the ability to be in cage matches.....one half of the Best IRON MAN MATCH IN HISTORY (I will not back down from that statement.....not today, not tomorrow, not ever.....it's the best ever) on the biggest stage against another great wrestler.....he has done it all, and left nothing to prove when injuries forced him out of the ring.....

Except, in 2002, Shawn Michaels decided it was time to give it one more shot.....could have been because his last match against Steve Austin wasn't very good, could have been because he just needed to say goodbye (all athletes go through that) on his own terms.....turns out, he could wrestle again.....and he could wrestle well....Survivor Series, he and HHH let it all hang out, and his return was triumphant.....

Great mic skills, terrific in-ring skills and the ability to play the game with anyone inside the ring have made Shawn Michaels' name one which will be remembered for a long, long time in the wrestling business.....some will bring up the backstage politics, some will bring up the fact that he still is in the main event picture.....doesn't matter......

pound for pound, move for move, mic skill for mic skill.....Shawn Michaels is the best Pro Wrestler of all time......

(do I sound like a mark yet?......good)

some will argue with me, and the names they will put forth are great.....but the end result is that this is a sports entertainment business......and HBK, the Showstoppa, the Main Eventer is the best SPORTS ENTERTAINER OF ALL TIME.....therefore, he is the best pro wrestler of all time.....when Shawn Michaels performs, he performs to the best of his ability for the fans of wrestling......when Sting performs, he performs to the best of his ability for the fans of wrestling......

I truly believe, with all that is in me, that Shawn Michaels and Sting would perform for free as long as the fans enjoyed it.....that, ladies and gentlemen, is why they are two of the greats.....that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I should curse DC for having put them against each other in the Second Round......

I went with my heart and voted for Sting (I was a Sting mark before an HBK mark, so I went with the longest running fan vote) but you should go with the best Pro Wrestler of all time in this round.....and the next......and the next.....YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR HBK.....

(hope that brings a smile to your face, Exo)

dang you, Dogcatcher.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 03:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^nicely done my friend. Quite the read as well.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 24 Feb 2004, 04:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

thank you Exo....unfortunately, I'm probably a little too late to make an impact.....not too many people will be reading it.....

*silently hopes for a tie*

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 04:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Well, I do have the power to tie things up

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!