ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 2: Jimmy Snuka vs. Raven
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Jimmy Snuka 7 50.00%
Raven 7 50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Feb 2004, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 2: Jimmy Snuka vs. Raven

Raven won easy in the first round and could be the dark horse of his bracket..Snuka was taken to the limit by David Von Erich, which one adavaces?
Old 21 Feb 2004, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Snuka should have never beatin David Von Erich. There is nothing great about Jimmy Snuka.......what he splashed of the cage and made history in a match that he didn't even win. And then what? Snuka really doesn't do it for me, I can't think of one match outside of the Muraco match that he has been in that made me think he was the greatest. Anyone who votes for Jimmy could you please cite a match that I myself could look at to also share your view of his greatness.

Now Raven, underated at times and other times meh. But even though I'm not a real fan of him, I do respect the work that he puts on when he is inside of the ring. He has no reason imo not to beat out the over-hyped Superfly......and so my vote goes to the man who cuts promos' like a pro............

Old 21 Feb 2004, 10:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

^Im gonna Agree...I never understood what Snuka did to be considered a legend...Shannon Moore can do a fucking Splash...is he in this...No...So I go with Raven..
Old 22 Feb 2004, 01:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

I don't know what either of them are doing here.

As Dre and The One pointed out, Snuka's overrated. He jumped off a cage and got smashed with a coconut, so.......that makes him a legend.

But Raven is far from a legend too. Raven cuts deep psychological promos that were on par with Jake Roberts, but he's got not much else going for him, IMO. Never really did. He's your typical hardcore wrestler..........he's got a good camera presence, but I don't know what he's doing in the second round of this tourney.

I vote for Snuka, only because he achieved legendary status, one way or another. I'm not sure how and for what.........but he did it.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 22 Feb 2004, 03:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

I had to go with Raven here, His Evenflow DDT was a thing of Beauty, Although he wasn't the greatest on the mic and in the ring he still edges out Snuka this time.....

Because Dre said so....
Old 22 Feb 2004, 04:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

I voted for Jimmy Snuka..
Old 22 Feb 2004, 06:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Snuka was a high flyer before there were high flyers. He went to the ropes more often than any other wrstler of his time. I voted for Superfly.
Old 23 Feb 2004, 02:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.

i like Snuka but i don't think he was that great of a wrestler, Raven is a little impressive, so i will give him the nod this round.
Old 23 Feb 2004, 03:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I hate Raven. I think he's a joke. Snuka is still a legend. And no, I can't really think of any matches. So I let someone else say some shit on snuka for me. And even though it's not very impresive, it's still better than raven.

Quote:
Superfly was a one of a kind WWF superstar. No one man has been able to steal the spotlight with his aerial moves the way Jimmy Snuka did. Despite never winning a WWF title, Snuka will always be one of the greatest competitors to ever step in the ring.

When Jimmy Snuka first arrived in the WWF he was not the fan favorite most people remember him as. Snuka came close to winning the WWF World Heavyweight Championship on many occasions. One classic confrontation between he and WWF World Champion Bob Backlund ended after Snuka dove down from the top of the steel cage and hit the canvas, just as Backlund rolled out of the way.

After Buddy Rogers made Snuka realize his manager, Captain Lou Albano, had been taking money from him Snuka turned into a fan favorite. He quickly became one of the most popular wrestlers in the WWF. Soon Snuka became involved in the feud that defined him as the phenom. Captain Lou's new main man was the Magnificent Muraco. Muraco was the WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Champion. Snuka zeroed in on the champion and the two met in a classic series of matches.

In October 1983 Snuka met Muraco inside a steel cage at Madison Square Garden. Minutes into the match both men were bloodied. Snuka hit Muraco with a headbutt, as the Magnifient One was sent through the ropes the door came open and Muraco was the winner. After realizing the title slipped through his fingers Snuka pulled Muraco into the steel cage and hit the Superfly Death Leap from the top of the cage. This feat became one of the greatest moments in WWF history.

Soon after his feud with Muraco ended Snuka engaged in another brutal feud, this time with Rowdy Roddy Piper. During an episode of the interview segment "Piper's Pit" Piper nailed Snuka with a coconut. When the two finally met in the ring Piper broke Snuka's neck after throwing him over the top rope and crashing down on his neck with a steel chair. The feud continued with Piper summoning Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorf and Snuka calling upon the Tonga Kid. Soon after the feud Snuka left the WWF.

At WrestleMania V Superfly Jimmy Snuka returned. During this stint in the WWF Superfly would not reach the level of success he had during the early 80's. But he still put on a good show. He had great matches with Macho King Randy Savage, Mr. Perfect, Dino Bravo and others.

By 1991 Snuka abandoned the high flying style that made him the phenom and even wore boots. At WrestleMania VII Snuka met the new phenom, the Undertaker. The Undertaker dismantled Snuka, finishing him off with the tombstone piledriver. Soon after this one sided loss Snuka was gone from the WWF.

In 1996 Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka was inducted into the WWF Hall Of Fame. Surprisingly the next night, at Madison Square Garden in the WWF Survivor Series, Snuka appeared as the mystery partner of Savio Vega, Yokozuna and Flash Funk. Snuka wowed the Garden crowd, some of which could remember the night, 13 years prior, when Snuka crashed down on the Magnificent Muraco.
credit this dude

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 23 Feb 2004, 08:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

well the votes are in and this one is a tie, so Raven and Snuka both move on to round 3