ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 2: Steve Austin vs. Ricky Steamboat
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Steve Austin 14 73.68%
Ricky Steamboat 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Feb 2004, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 2: Steve Austin vs. Ricky Steamboat

but men won pretty easy in the first round so who will win this contest between two guys that competed in wcw together.
Old 21 Feb 2004, 10:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Steamboat because he never broke his neck and became stale and painful to watch.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
Old 22 Feb 2004, 12:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Another one I had to think about........

To the fools and ignorant assclowns who either claim Austin sucks, Austin can't wrestle, Austin is a has-been.......blah blah blah......let me make something perfectly clear.

First of all, he CAN'T wrestle anymore..........that's why he retired and is now just a co-owner. Stop bitching about Austin hanging on "way too long". You think just because someone can't wrestle anymore, yet are the highest drawing and most-successful sports entertainer you've ever had in your company, you should just dispose of them? Throw them away like a piece of garbage? You're a fucking idiot.

Austin, regardless of ability, put on the some of the most memorable matches in WWE history. And he drew more money than anyone. That's a fact. Not opinion. Austin's matches, regardless of skill, were always full of emotion and drama and gave the fans their money's worth, which is something boring technical wizards with no storytelling ability could never ever do. Even after Summerslam '97, Austin's matches were still the most entertaining in the company. After Austin's year-long spinal surgury and his return in Fall 2000, his matches were STILL the most entertaining in the company. Hell, even Austin came back last year and had only one notable match, v. The Rock at Wrestlemania, it was far from being "painful to watch". In many people's opinions, it stole the show, and being in the audience that night, I don't really recall the fans being into a match as much as they were with Austin/Rock.

Quit bitching about Austin just because nowadays he drives an ATV and Stunners Bischoff.......fuck sakes, this proves how back-stabbing and fickle cold hearted wrestling fans are. It makes me sick sometimes.

Anyway, Steamboat was great by his own right, better ability-wise than Austin, but not even in his league in terms of drawing money and entertaining people. Steamboat gained most of his fame in the NWA, feuding with Ric Flair in a classic series of matches, and who can forget Wrestlemania 3 vs. Randy Savage.......maybe the best WWF match of all time.

But Ricky Steamboat was a wrestler......Steve Austin was, and still is, a phenomenon. Despite the fans' on this site's unfair criticism of him, Austin's always done more to help the buisness than hurt it, even while semi-paralyzed. Therefore, a Stone Cold salute to my pick in this one, Steve Austin.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 22 Feb 2004, 01:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_Tombstone_3
Steamboat because he never broke his neck and became stale and painful to watch.
It could be that I' drunk but this line made me laugh literally for almost a minute.

MM, I think I'll not take your advice and still complain that he talks to much. lol. Umm by your rant and using the year 97' shouldn't you be praising Bret Hart. If I didn't know any better I think you were saying Austin did everything on his own.

I vote Steve because though he does suck now, at one point I liked everything about him. It was around 99' that I realized he wasn't the same guy and it was around 97' when I started declining on my high regard of him and slowly he became the guy who talked just a little to much and undersold a little to much too.

Ricky is diffenently high up there imo, and he has had some classic match's and bouts however towards the end of his career his legacy was just dis-respected. Sucks because you watch him in NWA and his battles there and then you watch him in WWF and his great battles there, and then WCW and his good battles there and then back to WWF where he is the Gicko Lizard for crying out loud. The thing is Ricky every time he jumped ship further went back in his career, where Steve was able to make the transision and become even bigger then he was before. Where as Ricky keep falling from grace. Tuff one though but I had to go with who I thought had a small edge on everything.

Old 22 Feb 2004, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

I went with Stone Cold, because he has never disappointed me in a match or promo, he is always interesting to watch and I will keep on voting for him
Old 22 Feb 2004, 03:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

I went with Austin because he is my favourite wrestler..
Old 22 Feb 2004, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_Tombstone_3
I once again agree. I also want to mention that the Dragon is one of my all time favorite gimmicks
Old 22 Feb 2004, 06:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Silence is nothing.

Kurok is on a distinguished road

I've got to agree with everything Marbles and Dre mentioned, which IMO Austin wins by barley a wee pubic hair, but Steamboat still kicks ass anyway.

What about me? What about Kurok?
Old 22 Feb 2004, 08:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

went wtih the hell razor, SCSA
Old 22 Feb 2004, 10:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise
It could be that I' drunk but this line made me laugh literally for almost a minute.

MM, I think I'll not take your advice and still complain that he talks to much. lol. Umm by your rant and using the year 97' shouldn't you be praising Bret Hart. If I didn't know any better I think you were saying Austin did everything on his own.

I vote Steve because though he does suck now, at one point I liked everything about him. It was around 99' that I realized he wasn't the same guy and it was around 97' when I started declining on my high regard of him and slowly he became the guy who talked just a little to much and undersold a little to much too.
It wasn't a rant......it was me being honest and objective, which this site can never ever do. Seeing as how it's dominated by marks, biased pricks and fans who have only been watching since around 2002 or so, everyone loves to ignore Stone Cold's contributions or are just downright unaware of them to begin with.

Dre, I wasn't talking about '97 either. And you say you haven't liked Austin since '97, well whether or not Austin was as good as he was before his neck was broken or not, the fact remains he was still the most profitible star in the company's history, sans Hulk Hogan. His work was still great........he switched gears from being a technical wrestler to being a brawler/storyteller, but his matches were still great nonetheless. Even if his work was "shit" (which it wasn't) he broke his back, neck and knees to go out to that ring every week and every month at a PPV and work his ass off. And what kinda credit does he get for it nowadays? "He sucks." "He Can't wrestle". Uhhhhhh......NO SHIT. That's why he retired. He's not hanging on 15 years past his prime when he KNOWS he doesn't have it anymore, like Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage. Austin knew he wasn't performing at the par he would like the fans to see him at, so he quit. Also, since when the fuck do the fans on this site give a damn about WRESTLING? This is the same group of fans who watches Raw every week, but not for Benoit, HBK, Jericho, Christian, Orton, Foley or HHH. This is the same group who watches Raw every week just to see another goddamn Undertaker commercial. So why the fuck do they care if Austin wrestles anymore? Dissing Austin for no legit reason doesn't really piss me off........but hypocrisy and bias sure as hell does, in any facet.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 22 Feb 2004, 10:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Marbles
It wasn't a rant......it was me being honest and objective, which this site can never ever do. Seeing as how it's dominated by marks, biased pricks and fans who have only been watching since around 2002 or so, everyone loves to ignore Stone Cold's contributions or are just downright unaware of them to begin with.

Dre, I wasn't talking about '97 either. And you say you haven't liked Austin since '97, well whether or not Austin was as good as he was before his neck was broken or not, the fact remains he was still the most profitible star in the company's history, sans Hulk Hogan. His work was still great........he switched gears from being a technical wrestler to being a brawler/storyteller, but his matches were still great nonetheless. Even if his work was "shit" (which it wasn't) he broke his back, neck and knees to go out to that ring every week and every month at a PPV and work his ass off. And what kinda credit does he get for it nowadays? "He sucks." "He Can't wrestle". Uhhhhhh......NO SHIT. That's why he retired. He's not hanging on 15 years past his prime when he KNOWS he doesn't have it anymore, like Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage. Austin knew he wasn't performing at the par he would like the fans to see him at, so he quit. Also, since when the fuck do the fans on this site give a damn about WRESTLING? This is the same group of fans who watches Raw every week, but not for Benoit, HBK, Jericho, Christian, Orton, Foley or HHH. This is the same group who watches Raw every week just to see another goddamn Undertaker commercial. So why the fuck do they care if Austin wrestles anymore? Dissing Austin for no legit reason doesn't really piss me off........but hypocrisy and bias sure as hell does, in any facet.
Randy Savage? When the hell was he holding on to something, please don't cite the be a man Hulk, that has to do with a chirity event and sales of a cd? Hogan is the one who put on piss poor match's with Nash upon his return to the WWE. I said in 97 I started to decline in my opinion of him. It wasn't until 99' when I realized that he wasn't who I had originally liked and thus started lookin at him in a different manner. Hey I agree on several different things here. For one you can't mark for a video and then bitch about someone elses wrestling status. Taker is lamer then Austin in some ways but the people want to see the video and the rain in a closed roof building, lol.

WRESTLING is dieing bottom line. At the rate were going, so the match's will be simulated in some computer screen for everyone to read. The wrestlers won't even have to wrestle just cut long promos and be out.........

Old 22 Feb 2004, 10:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

now this is debate i like
Old 23 Feb 2004, 02:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Austin, and I'm not getting in this one.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!