ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 1: Scott Steiner vs. Rey Misterio Jr.
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Scott Steiner 4 22.22%
Rey Misterio Jr. 14 77.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Feb 2004, 12:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 1: Scott Steiner vs. Rey Misterio Jr.

Steiner who was actually a great and inovative wrestler at one time before becoming big papa pump, also a former wcw heavyweight champ taking on one of the world's best crusierweights rey misterio jr.
Old 14 Feb 2004, 12:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Steiner, no doubt, he has done more than most will ever do....
Old 14 Feb 2004, 08:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

well i voted for Rey because I really hate Stiener..and IMO rey has way more skills and is more enterntaining to watch..
Old 14 Feb 2004, 03:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Quiet you....

Johnny Canuck is on a distinguished road

Rey, for any number of reasons.

I never really dug Steiner even in his heyday. He always seemed a total snoozer of a character up until his nWo days....at which point his size prevented him from putting on a quality match.

Rey, on the otherhand is one of the best cruiserweights the American market has ever seen. His match vs. Eddie Guerrero in 97' got the ball rolling for his career, and he really hasn't let up since.
Old 14 Feb 2004, 04:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Scott Steiner......All American from Michigan, I believe.....he and his brother Rick made one of the most formidable tag teams for years, they were champions together in several feds (I'm just typing stuff from memory, so I won't have title histories).....Scotty was always the more innovative of the two.....a semi-flyer, very good mat technician.....I was at one time a huge Steiner mark.....faces throughout most of their tag career.....then Scotty split to become a contender in the World title picture in wCw, beating Goldberg for the belt in what many consider to be Goldberg's best match, proving that Steiner could indeed carry some good matches as a singles competitor......injuries and muscle mass have taken their toll, and the Scott Steiner we see today hardly resembles the Scott Steiner that was part of NWA/WCW as Sting's buddy.....

Rey Mysterio has done more for someone his size than anyone else in the history of wrestling.....hugely popular in Mexico, steeped in Lucha tradition.....he has had some classic matches in the past, very enjoyable to watch in the ring because of the fast pace of his style.....a miniature Scott Steiner almost, taking more risks because of his size......he has become addicted to a "spot" style of wrestling, relying upon crowd pops and less on his wrestling ability lately, imo.....still, a very good wrestler.....

most of you should know a lot about Mysterio, but if you are in any way on the fence about this one, Steiner deserves a lot of attention.....if it were a tag team tournament, the Steiner tag team would get my vote every time.....however, I go with Mysterio in a one on one comp......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Old 14 Feb 2004, 04:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

The choices: A high flying, entertaining little guy. and a steroid popping, over-hyped man for marks.

I'll take Mysterio
Old 14 Feb 2004, 05:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

Voted for Steiner
Old 14 Feb 2004, 07:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Scott went downhill after wCw folded, his battle w/ Hunter put me to sleep, I barley saw him when he was doing well in singles. Rey is amazing for a dude his size, and I love watching him improvise in midair. Scott bores me when he's solo, all he does is military presses, suplexes, and repeats the same promo like some jacked up parrot.
Old 14 Feb 2004, 08:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Steiner was the shit Early in his carrer.....Until he started steriods and became a "Genetic Freak"....So If Im judging by Right Now..I have to go with Misterio..
Old 14 Feb 2004, 09:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Neil #1 Fighter is on a distinguished road

i like rey i never did like scotty
Old 15 Feb 2004, 03:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

i dont like steiner, and rey's one of my favoriotes, go 619
Old 15 Feb 2004, 04:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Vicious Vixen

Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.Monica is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Monica Send a message via Yahoo to Monica

Rey Mysterio
Old 15 Feb 2004, 08:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Rey Rey

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 06:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Oh, this is sad. Scott had such a career going. He was doing great for so long, and imo, is still a hard worker who will do anything to stay with wwe. It's just that he's tarnished his legacy so much. If Steiner never came back to wwe, this might be a bit different poll.

but Rey is one of my favorite wrestlers. So agile and quick and the best spot machine there is. But he doesn't have to be. He can work a slower paced match. He's incredibly gifted. And the thing that really makes Rey great is, I could see him winning the championship. Someday, under the right circumstances, Rey could be the WWE Champion. the man is one of my favorites to watch and I always look forward to his matches. But of course, if Rey didn't come to WWE and remind everyone of who he is and what he does, he might just be the guy that lost his mask.

I guess it's just a matter of perspective. I would've voted for Rey though.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 17 Feb 2004, 06:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

^^^ I would have voted for Steiner, even though Rey is doing better in his career at the moment then Steiner is. I feel that Scott was a great wrestler with just as many flashy moves as Mysterio, except they didn't look stupid. Either way I'm surprised at the amount of people who went against Stiener. However If I was to judge him on his post 00' preformences then I too would have voted for Rey.....