ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

Attention Everyone about the tourney and it's voting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Feb 2004, 01:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Exclamation Attention Everyone about the tourney and it's voting!

Below you will see a quote by Truth and my response to his comments as well as my opinion on this tourney and how it should be done. I hope this explains how the tourney is suppose to go, and why it is important that you not only keep voting but be judgemental in doing so. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR(UTH)IPLE H
No alter should have registered for Triple H to win, because Triple H should've won anyway. Hayes is a (Very) shitty wrestler, and the name of the contest is Greatest. Wrestler. Of. All. Time. People only voted for Hayes out of hate for Triple H, that is just as bad as alters voting for Hunter. Anybody who knows anything about (you know?), WRESTLING knows Triple H smokes Doc Hendrix in every aspect of WRESTLING.

Example: Nobody who voted for Hayes can give a legit reason why Hayes is better then Triple H, with out coming off as a complete moron.

If this contest isn't going to to be clouded by prejudice, and pure hate for a guy, opposed to their Talent (Backstage shit aside), then it should be killed now. It wastes everybody time, especially dogcatcher who's here all day, trying to make the contest as fair and legit as possible. It's a smack in his face, and everybody who's trying to make the WRESTLING part of this board mean something...It's going to turn out making us look like Idiot Marks, who know nothing about the sport.

as sadly as i hate to say this, cause normally i find Truth unbearable with his comments (meaning i think he is just here to make other people feel bad about what they post) i have to agree with him on this situation. While rules are rules, HHH along with Hayes will move on. But the whole point of this tourney is to determine the Greatest Wrestler of All time, which means throw out promos, throw out mike skills it is about wrestling ability. Now i voted for Hayes but i also kinda figured that HHH would win that round. but two things i think HHH does deserve to be in the second round and we will see if he moves on from there, and two i know he won't win this tourney because of who all is in. AT least that is my opinion, cause i know i wouldn't vote for him (not cause i don't like him, i actually like Trips we he doesn't go on with a promo for 20 minutes, but i don't like anyone that takes that much time) seeing there are other great wrestlers in the tourney. The first round will be over by this week, and round two will have a few people in it they some will say don't really belong, but this is the process that makes this not only fun but a learning one as well. The whole point of this tourney is to get more people active in the wrestling part of PWF, and hopefully you will read the posts and discuss also and come away with maybe a little more knowledge about wrestlers in this sport than you did before hand. (i.e. knowing that Dusty Rhodes is the American Dream not Golddust) hopefully the ones that don't belong with be weeded out, although i think there are some interesting matchups next round and the brackets are set up a certain way, so don't think the tourney is rigged for someone to win, cause i know i will hear that in the next round with one pairing. But since HHH gets another shot at this i hope in the triple threat matchup next round that everyone will put their personal feelings aside and look at the real picture can the person wrestle. That is the whole idea of this tourney, if not we would have just put 4-5 guys up and said fuck it here they are pick. but that would be no fun. I know there are going to be upsets, and i know in the beginning people are going to go with their feelings but in contrast to it all , to see the bigger picture we want to crown the greatest of all time and while i know who i want to win and i hope they do, that will not stop this tourney from running like it should. In the end i have a feeling that the top 2-3 guys are going to be in the final four and that will solve the whole debate. I hope you do keep participating in the tourney and i do thank all of you who took the time to read the post, and all of the posts made in the process of this competition..And thanks to everyone who has shown support towards me and this idea.

DC
Old 13 Feb 2004, 01:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default my take, like it or not.....

i was fortunate enough to check in on the GWOAT tourney, and to my surprise *note the sarcasm*, Goldberg is losing.....that's fine, he shouldn't ever be considered the GWOAT.....

however, i have read a lot of crap with people complaining that this guy shouldn't be in, or there's no way this guy should beat that guy (HHH).....you know what?.....if we looked at just the Greatest of All Time, the entire tourney would have consisted of about five guys, and would have lasted all of two days.....i'm on the outside looking in right now, and i was just lucky that i could stop by for a minute......but let me tell you, i wish i had thought of it or was lucky enough to be a part of it.....

that's part of the beauty of a tournament style setting.....some of it is going to be a popularity contest, you have to admit......but in reality, HHH, Goldberg and a lot of the other WWE superstars are going to go over someone that you may think should advance......but take a look at that person that you are angry about and ask if they are the greatest ever.....if the answer is no, then what does it matter if they lose in the first round or the second, third or fourth round?......the answer to that question is......it doesn't matter at all......

we all have our favorites, and we have a right to vote for our favorites.....just like i'm going to go vote for Goldberg.....but he's not going to win and doesn't deserve to......i can admit it, you should as well......

end result, DC and Kurt are doing a great job with this tournament......it equals ratings in the wrestling forums, which is a very good thing for our beloved PWF......

gotta go......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Old 13 Feb 2004, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

sorry DC.....you can merge this with your thread......

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.