ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 1: Sid Vicious vs. Kane
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Sid Vicious 8 36.36%
Kane aka Glen Jacobs 14 63.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Feb 2004, 12:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 1: Sid Vicious vs. Kane

Psycho Sid going one on one with The big red retard er machine Kane..two words tho..Katie Vick
Old 12 Feb 2004, 12:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Can I ask what makes sid even be considered in the word great? I'm not even going to bother ...kane.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 01:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I've always marked out for Kane... and I can't help but vote for him.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 02:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Sid vs Kane...a match which during which, I'd go make a sandwich

gotta go with Sid tho....Kane sucks a monkey's nuts

Old 12 Feb 2004, 02:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

A battle of The Big Men.

You got Big Sid Vicious, a man who has been in wrestling since 87' and accomplish some nice things along the way, and had some horrific times too. Came on the sceane as Lord Humongus in CWF at some point he acruied the services of Sir Oliver Humpridink. A year later Sid went over to CWA and worked his way through the ranks and had a fued with Prime TIme Brian Lee, then Heavyweight Champ. Sid would eventually win the CWA title. about a month later he would drop the title, but he would move on to NWA from there. Immediatly Sid made an impact when he and The Man Van Vader would form a formatable tag team known as Masters of the (Power)Bomb. That team would go seperate ways when Vader went after a singles career again. No matter as Sid then went on to form an even more destructive tag team in The Skyscrapers along with Danny Spivey(Wayland Mercy) and lead by Teddy Long. This team was weird and switch the players around from time to time. During the terror reign of the Skyscrapers Sid also wrestled singles match's and had some fued with Giante Gonzolez, Sting and other stars of the NWA. Sid having a long time fued with Sting, became really in the mainevent level in 90' when he and Sting would fued over the NWA Heavyweight title. In what would be a classic moment Sid joined the Horsemen in an angle that people wouldn't realize until the very end of the NWA title match when the Horsemen jumped Sting and replced him with a fake Sting(I'm pretty sure it was actually Windham)and Sid scored the pin over the fake Sting. However that decesion wouldn't hold up, but Sid was now a memeber of the 4 Horsemen. Around 91' Sid left NWA and went off to WWF. Here he took the role of a face which shock people who knew him as Vicious or Humongus. In WWF Sid changed the Vicious to Justice and became close with that yellowback Hulk Hogan. In 92' when Flair won the Rumble, Sid, Flair and Hogan were the last 3 men in the ring. Sid eliminated Hogan and that asshole Hogan then pulled Sid out of the ring from the outside while Flair help in the inside. There costing Justice the WWF Heavyweight title. This would lead to Hogan/Sid having a fued all the way up to Mania 8 where they battled. Hogan won on DQ, and soon after Sid Justice disappeared from the WWF. Sid would go back to WCW where the Masters of the Bomb would reform and once again battle with Sting along with Davey Smith and Dustin Rhodes. Things were going much as they were before Sid left until in 93' when he and Arn Anderson deecided to see who could stab who more with all sorts of shit in a hotel room. Scissors and Screwdrivers....Yeah they're fucked. Sid needless to say left WCW after that. From there Vicious went to USWA where he would soon win the Unified World Heavyweight champion there in July '94. After he lost it about 7 months later Sid went back to the WWF again. Then time dubbing the name Psycho Sid. Having fueds with a lot of the top talent at the time Sid was over in WWF, like he had been before he left. Soon he would set his sites on Michaels and the world title. winning it in 96' Sid would have some succesful defenses and some great match's along the way. He would lose the belt in 97' back to HBK, but capture the title shortly after, and became 2 time WWF Champ. Sid would later lose the title to Taker, and he would once again leave the WWF. In 99' the man return in ECW where he made waves in a few good match's but didn't stay there to long and soon returned to WCW. Where he would fued with Nash and win his first WCW World title. Now Sid was in a Leuge of very few men who had won both federatinal titles. Sid would form a brief alliance with the man who got him in the sport Macho and be know as Team Madness. as you see in my sig.........Sid would lose his World title to Savsge in some stipulational match where whoever got the pin in the match was the champ. Savage scored the pin over Nash in the tag match. Then Sid started teaming with Nash and Stiener and started a feud with Goldberg, Hogan who shortly after became champ and Sting. Sid would latly cleanly pinn Sting a few months later, and then be known as the Millenium Man. He and Rick Steiner would terrorize anyone who was out there. Sid would become a monster of sorts(The Kind Marc Henry is trying to be now for example). Soon Sid and Benoit would go at it for the US title, and Sid would come out on top as the US champ. Sid continued his fued with Goldberg as US champ and formed a team with the Outsiders by his side to help aid agianst Bill. Sid would go on to lose the US title to Goldberg when the ref called the match for exccesive bleeding on the part of Sid and award Bill the title. No sweet for the man as soon after would be involved in the vacant WCW title tourny. He would win it but would start up another fierce fued with Goldberg. Later Sid and the Outsiders would split and Sid would go against Hall and Nash. In 00' Sid and Benoit battled for the once again vacant World Title. Sid would lose but be in another battle where he would come out on top and as the World champion. From here shitty writting took place and Vince Russo stript everyone of their titles. Sid was in one of the sickest in-ring accidents I have ever seen when he snapped his leg in half in the ring when jumping of the middle rope in a match against S.Stiener. Since then Sid has not been active in a Wrestling. But he has established himself as a dominate force in the sport. He was another Big Man that people either loved or hated.

Glen Jacobs is the man with many gimmicks in his wrestling career. His most succesful one to date is Kane but he started out with a few before he reached this point. Debute in 93' as The masked Black Knight in WWF and then as UniBomb in SMW he and Al Snow would go on to win the tag titles Here he had blond hair. Once they droped the titles Jacobs stayed around and then would leave Smokey Mountain and head back to WWF. There he was known as Dr. Issac Yankeem. His role was an evil Dentist with bad teath that was Jerry Lawlers accomplise. Soon Jacobs would be involved in a fued with Bret Hart, Hart would win the battle. Jacobs would not have a good stint in WWF this time. Losing a lot of house shows (at least in Boston). Later in 96' Jacobs would get a make-over and come back on tv as Fake Diesel. Since Nash had left the company they seemed to want to replace his gimmick. Needless to say He was known as Diesel, as to play the fact that he was the new big man. That angle didn't go over to well as Diesel II would not really win many match's. during his time in WWF Jacobs went over to USWA where he put back on a mask and was known as Doomsday. He started a fued with Spellbinder and ended up becoming the USWA Southern Heavyweight Champion. He would drop the title 2 months later, and then fully focuse on the WWE. In late 97' Jacobs would come back and this time as the man he is known at now..Kane, the burnt brother of the Undertaker who was fatherd by Paul Bearer. In what would be a GOLD storyline Kane and Taker would have epic battles for the rest of the year. Jacobs used the Kane gimmick all through 98' and would have a decent run and push. he would fued mainly with Austin and Taker. Exchanging wins with both men back and forth. He would go on to win the WWF title for 23 hours in mid 98' by defeating Austin. The next night Austin would take the strap right back. Then Jacobs became a tag team partner with Foley as Kane/Mankind. These two would go on to be a twisted yet effective tag team as they would walf away with the tag gold on two seperat occasions. Then later Taker and Kane would form the Bro's of Destruction, and be like a mordern day SkyScrapers, like. Kane and Taker would fall out and fued again. In the beginging of 99' Jacobs would be a face and team with X-Pac to be a unlikly tag team. Here Jacobs charecter was able to learn how to talk. And I think they caprtue the tag titles twice in the time they were a team. Jacobs charecter began to expose parts ofhis body that originally were suppose to be burnt, which cause a lot of commotion about the storyline of Kane. In 2000 Kane would go back and forth as a face and a heel, realigning with Taker and then turning on him. Then in 01' the Bro's of destruction would reform and capture the WWE tag titles. and then tarnish WCW tag titles......Later Kane began to talk normal, when he battle the Un-Americans. Soon he became like a human person and his gimmick has been morphing back in forth over the last year. One thing is for sure Kane is the best thing to happen to Jacobs in his career.

Looking at the two I am just gonna flatout vote for Sid.....Kane is nothing special to me, no where near one of the greats and is intriging because of the Taker gimmick.....

Old 12 Feb 2004, 03:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

gotta go with Sid as well, Kane did accomplish alot, but Jacobs gold in major feds came as a tag competitor unfortunately cause WWE could have made him a huge unstoppable monster instead of a retard that screwed a dead chick.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 03:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Kane is miles ahead of Sid when it comes to actual 'Wrestling' talent, so I picked Kane...But the fact that either is considered to be the GWOAT, is laughable.

Old 12 Feb 2004, 04:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Well Neither really stands a great chance in this Tournement and whenever I watched Sid Matches I seemed to pass out from Bordem...

Kane for Me...

BTW, Dre You have to really cut down your Posts, Its hard enough to read them so it must be strainuos to type up.....
Old 12 Feb 2004, 08:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

I picked Kane because he has more skill then Sid IMO and Kane is one of my favourite wrestlers..

Last edited by Darkstar; 12 Feb 2004 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 02:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I like the kane gimmick, and despite it's many inconsistancies, they keep evolving it and now I really buy it. I know he was the christmas creature and all that shit, which should affect my vote, but I can't even think of sid without wanting to puke. And anyone who gets fucked up like that should never be allowed in the ring. So yeah, Glen, congrats on not completely sucking, and for putting on some cool matches over the years. Get yourself a title run sometime soon though.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 12 Feb 2004, 05:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

I always liked Kane and I mark out for him all the time, so he gets my vote
Old 12 Feb 2004, 05:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Kane.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 05:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

toss-up came up heads Vicious
Old 12 Feb 2004, 06:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

I vote Sid. Kane and Sid both suck. But Sid has accomplished much more than Kane. And I liked the Sid and Taker WM match over the Kane and Taker WM match.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 08:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Kane has more wrestling ability than sid...plus I do like his gimmick better...So Kane gets my vote..