ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 1: Ultimo Dragon vs. The Honky Tonk Man
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Ultimo Dragon 14 73.68%
Honky Tonk Man 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Feb 2004, 12:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 1: Ultimo Dragon vs. The Honky Tonk Man

it's the dragon who has his move the dragon sleeper used a lot lately even Taker was copying it, the dragon who won several titles at once in the orient against an IC champ that had a rock and roll gimmick.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 12:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Aerial Anarchy

Rusty Cooledge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Rusty Cooledge

No contest, Honky was the worst I-C champ ever and could be defined as wrestlecrap if he hadn't been such a hated heel. Vote goes to Ultimo.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 12:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

I'll put up the review tomorrow, my vote ...Ultimo Dragon.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 01:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Ultimo Dragon by a fucking Mile...But HTM was the bigger draw.

Last edited by TR(UTH)IPLE H; 11 Feb 2004 at 01:12 AM.

Old 11 Feb 2004, 01:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Cooledge
No contest, Honky was the worst I-C champ ever and could be defined as wrestlecrap if he hadn't been such a hated heel. Vote goes to Ultimo.
HTM is the best IC Champion ever...People filled arenas just to see will he lose the title, they'd actually riot when HTM would get himself dq'ed or counted out to kep the IC strap, the guy was one of the BEST HEELS EVER.

Old 11 Feb 2004, 01:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

One guy I like the other I have never liked.

Honkey Tonk Man Wayne Ferris was this white idiot who as a kid I never took serious and never liked. So in a way I guess he did his job in being a good heel. Believe it or not HTM wasn't always sportin the Elvis dou. He at one point was part of this tag team known as the Blond Bombers. There HTM and partner Larry Latham w/ Jimmy Hart would win the AWA Southern Tag titles twice and then went on to NWA Mid-South were they won those tag titles 3 times. All pretty short title reigns but non the less I feel I should mention them. Also in 83' HTM became the NWA Alabama Heavyweight Champion. After the loss of that title he went over to Stampede Wrestling in Canada where he became the Honky Tonk Man. There in Stampede Farris would contiue to wrestle in Tag compitition. Partnering with Ron Starr they became 2 time Stampede International Tag Champs. Honky later won that tag title with Cuban Assassign less then 3 weeks later after losing them with Starr. Once his tag career was done in Stampede Honky in 87' appeared in WWF as an Elvis impersonater. With Jimmy Hart by his side he started to get a nice push. At Honky's first Mania which was III he got a win over the Snake Jake Roberts. Then he took Butch Reed spot in the IC title match and faced Ricky Steamboat for the IC title. He won it and held it for over a year. I mean a year with a man called Honkey Tonk Man as the IC champion. Well in 88' Warrior comes through and beats the man for the IC title in like 1 minute literally. I remember the match so clear. I was dumb and marking for the Warrior and he crushed HTM. This would be the last time Honky had a decent push. And the highest point in his career. After the squash by Warrior HTM went on to Team with Grag Valentine to become Rythem and Blues. A 50's type rock tag team with two men who couldn't dance to save their lives. But I believe that it was a pretty good gimmick. Nothing makes some people madder then others acting like fools. Rytham and Blues never really went on to be a huge team and never won any gold. in 94' Honky went of to WCW where he and Johnny B. Badd (marc merrow) had a battle of music. Trust me when I tell those who didn't see this, that they were the lucky ones...Honky returned later to WWF where he took Billy Gunn under his ring and made him a fool to known as Rocka-Billy. This lasted for a little bit until NAO began and then that was the last time that I really saw HTM........

Then you take someone like the Ultimo. Arguablly one of the greatest Jr Wieghts in the history of wrestling. He debute in late 80's but he began his legacy in 90' with his first title victory as the UWA World Middle Weight Champion. He wasn't Ultimo yet and wouldn't be for 2 years but he competed in UWA in a lot of six man battles. BY 92 he was known as the Ultimo Dragon and he was in New Japan. By late 92' Dragon had defeated El Samuri for the IWGP Jr Heavyweight title, he would go on to lose that title to Liger in Jan of 93'. Throught the year Dragon engaged in a fued with Liger and Samuri, Dragon often having a different partner to give him a hand. Dragon's popularity soared and he was heard of thorugh out the world. He soon began going to different feds and wrestling in the Jr Wieght divisions.(I'm getting tired so I'm not gonna go into depth) But Dragon did one of the most amazing things ever in mordern wrestling, when he was the first and only man to hold eight titles at one time. He debute on WCW and started challenging then Cruiserweight Champ Dean Malenko. As the storyline went on Dragon would defeat Malenko and hold 9 titles at the same time. Those titles were: NWA World Middleweight Champion, British Commonwealth Junior Heavyweight Champion, WAR International Junior Heavyweight Champion, IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion, NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion, WWF World Light Heavyweight Champion, UWA World Junior Light Heavyweight Champion, WWA World Junior Light Heavyweight Champion, NWA World Welterweight Champion, WCW World Cruiserweight Champion. Simple amazing. The man was a trail blazer in his own right and it was fun to see him in the ring. Just when shit was going good for the dragon he hurt his elbow and was out for a long ass time. He made a comback in Michonoku Pro Wrestling and then made his way to WWE TV where we are able to see.......wait never mind

My pick is Ultimo. Honky Tonk had about literally one year of real good success and his rapp sheet doesn't even hold water to such a great curiserweight as the Dragon.......

Old 11 Feb 2004, 01:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I have to go with Ultimo... HTM was an amazing heel... but I have to go with the skills of the dragon.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 02:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Ultimo cause i enjoyed watching him wrestle
Old 11 Feb 2004, 07:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

I voted for Ultimo Dragon...
Old 11 Feb 2004, 12:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

I voted for Ultimo Dragon, only because I know him better
Old 11 Feb 2004, 02:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR(UTH)IPLE H
HTM is the best IC Champion ever...People filled arenas just to see will he lose the title, they'd actually riot when HTM would get himself dq'ed or counted out to kep the IC strap, the guy was one of the BEST HEELS EVER.

Ever? What you don't remember his match's as IC Champ. They all ended in a count-out. Savage was by far the Superior IC Champ.......

Old 11 Feb 2004, 02:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Ultimo,
Old 12 Feb 2004, 04:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default heels unite

best heel ever! Honkey-Tonk
Old 12 Feb 2004, 07:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Honky tonk..was a GREAT heel..But on pure wrestling Ablilty...My Vote goes to Dragon by a mile..