ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 1: Davey Boy Smith vs. Billy Graham
View Poll Results: GWOAT
British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith 9 52.94%
Superstar Billy Graham 8 47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Feb 2004, 01:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 1: Davey Boy Smith vs. Billy Graham

The British Bulldog taking on the Superstar..tough call so you make it.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 02:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kryptonite

holy shit this is tough

Billy Graham may have shaped the industry more than anyone will ever give him credit for.

but Bulldog had the prettiest stalling suplex EVER....I am gonna have to wait til Dre and Blood post ...

Old 10 Feb 2004, 02:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.

i agree, I am kinda stuck on this one..Bulldog had some good moves, and I automatically don't count his stint as a tag team..cause this is a singles tourney..but superstar i know a little about..i want to see some facts.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 02:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

I'll write a bio tomorrow, i'm tired after writing the candido one. I'll say this much, there is no way the bulldog takes the superstar, graham gets my vote.

Last edited by Bloodice; 10 Feb 2004 at 02:39 AM.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 02:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

well i guess i will add to the shutout of the british bulldog for right now and vote for the superstar.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 05:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Davey
Old 10 Feb 2004, 07:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Graham...He helped change wrestling, but he sucked.

Old 10 Feb 2004, 08:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Graham. He was the blueprint for so much of wwe and how they were going to develop. But I did like the Bulldog back in the day. Just don't see his impact as lasting nearly as much.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 10 Feb 2004, 08:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Graham,for the reasons Truth and Exo Mentioned..But I'm still a huge Bulldog Fan..
Old 10 Feb 2004, 09:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Pretty nice match up here. Two powerhouses. The Superstar verse the Bulldog.

Billy Grahams early match's I am not to able to speak on but I do know that he developed his name from Jerry Graham and Billy Graham. A student of the Hart Dungeon. He was in AWA in the begining. In 74' he became the NWA Hawiian Heavyweight champ. Skip forward for a while and we come upon 77' where by this point Billy Graham was known throughtout the country. He went over to the WWWF and was appreciated by the fans. He won his the WWWF World title from Bruno Samartino, by using the ropes to help him get the win. Samartino I think before this had been the WWWF Champ for about 3 years or something around that. He had a solid grip on the WWWF for about 14 years and was loved by the fans. When Graham did what he did, he became one of if not the first tweener in wrestling. The fans had a mix reaction to him and his actions. Some booed him while others cheered him. People didn't know what to think and it was like that for 10 months as Graham would have fueds with Bruno Sammartino, Jay Strongbow, Dusty Rhodes, Ivan Putski, Gerilla Monsoon, Larry Zbysko and for a while agianst Bob Backlund. One of the most memeriable things that happend in Grahams career was when he participated in the the first ever WWWF and NWA World title unification match. The match was Graham verse then NWA Champion Harley race. The match was bloody strainuios, long and fierce between the two brawlers. The match would ultimately end in a 1 hour draw. Feb 2, 78' Bob Backland finally succeded in winning the WWWF World title from Graham who had his foot on the rope when the pin happend. Anyone else see the Ironey? Then he went on to battle Dusty Rhodes for a bit before leaving WWWF. From there fueding with Jerry Lawler on the indy sceane for a bit and then appearing on The World Strongest Man comp. Later rumors would say that Graham was dead, but later those rumors where proven wrong and eventually Grahams admits that it was Dusty Rhodes who made the rumors up in a jokin manner. By 83' Graham was back into the spotlight when he reappeared on the sceane of the WWF. This time with a new look and a shaved head. It was perfect because Graham had proved to be a great champ who had a great riegn. So who better to go after then the man who defeated you. And so Graham and Backland were put back into a fued. However a lot of people say this gimmick didn't work and wasn't really taking his career anywhere. Around this time Graham began to have problems with his body. Diffenently because of his roid use. Graham never was able to capture the title back from Backland and soon left there-after. He went to Florida where he became the Champ. He went back to AWA where I don't really know what he did and then back to NWA where he was pushed at a sub-par level. Around this time Graham decided to further his gimmick and bleached his beard blond and put on the tiedy(sp) T-shirts that some may remember him by. He was begining to have a problem with his hip and other shit with his body, because of the roids....He returned to the WWF again around 87' where he was given a few match's here and there. And then The Natural Butch Reed would come out and talk about how his body was twice as good as Grahams body. This lead to a pose down in the ring. Reed attacked Graham and this would lead to Grahams final match-up. By this point in his career Graham's hip was no longer good, and his last match was against Butch Reed, where he wresled on this bumed hip. After the match he went under the knife. However the WWF used his surgery and real life injuries as part of an angle. When Graham came back he breifly managed Don Maruco. And then was a commentator, before he again left the WWF. Graham has been responciable for helping guys like Hulk Hogan and Jesse Ventura mold their charecters.........Graham also blew the whistel on the Steriod shit when he filed a lawsuite aginst Vince. Since then I think he speaks out all the time about not doing steriods and the dangers that they bring.

Then you take that and look at Davey Boy Smith the British Bulldog. He isn't in a different wrestling generation then Graham like some may think, because he only debuted about 4 years after Graham did. All over Europe Davey Boy showed he was a wresler. However i got nothing when it comes to what he did over there since I really don't have anything related with wrestling in Germany and very little in Englad. Smith went to Stampede Wrestling up in Canada where he fueded with Dynamite Kid. Later the two would team up and become the imfamouse British Bulldogs I. They were a team that everyone took notice of almost immedaitly. Becomeing the Stamped International Tag Champs the Bulldogs were highly regarded and Wrestled in Canada and Japan pretty much going half and half when it came to promotions. In 85' the Bulldogs went to WWF and accruied the representation of Lou Albano. They were a team that was to be taken serious and looked at as one of the best up and coming teams in the world. At Mania II the Bulldogs beat the Dream Team(Valentine/Beefcake) for the world titles. After defending the titles against any challenger for almost an entire year the Bulldogs came to opponents who were very much as good as them. The Hart Foundation(also from Stampede) would go on to take the titles from the Bulldogs, with a little help from Ref. Danny Davis. They would go on to have some classic Tag team fueds, but never able to recaptur the titles, I think it had to do with Dynamites back at one point. Then in one of the dumbest gimmicks possiable, the Islanders stole the Bulldogs dog Winston/Weston I don't know what that fucking dogs name was, but the Bulldogs looked like fools for a few months, before they too thought the same and took off. Going back to Canada where the two would go on to recapture the Internatinal Tag Titles again. They would lose the titles and Davey Boy and Dynamite would began to have some great classic fueds again. March 24 89' Davey boy beats Don Maruco for the Stampede North American Heavyweight title. Same year Stampede would be shut down. And that is when Davey Boy would leave North America for a few years. When he came back to North America he return to the WWF alone this time, but still known as the Bulldog. I don't remember much about him until the storyline between 1 family was done, where Bret Hart was the IC champ and Davey Boy was the #1 contender for his title(yeah back when titles meant something). In what would be one of the most memerable match's in wrestling in my eyes was win Davey Boy went on to capture the IC title in his home country in front of something like 92,000 people(if that is grossly inaccurate then someone correct it). However that title reign and the match would be short lived because Shawn Michaels would remove a turnbuckle pad and throw Davey into it then suplex him off the top for the win(damn my erb head still has some vivid memries). I was stunned and pissed. And mad at how much had gone into this for him to drop the title 2 months later. He and Michaels would battle but Davey would never get the strap back and he later Had a ugly fued with Warlord. Then Smith went back to Japan and then to WCW where he would have the same popularity that he had in WWF, however he was never really pushed to much, and mainly fueded with Vader, and was always with Sting. He would go on to have some match's with Regal. But in 93' Smith would put some guys head through a wall, having to do with his wife. Well the guy was in the hospital for almost 2 months. WCW didn't think this was the best thing for their family show and so Davey was dropped. I remeber because Rick Rude and Davey had an International match and the Boss had to take his place. Okay match but it would have been great if it was Rude and Bulldog. Davey then went back to the WWF where the Harts were having their family problems. So Owen and Jim would fued with Bret and Davey for the year. Later Lugar and Smith would form the Allied Powers a team that I didn't mind but everyone else did. And Lugar soon would defect to WCW Nitro leaving Davey Boy to have to make a heel turn. He fueded with then champion Nash over the title and joined Cornetts camp. Then Owen and Davey decided to form a tag team, and soon they would become the champions. Later Owen and Davey would fued while a tag team over the Euro title which Davey eventually won and became the first ever Euro champ. This would be the begining of the Hart Foundation II where Bret would come out and tell Owen and Davey that fighting is what America wants to see. So The Foundation was created again with those three along with Neidhart and Pillman. This stable went on to be one of the best in WWF history fucking up all who came against them and holding all the gold at one point. After losing the titles Davey went on to WCW where he and Neidhart were a team for a while. After he return to the WWF where he won the Hardkore title almost immedatly Smith give up the title and wanted the World title in memroy to Owen. Smith wrestled the Rock, Kane, HHH, Mankind, and Paul Wight for the vacated World Title at Unforgiven. HHH walked away with the belt after pinning Rocky. Davey would go one to win the Euro title and Hardkore title again after Unfogiven but never really got the push that he wanted. Mainly because he was always in rehab. He disappeared and in 2002 passed away.

Damn. This is a bit hard for me I'm looking at 24 years of great wrestling from the Bulldog with a great story to tell. And then I look at the Legend Graham and I am force to make a tuff decesion. I think Graham is one of the more influential wrestlers in the sport and he has had some damn good memories and match's. On the same token I really feel the career of the bulldog, and pretty much know for a fact that nither of these two will be the greatest. Being that it is such a steal mate for me, I'm gonna go with the man who I'd rather watch wrestle. That is Smith who, was more athletic and versitile inside the ring then Graham

I might take some heat but Smith is my pick.........

Old 11 Feb 2004, 06:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

The Bulldog. Running powerslam.