ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 1: Chris Candido vs. Konnan
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Chris Candido 8 53.33%
Konnan 7 46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Feb 2004, 12:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 1: Chris Candido vs. Konnan

it's skip of the bodydonnas...lol..actually candido was a hell of a wrestler even with the stupid gimmick...his opponent konnan, who was once a great wrestler in mexico as the mexcian heavyweight champion..early on in wcw he did well also as the us champ..lately he is just a lackey for ron killings and b.g. james..well anyway who moves on.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 01:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

I have to go with a member of the triple threat man, Chris Candido.

Chris Candido started his career in 1986. He is a former two-time WWA Light Heavyweight Champion under Jim Cornette in 1992. Also won the ECW Tag Team Titles as a member of the Suicide Blondes. Feuded with Tim Horner, who nicknamed him "crybaby" in SMW. Won and lost the US Junior

Heavyweight Title with Bobby Blaze. Met Tammy Sytch. Tammy started to managing Candido and "Prime Time" Brian Lee. Candido and Lee beat the Rock and Roll Exprees to win the SMW Tag Team Titles on April 23, 1994. They lost the belts on August 5 to the Exprees, but it only took one day to win the titles back. They would go on to lose the belts two days later. Left SMW to go to the NWA. Entered the NWA World Title Tournament and beat Tracy Smothers to win the title on November 19, 1994. Lost the belt to Dan "the Beast" Severn in Erlanger, KY on February 24, 1995. Lost a "loser eats dog food" match to Boo Bradley. Tammy Sytch got a job offer from the World Wrestling Federation and her and Candido we're on the way to the WWF.

Chris went under the name of "Skip" and Tammy went as "Sunny". Beat Aldo Montoya also know as Jushin Credible at In Your House 2 in a dark match. Started up a feud with Barry Horowitz at Summer Slam 95. Teamed with Tom Prichard to form The BodyDonnas. They lost to the Smokin Gunns at Royal Rumble 96. They entered the WWF Tag Team Tournament and won the WWF Tag belts at WrestleMania 12 by beating the Godwinns. Beat the Godwinns (again) at In Your House 7. Lost the belts to the Godwinns on April 19, 1996. The BodyDonnas broke up. Chris was on his way back to Extreme Championship Wrestling.

Chris came into ECW to beat Mikey Whipwreck at November to Remember 96. Mikey and Chris joined up to take on the Eliminators. Put on a great match, but Candido and Whipwreck could not get along so they lost the match. Candido joined the Triple Threat. Was going to be on ECW's first PPV to take on Lance Storm but he had a injury.

Started a feud with the Human Suplex Machine Taz. Chris came out in a Taz suit in a match with Spike Dudley and it pissed Taz off. Lost to Taz at ECW's Hardcore Heaven 97 on PPV. Teamed with Lance Storm to win the ECW World Tag Team Titles from Bulls Mahoney, Axl Rotten, Doug Furnas and Phil Lafan in a three way dance on December 6, 1997. Had problems with Lance Storm because Chris thought Tammy had her eyes on Storm. Candido teamed with Shane Douglas to lose to Lance Storm and Al Snow at Living Dangerously 97. Lost the ECW Tag Team Titles to Sabu and Rob Van Dam on June 27, 1998 at the ECW Arena. Came to Dayton, Oh on August 8, 1998 to beat Lance Storm at Heat Wave 98. The same night Tammy Lynn Sytch made her official debute in ECW. Lost to Lance in a rematch the week after Heat Wave 98. The Triple Threat started a feud with Rob Van Dam, Sabu and Taz. The Triple Threat lost a Triple Threat vs New Triple Threat match at Novermber to Remember 98. With Bam Bam Biglow leaving for WCW there was no more Triple Threat. At Guilty as Charged Chris Candido and Tammy Stych turned there back on Shane Douglas and Francine. It made Shane Douglas lose the ECW World Heavyweight Title to Taz. Taz was suppose to defend the title for the first time against Chris but Shane came in the ring from behind and hit Candido with a chair. Shane went on to get the title shot and lost. Chris Candido and Tammy Sytch took some time off.

They came back to ECW at CyberSlam 99. Lost to Taz at Hardcore Heaven 99. Chris Candido was the ISPW World Heavyweight Champion !!! Candido and Sytch made they return to ECW !!! To read more about it, Click the News Link. Fired from ECW and is making his way to WCW. Did some Indy work. Wrestled for Xtreme Pro Wrestling in CA. Signed with WCW as"Hard Knox" Chris Candido, only WCW can come up with a gimmick that good !! Beating up Cruiserweights during that gimmick. Hurt his arm in WCW which sent him packing. Went back to XPW to become the World Heavyweight Champion.

1 x WCW Cruiserweight champion
3 x ECW World tag team champion twice as the Suicide Blondes with Johnny Hot Body and Chris Micheals and once with Lance Storm
1 x XPW World champion
1 x WWF World tag team champion
2 x SMW World tag team champion with Brian Lee
3 x SMW U.S. champion and the last one ever
2 x SMW T.V. champion
1 x SMW/WWA World champion *only one*
1 x USA Pro U.S. champion
1 x NWA World champion
1 x UIWF European World champion
Old 10 Feb 2004, 01:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

still a tough one, since i have to throw out candido's accomplishments as a tag wrestler..but i will go with No Gimmicks Needed anyway
Old 10 Feb 2004, 02:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I too am going with No Gimmicks Needed Chris Candido. He is good, and despit the shitty Skip gimmick, he still went on and wrestled good after it, better thenhe did before it when he was in SMW. I have been a fan of Candido since I can't remember and alsways have thought of him as a solid prefomer. I like the fact that he doesn't rely on the same finisher every match either, to make things less predictable in how shit will end.

Old 10 Feb 2004, 02:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I like Candido. I didn't follow him too closely, but I was pretty interested in the fued with Douglas over the years. I don't know how it all resolved or what all happened. I never saw all the tapes. I guess it's done since xpw closed their doors and I haven't been following much over the net. Maybe someone can fill it in for me. Anyway, I like Candido more.

From what I know of Konnan he was like king of mexico for a while. He's came up with Mysterio and partnered and worked with most of the big names like Guerroro etc. He even went over Jake the Snake once. I guess he got killed when he went to ecw and even worse in wcw. I haven't seen any of his work though, so I can't really comment on it. And for that I have to go with Chris.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 10 Feb 2004, 06:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

They're both terribly overrated, and painfully average at best....I'll past.

Old 10 Feb 2004, 07:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Neil #1 Fighter is on a distinguished road

konnan, hes thje man