ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 1: Vader vs. Larry Zbysko
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Vader 12 75.00%
Larry Zbysko 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Feb 2004, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 1: Vader vs. Larry Zbysko

yeah yeah, Vader time taking on the livin' legend you pick
Old 09 Feb 2004, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

I love the living legend but had to take Vader on this one.

After to have played to football in the Los Angeles Rams for five years, Leon White begins to make from sparring partner for the champion of weights maximum WBA Mike Weaver and it is in this period that Leon thinks to intrapendere the road of the wrestling. Leon White takes like its trainer Brad Rheingans, and after months of hard training, White dispute its first one match for the AWA (American Wrestling Association) with the name of Baby Bull, but subsequently it exchanged again its nom de guerre in Bull Power. In the 1986 White it begins to fight in Austria and Germany for the Eight Wanz Catch Wrestling Association. In March of 1987, when the Eight Wanz made a tour in the USA, Bull Power conquered the Catch Wrestling Association World Heavyweight Title. White maintained to the title it until the month of July, month in which received an offer from the New Japan For Wrestling. The New Japan determined of giving a name that identified in perfect way the wrestler that it was White, therefore decided of cambiargli the name from Bull Power to Big Van Vader. Immediately it disputed encounter against of the legends of wrestling Japanese the which Fujinami and Choshu thanks to which it conquered the respect of the Japanese public. The 24 You open them 1989 Vader conquest its first IWGP World Title winning the torneo for the allocation of the title vacant it; in the first one round it defeated Masa Chono, in the semiend it defeated Fujinami and in end after a match memorable it struck Shinya Hashimoto.

Esettamente a month after Big Van Vader the title lost momentarily it to favor of wrestler the Russian Salman Hashimikov. Once lost the title it Vader equally continued to fight in the NJPW until that, 10 August 1989, did not conquer for the second one turns the title it of the world defeating this time Riki Choshu. After ennesima the Victoria Vader it went in Germany and it fought newly with the name of Bull Power in the its old federation in order to conquer the CWA World Heavyweight Title, tito it that it won easy becoming therefore champion of the world in two various federations. In the November of the same Vader year it went to fight also in Mexico where its objective was to conquer the UWA World Heavyweight Title, objective that caught up striking the Mexican champion El Canek, winning this title it Vader becomes the only one wrestler to the world to conquer three tito them in three different continents. Vader had a greatest impact in Europe, Japan, and Mexico, solo negli USA did not obtain the same one happening. The obtained rusultati ones from Vader until that moment touched the 7 the single USA interest July 1990 when the NWA/WCW contacted it in order to enter to make part of the federation; its debut happened to the Great American Bash, the public seeing its entrance in the ring remained endured made an impression, and he had not twisted, in fact us only two minuteren wanted in order to strike Tom Zenk. In the Vader meantime it begins in Giappnoe feudo with Stan Hansen who will come continued, in 1991, also in the NWA/WCW, the 30 June 1990 it loses the CWA World Title in favor of Eight Wanz, and little time after, 19 August, loses also the IWGP Heavyweight Title in favor of Riki Choshu.

In this Vader moment it was in possession only of the UWA World Title, tito it that El Canek conquered 9 December of 1990. Approximately 2 weeks after Vader it went in Germany and it succeeded to defeat Rambo in the end of the torneo for the allocation of the title it of world CWA being become therefore champion for the third time. In Japan Vader it obtains other happening striking Tatsumi Fujinami 17 January 1991, conquering the IWPG Heavyweight Title for the third time. 4 March 1991 Fujinami succeeds to reconquer the title it IWGP, and the same one made Rambo in the the 6 CWA July 1991, after these Vader defeats decides to dedicate more time to the WCW. From the end of the 1991 Vader it appears in every pay-in order to-view of the WCW. Its career in the WCW begins in brace with Mr. Hughes (former WWF), the brace seemed good until when it did not come melted after one defeat against the Steiners in January of 1992. With the contract stipulated between WCW and NJPW Vader it begins to appear is in show the USA that in those Japanese ones. In the WCW it takes as manager the leggendario Harley Race and from this moment begins one of feudi the more warmth of the history of the federation against the Sting champion.

1 March 1992, in brace with Bam Bam Bigelow, conquest the IWGP Tag Title Team from the team formed from Hiroshi Hase and Keiji Mutoh (The Dumb Great). In the month of Vader May it endures a serious one infotunio to the ginocchio, and is for this reason that after single four lost months the title it of brace against the Steiners. After this Vader defeat it of world WCW only concentrated itself on the title, than in fact July 1992 against Sting to the Great American Bash succeeded to conquer the 12. Its reign lasted only tree 2 weeks inasmuch as August came defeated from Ron Simmons (Farooq WWF), the encounter in program would have had to be the king-match between Sting and Vader, but for a been necessary accident to Sting to the beginning of the evening (provoked from Jake Roberts) came chosen Simmons like challenger.
The feudo between Sting and Vader it recommenced when the two met to Starrcade in the end of the King of Cable, where exited winning Sting, but single two days after Vader it could be rifared immediately in fact it defeated Ron Simmons and it conquered the title it of world WCW for the second time. Naturally the rivalry with Sting made still more fort a lot that burst in violent way during SuperBrawl II in one Strap Match, the encounter was gained from Vader but both the athletes had need of a shelter hospital worker in order to recover the shape totally. To the end of February company a contract with the Union of Wrestling Force International (UWFI, shoot fight), where it fights with the name of Super Vader. Its greater triumph in the UWFI had it when the Best of the World Tournament won, that it left the 3 You open them and concluded 18 August 1994. For first it defeated Salman Hashimikov, then Masahito Kakihara. In semiend it struck Kiyoshi Tamura and in end it defeated Nobuhiko Takada and therefore gained the torneo and the UWFI World Title. Takada reconquered the title it the 20 Opens them 1995.

In March of 1993 the WCW goes in tour in England, where Vader loses the title it in favor of Sting 11 March. But it did not end here, in fact 17 March to Dublino (Ireland) Vader reconquers for the third time the WCW World Title. In the encounter succeeded to you Vader it faces British Bulldog, Sting and Dustin Rhodes but nobody of these it succeeds in togliergli the belt, the wrestlers that more neighbor goes to make it us is Cactus Jack which succeeds to only gain the match for disqualification, the match was much hard a lot that Cactus Jack had need of 27 points of sutura in order to close the wounds provocategli from Vader. The 21 You open them was an other match between the two and once again Cactus Jack to having was worse, in fact it endured a serious accident after that Vader had carried out on he one powerbomb to edge ring. But the end of its third party champion reign was in order to end, in fact to Starrcade Ric Flair met, which it had declared that if had not gained those match it would be withdrawn, the encounter resolved in favor of The Boy Natures, which it has closed the encounter with its classic figure four; naturally there were of the king-match between the two, but in no Vader encounter it succeeded to reconquer the title it.

To the Fall Brawl of the 1994 Vader it defeats Guardian Angel (Big Boss Man WWF) and Sting in a triangle match, this Victoria to fact to think next to the expecting Vader of being number one to the title it of the world, but this oppurtunitą was not given to it, was offered instead an encounter for the title it to it WCW USA, the occasion comes given against Jim Duggan to Starrcade occasion to it that Vader was not made to scappare. Its objective remained however the title it of the world that in that period stopped Hulk Hogan, therefore Vader tried in all the mdi to take control of without but never to succeed to us, and indeed it was also private, the 23 You open them 1995, of the title it USA from commisioner the Nick Bockwinkel the too much violent behavior is towards the wrestlers that against the wills. Once private of the title it a last occasion was given to conquer the title it of the world, this time in a Cage Match where but an other defeated time came. Vader begins therefore a new one feudo with Flair, which it was taken part often in the last encounter of Vader; to the Clash of the Champions XXXI succeeding Flair and Arn Anderson in a Match Handicap faces with. This Victoria pushed Hogan to ask this last one to fight an encounter in brace with he, naturally the answer of Vader was positive. But the encounter was not disputed why Vader.

Vader to this day continues to wrestle in Japan and is still one of the most respective wrestlers around who uses aerial moves and is quick as a cat for a man his size.

3 x CWA World Heavyweight Title
1 x UWA World Title
3 x IWPG Heavyweight Title
1 x IWPG Tag Team Title
3 x WCW World Heavyweight Title
1 x WCW United States Heavyweight Title
1 x UWFI World Title

again there's a shit load of title history, triple what you've seen twice here and there it is.
Old 09 Feb 2004, 04:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

I'm going with Vader on this one..
Old 09 Feb 2004, 06:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I told myself that It was gonna take a ring general insidde the ring with the pressence of a true superstar outside, for me to vote against Vader. This man imo is the Best Big Man in the history of professional wreslling. No one did it like Vader. I'm not really talkiing about his run in WWF, but more so over in WCW and Japan, where he was the man. The man was incrdaible and seeing him live was jawdroping.

I like Larry and think he is a legend, and the Livin Legend that he claims to be I think can be agreed with by many. 74' rookie of the year. He was great because he came under the wing of Samartino and was his protege and then Zybsco turned on him and what would lead to a legendary storyline with a feud and match to back it up inside of a cage. In 80' he was the most heated heel in the entire industry, just a great source of heat came from this man at this point. He was great as one half of the enforcers with Arn Anderson as a tag team, and he was good addition for Paul Heymans Dangerous Alliance back in the day(Talk about a group of Atheletes in one stable). He was always that guy who was never quite a horsemen but always seemed to be around with them and could have joined at any moment. I mean he was in a war games that I thought he was a member of the horsemen for a while because of how many times I have seen him with Flair or Anderson.

I really like Zybsco but like I said watching Vader was jaw dropping. Here comes a man who weights about 450 lbs and he goes to the top rope and does a somersault of the top. The man was agile as people half his size, he had the gimmick the look, the ability to get the crowd in the match. I enjoyed watching just about every match Vader was in outside of the WWF. Vader raised the bar for big men. Before people just assumed they couldn't do certain shit because of their size, and Vader comes in and shows it can be done. My vote is with Big Van Vader..........

Old 09 Feb 2004, 08:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Vader had the moves for guy his size. His moonsault freaked me out, and I loved his battles w/ Sting. Never saw enough of Larry in the ring to judge.
Old 09 Feb 2004, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Vader had classics with sting Flair, and dare i say Cactus Jack aka Mick foley back in WCW i mean he tore the guy's freakin ear off..so vader it is.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 08:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Neil #1 Fighter is on a distinguished road

never saw a match that the other guy was in
Old 10 Feb 2004, 08:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I got to go with Vader...The Living Legend had his moments..But When Vader was in his prime..He Was one of the best Big Men you'll ever see..He gets my vote..