ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 1: Dean Malenko vs. Great Sasuke
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Dean Malenko 9 69.23%
Great Sasuke 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Feb 2004, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 1: Dean Malenko vs. Great Sasuke

the man of 1000 holds taking on a man that not only wrestled in japan but became part of the congress there as well..who advances?
Old 09 Feb 2004, 01:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever
Default Editing the international bit

Tough call on this one, but i'm going with Sasuke and here's why.

The Great Sasuke is the president and the founder of the Michinoku Pro Wrestling company, beyond to being one of the light weights in the entire world of the wrestling. Sasuke is known for its particular style of fight and for its fantastic flights to outside of the ring; between these we signal the tope with hilo, the dropkick from the third rope, asai moonsault but above all the Sasuke Special that is one species of faster version of the Space Flying Tiger Drop. Masanori Murakawa, this its true name, is born the 18 July 1969 to Morioka, after to have ended the high school it enters in the dojo of the New Japan For Wrestling but after two years of hard training it fails its try.

Sasuke does not get lost of mind and under the guide of Satoru Sayama it learns some secrets of the fight that will allow it in future to become one of the best lottatori of the junior category. To the beginning of 1990 it comes under contract put from the UWF of Great Hamada, the first Lucha organization in Japan. It fights its first match 1░ March 1990 against Monkey Magic Wakita (hour known like Super Delfin) to the Korakuen Hall of Tokyo. In the June of the same year it begins to fight under the name of Masa Michinoku, where it used in practical the same one gimmick that it uses TAKA MIchinoku today. In the November of 1991, it is moved in Mexico where it begins to fight for the UWA. In August of 1992 it returns in Japan, where it takes to body its gimmick puts into effect them.

But in the Sol Sasuke Levant, like many others wrestlers, come under paid, decide therefore to form one regional organization called Michinoku Pro Wrestling, with the aid of its father and its greater brother. 20 November 1992, in brace with Great Hamada, conquest the UWA/UWF Intercontinental Tag Team Title defeating Bulldog K.T. and Villano IV (title then abandoned it in 1993). The successive year, the UWA World Welterweight defeating Super Delfin (24 July) and the Independent Junior World Heavyweight defeating Battle Ranger Z (28 October). 16 March 1993 the Michinoku Pro Wrestling dispute its before card. Sasuke knows them on the international scenes when it participates the 16 You open them 1994 to the first Super J Cup.

During this time Sasuke defeats El Samurai (in the first round) and Jushin Liger (in the second), unfortunately for him but it comes defeated in end from Wild Pegasus (Chris Benoit), this last one match came considered from many fans to be the "Match of the Year", and quite one of the best ones match than all the times. More ahead in 1994 it arrives in end to the New Junior Japan Tag Tournament with to Black Tiger but it loses against Benoit and Shinjiro Ohtani.

The 25 September 1995 conquest the British Commonwealth Title defeating Stevie J, only to lose 5 May 1996 against Danny Collins. Sasuke does not neglect however its federation, in fact it is always present in the card of the MPW, a lot that gains the MPW Futaritabi Tag Tournament ' 95 in brace with Kato Kung Lee. In the end of this torneo the Mexican legend Dos Caras makes to endure the most large accident never had to Sasuke, in fact carrying out one powerbomb from the ring towards the earth (without materassino), Sasuke fracture the skull. After a long period of rehabiliatation ,more determined then ever, Sasuke returns and than before, in fact 24 March 1996 defeats Flash Air and conquest the WWF Light Heavyweight Title, and the 29 Sasuke then defeats them Jushin Liger and it gains the prestigious Junior IWGP Heavyweight title. The 27 July gains the WWA World Middleweight Title defeating Pilot Kills.

A little while after, Sasuke gains the J Crown Tournament (2-5 August) that it allows it to very enter in possession eight belts: the NWA Junior World Heavyweight (defeating Shigeyoshi Motegi), the Junior WWA Light Heavyweight and the WWF Light Heavyweight (defeating El Samurai), and finally adjudicated the Junior WAR Heavyweight, the Junior British Heavyweight, the UWA Light Heavyweight and the NWA Welterweight defeating Last Dragon. But just during the end against Dragon, it endures an other serious accident,which in fact fractures the skull, in this occasion when Last Dragon executed a Somersault from the third rope to outside of the ring making to blink the head of Sasuke against the transenne of steel, impressive the successive interview to the match in which one looked at clearly that Sasuke was serverly injured. After two months of inactivity, Sasuke returns to the ring on the 10th October, losing in six-man tag a team match with Sayama and Mil Mascaras (than in that occasion sbagliˇ the entrance on the ring, falling malamente between the laughed one of the public) against the team of Dos Caras (with Kuniaki Kobayashi and Dynamite Kid), then came the title loss the following day of the eight belts against Last Dragon.

The belts a lost time, Sasuke being brought into America, disputing some show with the EMLL in Mexico, then participate in the World Wrestling Peace Festival to Los Angeles in June where he would face Jushin Liger. To the beginning of 1997 it fights in some six-man tag team match for the ECW, disputing also its first PPV, ECW Barely Legal, which took place inPhiladelphia, where Sasuke would team with Great Hamada and Masato Yakushiji and they would defeat Taka Michinoku, Terry Boy and Dick Togo in 16 minutes and 55 seconds, giving the ECW match a much spectacular one, in the style of the MPW. Sasuke, like Last Dragon, has always had a discreet success about the talents of the Michinoku For the prestigious federations, beyond that to the ECW, the participation of its students to the tornei of the New Japan (Super Delfin are famous, Great Naniwa and TAKA Michinoku made an optimal figure) and the passage to the WWF of TAKA, Dick Togo, Men' s Teioh and Sho Funaki (nearly all Kaientai DX, except Shiryiu passed to the WCW with its true name Kaz Hayashi).

In the month of November ECW Sasuke participates in another show where he defeats Storm Nozzles and at the house show, but then loses against Justin Credible (10 January 1998, ECW House Party ' 98). Sasuke fights also in the WWF, participates in the 16 PPV IYH - Canadian Stampede- (6 July 1997) and then goes to Raw is to where he defeats TAKA Michinoku, the two would face each other again in a wonderful encounter to the Sumo 10 Hall October, also in this occasion to exit winning it was Great Sasuke. Sasuke in the WWF has had the task launch the Junior category, after being called the WWF Lightheavyweight champion, Sasuke realises that he made it a success in Japan. TAKA was recognized for being in one of the best matches of the year of the WWF, than then unfortunately it made to be shipwrecked a category that it was preannounced to be able to be much spectacular one. 9 November gains the MPW Futaritabi Tag Tournament ' 97 in brace with Super Delfin; after the end of the torneo Sasuke it remains outside from the scenes in order recovering from a accident to one leg.

The return anticipated on the contest square was not the better choice of wrestler Japanese in fact the king-infortun˛ to the leg and had to be remained outside for approximately eight months. During its period of absence Super Delfin and other wrestlers went on to save Michinoku Pro from closing. Sasuke seeing the situation of his federation determined to newly anticipate its return on the ring, trying of insersi in the main event of the evenings, but unfortunately for he its physicist did not answer in lofty way, a lot that the encounter from he disputed in this period were a lot under its accustom them performances. The situation was not of the best ones, and caught up its point when more low it came defeated from Naohiro Hoshikawa, to this Delfin point picked the ball to the leap in order to criticize openly Sasuke, saying that it was better for he if it had been withdrawn leaving space rising stars, you see Hoshikawa, in order to try of risollevare the Michinoku. 25 October 1998, in a mask vs mask tag match, in brace with Tiger Mask IV defeats the team composed from theirs cloni Sasuke The Great and Masked Tiger, wrestlers the defeats would have had to lose the mask like from regulations, but Sasuke determined that that was not necessary, to this point but took part Delfin which it ordered to the two lottatori to unmask itself equally.

This was reason of a comparison between Sasuke and Delfin, that it carried Sasuke to leave the Michinoku. Little days after Great Sasuke it convened a conference in order to declare that it would be returned to fight with a new name, SASUKE, and announced also formation of a its group, the SASUKE Gumi. Subsequently they came announces the members to you of this faction who were: Tiger The Great (Takeshi Ono) and Sasuke The Great (Masao Orihara)

1 X UWA/UWF Intercontinental Tag team champion
1 X UWA World Welterweight champion
1 X World independent junior world champion
2 X British commenwealth junior world champion
1 x IWGP Junior world champion
2 x WWA Junior world champion
1 x NWA Junior world champion
2 x WWF Lightweight Champion
1 x NWA Junior lightweight world champion
1 x WAR International Junior World champion
1 x IWGP Junior world tag team champion
1 x NWA Middleweight World champion

and a lot more title history, I just can't find my stats for all of them.

Last edited by Bloodice; 09 Feb 2004 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09 Feb 2004, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

nice post again...I voted for Dean..
Old 09 Feb 2004, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^were you drunk when you wrote that???

I don't think Stinko Malenko was anything that special. He gets some love every now and then, but basically, nobody's mentioned him in years or even cared about him being gone. Sasuke.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 09 Feb 2004, 03:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Dude, i'm just trying to give people some insight and hoping that they'd read before they vote. It seems like the only people getting votes are those from the wwe or wcw that you all saw. Nobody seems to be giving the wrestlers from the 80's and early 90's a chance let alone international talent just because they've not seen them nor remember them. I'm just trying to shed some light on why I feel they are better and why they should get the vote.

I have stats like this saved of over 500 wrestlers that i've typed up over the years and it's nice to shed some light, sorry if it seemed to long or boring to you.
Old 09 Feb 2004, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

no no no, it was good info, just the grammer seemed really off.
Quote:
The Great Sasuke is the president and the founder of the Michinoku For Wrestling beyond to being one of the light weights pi˙ applauds you of the entire world of the wrestling.
That sentence is hard to read, and the info gets confusing. That's all.

Quote:
Little days after Great Sasuke it convened a conference in order to declare that it would be returned to fight with a new name, SASUKE, and announced also formation of a its group, the SASUKE Gumi.
Little days??? Sorry. I thought you were drunk.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Last edited by Exo; 09 Feb 2004 at 03:32 PM. Reason: forgot a quote code.
Old 09 Feb 2004, 03:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Sorry now and then I throw in puro words out of force of habit, i'll go back and edit some of it, I used to write for an international board so some of my stats still have the international feel to it, my mistake man.
Old 09 Feb 2004, 05:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Shut up Exo

This is a tough call, but I'm voting for Dean because I think he was the best Technical wrestler ever. He was an International wrestler and his match's are blueprints to how some people should wrestle match's today. When he was the Shooter I loved him. His match's in ECW alone are enough to make me like this guy, then his shit in Japan and his shit in WCW was great to. Injuries play a part in his career, and yet the man has inveted some pretty good moves. Funny that Malenko invinted the Jackhammer. Either way there is no one that I'm gonna pick over Malenko for the entire tournement. He is the best and when PWI made him #1 wrestler in their top 500, it was one of the only times I completly agreed with them in every way. Malenko is the greatest of all times lol..........

Old 09 Feb 2004, 07:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.

it's hard to read all that blue, but regardless i was going to go with malenko from the get go.
Old 09 Feb 2004, 07:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

There you go DC, you're the first one to say anything. I think most people use VB grey like I do, so it shows up blue writing on a white background just fine.
Old 09 Feb 2004, 07:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

if the blue was lighter it would be easier to see such as dre's neon green
Old 09 Feb 2004, 08:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodice
There you go DC, you're the first one to say anything. I think most people use VB grey like I do, so it shows up blue writing on a white background just fine.
Yeah, it's fine for me, but Ryan is using white type, so...

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 10 Feb 2004, 06:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

People are saying Dean Malenko is the best technical wrestler ever...LMAO

I'm going with Sasuke.

Old 10 Feb 2004, 07:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

Neil #1 Fighter is on a distinguished road

melenko