ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 1: Kawada vs. Dory Funk Jr.
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Kawada 8 61.54%
Dory Funk Jr. 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Feb 2004, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 1: Kawada vs. Dory Funk Jr.

it's the brother of terry taking on a japan great do you know who is going on?
Old 09 Feb 2004, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

3 X All Asia tag team champion
8 x All Japan world tag team champion
3 X All Japan Triple Crown champion
3 X All Japan real world tag team champion
2 X All Japan Carnival Champion

The wrestler of which we will go to speak it is sure one of the best ones that they have never trod the ring, also being be in order much time to the shadow of Mitsuharu Misawa, has constructed however an optimal reputation, than in the long run it has given to it lustro since hour is considered one of the top wrestler in Japan. Toshiaki Kawada is born to Fujioka Town Sunday 8 Decembers 1963, in the years drained practical many sports to us, between which baseball and sumo, but the greater victories obtain to them, watch case, in amateur wrestling the free style (75 category Kg); in the period in which it attended the Ashikaga-kodai High School becomes national champion of fight defeating, heard heard, Keiichi Yamada (Jushin Liger) in the ends. In 1982 it comes under contract put from the All Japan For Wrestling di Giant Baba. Its debut in the professionistico world happens 4 October of the same year when it comes defeated in the match of opening of the evening from its future partner of brace, Hiromichi Fuyuki (better known like Kodo/Samson Fuyuki).

The gavetta in the AJPW it was laborious and the space given to the junior division was not much wide in fact Toshiaki succeeded to obtain single space in match secondary, between which remembers a defeat against Tarzan the 31 Goto July 1984 to the Sumo Hall of Tokyo, therefore from November 1985 it is moved for a year beyond the ocean where it participates to several show in various federations between which the Fred Behrend' s Texas All-Star Wrestling in Texas, the Stu Hart' s Stampede Wrestling and the Frank Valois' International Wrestling in Canada. In this period of time it competes, in team with Fuyuki (with which it formed the called brace "Japanese Force"), for the USA Tag Team titles in possession of the brace "American Force" that others were not that Paul Diamond and Shawn Michaels.

In the Stampede Wrestling it has instead fought for the short one lasso of time to the beginning of 1986 where it was known like Kio coming from Kawata from Seoul. To the end of the 86 it returns in Japan and it enters to make part of the "Revolution commanded Group" from Gen' ichiro Tenryu. The 15 September 1987 dispute match for the title Junior it of the All Japan, where but it then loses for disqualification against the Masanobu champion Kelp. The successes arrived however in short time, in fact in brace with Fuyuki (with which they formed the Footloose) conquered in order very three times the All Asian Tag titles (in spite of these victories the two remained however wrestler of second level to the inside of the group of Tenryu).

The first Victoria March 1988 happened II 9 when they defeated the brace formed from Takashi Ishikawa and Mighty Inoue, solo six later months was defeats from Shunji Takano (brother of George Takano, The Cobra) and Shinichi Nakano, only eight days after riappropriarono of the belts. This according to hard reign approximately nine months, until when they come struck from the Can-Am Express (Doug Fournas and Dan Kroffat). The things for Kawada went gradually improving, in fact, when number two of the Revolution Group, Ashura Hara, came expelled from the All Japan, Kawada salted of importance and succeeded in to fight in brace with Genichiro Tenryu in the Real World Tag League of 1988, where the two came defeats in end from Stan Hansen and Terry Gordy.

The 23 July 1989 conquest the Asunaro Cup. 20 October 1989 conquest for the third time with to Samson Fuyuki the All Asian Tag title striking Doug Fournas and Dan Kroffat, which to they time riapproprieranno of the belts after approximately five months. In the 89 it always participates to the Real World Tag League where it is classified, in brace with Samson Fuyuki, to the eighth place after to have only obtained 3 points.

The 13 You open them 1990 participates to the US/Japan Wrestling Summit where in the match of opening of the evening it comes defeated, in team with Samson Fuyuki and Tatsumi Kitihara, from Dan Kroffat, Joe Malenko and Doug Fournas. Little time after, when Tenryu and others wrestlers of the AJPW passed to the SWS, Kawada enters to make part of the group of Mitsuharu Misawa that in that period had in course a feud with the group of Jumbo Tsuruta. Just in brace with Misawa third place in the Real World Tag League of 1990 obtains a member of parliament. In this period it had also an optimal one feud with Akira Taue, but the greater satisfactions it obtained to them just in brace with Misawa with which it succeeds to conquer for two times the Unified Tag team titles, before the time defeating the 24 July 1991 Terry Gordy and Steve Williams, and the second one, 4 December 1992, gaining the Real World Tag League (which riassegnava the title left it vacant before the torneo from Jumbo Tsuruta and Akira Taue) after to have closed the torneo to the first place with 18 points in front of the braces formed from Terry Gordy and Steve Williams and Stan Hansen & Johnny Ace.

In March of the ' 91 it participates to the Champion Carnival where it obtains the third party place in its excluded group remaining but from the ends of the torneo. 24 October 1991 obtains the first one shot for Triple the Crown title where it comes defeated from Jumbo Tsuruta. By now launch in the category of single, Kawada does not forget the match about brace, in fact it participates to the Real World Tag League in brace with Misawa and obtains a good third party place. In 1992 it obtains others two chances for Triple the Crown, before the 5 June against Stan Hansen and the second one, 21 October against Misawa, in both the occasions came but defeated. One small satisfaction from these two defeats obtained it however, in fact the match with Hansen it was elect "Match of the Year". To the beginning of 1993, when it seemed that Jumbo Tsuruta had by now given all to the world of the fight and therefore started on the withdrawal seen also the health problems, Giant Baba ' chiese' to Kawada if it had intentional to fight in team with the its avails again Taue, Toshiaki accepted and therefore during the Champion the ' 93 Carnival of the two pareggiano after a large one match placing of fine fact to theirs "feud" tightening the hand to fine encounter.

In their first match in brace two they conquered endured the Unified World Tag titles defeating the brace composed American from Terry Gordy and Steve Williams. The two succeeded to defend the belts for several match, a in particular impossible one not to that is cite it, that one disputed 1 June 1993 against Mitsuharu Misawa and Kenta Kobashi, match that it came defined from the beautifulst Baba encounter that it has never seen, after those match of seguiro others nine and honestly we are sure that nobody of these will have been an ugly one match. In the 1994 Kawada the Champion Carnival wins defeating, the 16 Opens them, Steve Williams in the end of the torneo. Two days after it faces Misawa for Triple the Crown in what the encounter of the decade was defined, but also this time comes defeated.

After that the title lost Misawa it against Williams, finally had arrived the moment also for Toshiaki to gain the title more prestigious it of the federation, in fact 22 October 1994 defeated just Dr Death Steve Williams after 37' 58 ' '. In brace with Akira Taue it always participates to the Real World Tag League of the ' 94 where they obtain a good third party place, behind the composed braces from Stan Hansen and Giant Baba and Mitsuharu Misawa and Kenta Kobashi. Endured after the end of the torneo,l 19 January 1995, dispute a memorable encounter with Kenta Kobashi, conclusosi with a balancing after very 60 minuteren (other that Bret Hart against Shawn Michaels!!!), this will be the only time that will defend the title it, in fact, approximately two later months, 4 March, loses the belt in favor of Stan Hansen.

The 9 June of the same year succeeds in schienare for before the Misawa time during a tag match that it saw Kawada opposite and Taue to Misawa and Kobashi and that been worth to the first title it of brace, however these last ones took a large one rivincita to the Real World Tag League where they defeated first in the end of the torneo, this will be the last time that the two teams will face themselves. In March of the ' 96 it participates to the Champion Carnival and it is classified to the sixth place also only having two points in less of first classifies (Steve Williams and Akira to you Taue, this last winner of the torneo). The 11 September dispute a match for the UWFi where it defeats Yoshihiro Takayama for KO thanks to its famous soccer.

Unfortunately this was the only encounter in the UWFi that disputed Kawada, the reason of that was that the All Japan does not have intentional to risk creating "feud" with the UWFi that was not exactly in good health. In the same Kawada year its second Real World Tag League in brace with Akira Taue always wins after to have defeated in end Misawa and Jun Akiyama. In 1997 it obtains of the optimal successes, in fact the 19 You open them back for before the Misawa time in a macth single during miniums round-robin during the ends of the Champion Carnival.

One of the very best out there in any country that much is for sure!
Old 09 Feb 2004, 04:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Kawada. I dont' know, I just never was a Funk fan. I never much liked the whole family to tell the truth.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 09 Feb 2004, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

going to have to say kawada cause some talent besides stateside wrestlers need to move on to the next round.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 12:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Kawada because simply put, HE IS THE MAN. But the problem is that Dory Funk Jr. wasn't to bad himself. Holding the NWA title for 4 years and having some great fueds, so I have been told. I'm not a fan of any of the Funks and don't like to watch them wrestle for the most part.

Old 10 Feb 2004, 02:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

About time puro talent gets recognized!
Old 10 Feb 2004, 06:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Kawda...Eventhough he's shit now.