ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 1: Paul Orndoff vs. Jeff Jarrett
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Paul Orndoff 10 62.50%
Jeff Jarrett 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Feb 2004, 01:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 1: Paul Orndoff vs. Jeff Jarrett

Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndoff was a main eventer at wrestlemania 1..he fought hogan, and even grew out of the shadows of piper for a while..Orndoff however went to wcw and never did accomplish much..he was a trainer in the WCW power plant for a while..he also teamed with paul roma forming Pretty Wonderful. Orndoff is listed as one of the 50 greatest wwe athletes of all time..Jarrett is the chosen one...the former Double J in WWE was a great intercontinental champ although he lost to Chyna..He was widely known as a fan favorite in the old USWA and wrestled extremely well..tagged with the late owen hart to win the tag titles in the wwe..he also is a multiple time wcw champ..currently is the defending and reigning NWA heavyweight champion.
Old 05 Feb 2004, 03:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kryptonite

hate Jarrett
hate Jarrett

really wish I could have a better reason for voting for Paul...but goddam I hate Jarrett

Old 05 Feb 2004, 03:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Orndoff did a lot of things but i remember being younger and seeing some of the matches with USWA and a young jeff jarrett...I thought the gimmick was gay of the country singer in WWE but jarrett could wrestle..Unitl just recently when i believe since owning tna and worrying about competing with the WWE has went to his head, jarrett was a good wrestler. This one is extremely tough because whether you like the guy or not you have to vote for who is the best. I know Orndoff had main event status but it was short lived..So Jarrett it is this round.
Old 05 Feb 2004, 04:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

You got Jeff Jarrett. A 2nd generational wrestler. A man who truly as much as I hate him worked his way up in the game. Starting off as a referee in CWA. around 86' he turned pro and wrestled in CWA.....He would go to USWA for a bit and then join NWA. There he would defeat Moondog Spot for the Mid-American Heavyweight title. They would fued over this titles for a while. and then around 88' went to WCCW, where he was booked mostly I think as a lightweight. He even won the Light Heavy Weight title defeating Eric Embry(not that anyone cares who isn't an WCCW/AWA fan). In 89's Jarrett would defeat Dutch Mantell for the CWA title. Jarrett believe it or not back then was liked and viewed as a face. In a partnership that helped boost his career even further Kerry Von Erich and Jeff Jarrett would form a tag team and become WCCW tag champs, he also won those titles with Mil Mascara and Matt Borne(correct me if wrong but the Original Doink?). Jarrett later went back to USWA around 90' He would have a nice battle for the Southern Heavyweight title with Steve Austin, in where Jarrett would prevail. He would go on to be very successful in the USWA and would win numerous titles.( I don't know them all sorry.). he would then later be apartof USWA/WWF angle where Jarrett and Lawler would show up to a WWF event and have Jarrett challenge Hart for the IC title. Hart agreed. However Davey Boy beat Bret Hart before that angle could go any further.....Later Jarrett shows up to WWF, with the Double J gimmick, claims he is useing the WWF as a stepping stone to Nashville. Look I was 10 years old and I wasn't buying that shit, it didn't make sense. And here is where hate pure hate comes in for Jarrett. He went on battles with Guys like Hall 2 year into the WWF and showcased the Roodie, Jesse James Armstrong. Jarrett with the help of James would capture the IC title from Scott Hall. That title would go back and forth for some time. Even sometimes having Hall go against James and Jarrett. HBK would end Jarretts IC title regin and the guy went back to USWA, where he won the USWA World title. Then he would have to give the title up and he showed back up in WWF for about a minute, had problems and went back to the USWA and fueded with Lawler a bit over the Heavyweight title. It changed hands a few times. From there Jarrett went to WCW where he was given the honor of being a 4 Horsemen(Though not recognized by me ). A black day to hardkore horsemen fans I am sure, he went on to team with McMichaels(I know what people are thinking about this crew of Horsemen ). They were an off and on team and Jarrett engaged in a fued with Dean Malenko eventually caputring Malenkos US title. In the summer of 97' Jarrett is kicked out of the Horsemen and fueds with Mongo. After Mongo wins the fueds and the US title. Jarrett leaves WCW and heads back again for WWF. He comes back at first after defeating Barry Windham for the NWA North American title, but then joins Windham and Cornett and actually defends an NWA title on WWF tv. Once Cornette and Jarrett go seperate ways Jarrett drops the NWA title, accruire Robert Fuller (Tenesee Lee). And goes back to a singer. Then he starts ro become a jobber losing macth's to X-Pac for hair, jobbing to Flash Funk n shit. Then Debra comes into the picture and she and Jarrett start a new push. Owen and Jarrett form a team and capture the tag team gold. They drop the gold and Jarrett is push into intergender match's with Debra. After Owen dies Jarrett recaptures the IC title two more times. And becomes the first guy to hold the IC title 6 times. Jarrett loses IC title to Chyna and leaves WWF to go back to WCW. He joins NWO and has a played out gimmick. Here he finnally captures the WCW World title but. WCW folds and Jarrett starts up TNA, where he is now. In some recycled gimmick that has to do with joining the evil force or being fired. He is also set to Wrestle Dory Funk Jr. wtf.

Then you got Paul Orndorff, a man who I marked out for when I was a child. When he first came on to the sceane he did a lot in Mid-South and Mid-Atlantic. I don't know to much about what he did there but he did when the North American Title, and the NWA world tag team titles w/ Jimmy Snuka. He went to WWF and teamed with Piper and there he fueded with Hogan. He was a pretty decent wrestler in all aspects. He later would be a face in WWF when he and Hogan gain respect for each other Bob Orton and Roddy Piper too exception. Paul and Hogan would be friends and Orton would go on to wrestle impressivly scoring pins over guys like the Iron Sheik and Orton. Then the moondogs were talking shit about Orndorff saying he was nothing but a lacky of Hogans, Paul and Hulk team up and Orndorff proved himself in the match/ Out showing and upstaging Hogan. Later Orndoff would turn on Hogan and join the Heenan Family. This time around it was Hogan and Piper fueding with Orndorff and Race. Hogan and Orndorff would go on to have a cage match that was simply legendary. Hogan and Orndorff battled it out and then both landed on the floor at the same time.2 different refs said 2 different things, and when Hogan didn't like it, that bastard ran over and attack Paul and ref. Danny Davis. They had to start the match over and Hogan used the cheap shot as an advantage to win the match. Later Paul would fired Heenan as his manager and hire Lord Oliver Humperdink. Orndorff started fueding against Heenans new guy Rick Rude, In 87' Orndorff and Hogan again team up this time Paul going by the Good Guy(lame ). He left WWF shortly after and wrestled some indy promotions and fueded with Kerry Von Erich for a bit, before showing up in NWA. And joining the Dudes with Attitudes. These guys Sting, Stieners, JYD, Orndorff fueded with the IV Horsemen, and then after that Paul disappeared to. He went to NWF and SMW and began wrestling there. I eventually came back to WCW where he and Mick Foley had a memerable fued. around 93' there was a tourny for the WCW World television title. Ordorff went on to win the entire tounry and was crowned the new TV champion. he would hold it for about 6 months he would battle Simmons and Rhodes and Susaki in the months to follow, before finally dropping his title to Ricky Steamboat. Later in the year Paul Roma and Paul Orndorff joined forces as Pretty Wonderful. A pretty successful tag team who won the titles. They fueded with the Sullivans. fueded with Cactus and Kevin Sullivan to capture the tag titles. They fueded with the Nastys and then with Buff Bagwell and The Patroits, where Stars n Stripes and Pretty Wonderful would exchange the tag titles a few times.. Later Pretty Wonderful broke up. Later Orndorff would have a psychic adviser and a mirror and a shitty gimmick. Then Brian Pillman would insult Orndorff, which made him pretty mad. The Horsemen piledrived Paul on cement, and he was gone for weeks. That angle never really evolved and it was chaulked up as a victory for the Horsemen. Paul then went to work for the WCW Power plant and made a few appearences here and there on PPV for WCW......

This is a tough one Because even though I hate Jarrett, I might be a better wrestler when you weigh out all the facts. I love Mr. Wonderful and he is a great wrestler, but the fact that Jarrett may have accomplished more in the industry may hold a bit of an edge.

To be fair, I give my vote to Jarrett though I hate the guy........

Old 05 Feb 2004, 05:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

^SHIIIIIIIIT!

i voted jarrett!

Old 05 Feb 2004, 06:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

fuck jarret, he's a fucker. i vote orndorf coz i can't stand jarret even though i've never heard of orndorf.
Old 05 Feb 2004, 10:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Panty Thief's Apprentice

HULK IS JOB! is a STICKHULK IS JOB! is a STICKHULK IS JOB! is a STICKHULK IS JOB! is a STICKHULK IS JOB! is a STICKHULK IS JOB! is a STICKHULK IS JOB! is a STICKHULK IS JOB! is a STICKHULK IS JOB! is a STICKHULK IS JOB! is a STICKHULK IS JOB! is a STICK

LMAO Jarrett moved up the ranks.

Hey DAD, Can I have the keys to the World Heavyweight Title?

Thanks Dad.
Old 05 Feb 2004, 12:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Spinal_JB_Tap is on a distinguished road

I like Jerret, problem is i like Orndoff even more, he gets my vote

WWE
Worst Wrestling Entertainment

Evolution Is A Mystery
Is It Hell, There Crap

Whos Next
You In Jobber Case [Hopefully]

Old 05 Feb 2004, 04:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I remeber Orndorff's great stint in the WWE...Hey..anyone woh main eventd WM 1 is better than Jarett...so Orndorff it is..
Old 05 Feb 2004, 07:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
<<TROUBLE>>

<TROUBLE>> is on a distinguished road

I like Paul better. But I think Jarret is a more talented wrestler.
Old 05 Feb 2004, 08:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Mr. Wonderful took my vote. Had the injury to his left arm never happened he'd have had one hell of a singles career towards the end. Jarrett was great in his late teens in the south, but a lot of his pushes in the south were due to lawler and jeffs father. Mr. Wonderful takes my vote.