ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 1: Curt Henning vs. Edge
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Curt Henning 18 81.82%
Edge 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Feb 2004, 12:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 1: Curt Henning vs. Edge

Well he is a classic Curt Henning aka Mr. Perfect well was Perfect former IC champ and a very good wrestler in the AWA, WWE, and WCW..hell even appeared in NWA TNA...he is best known for his finishing manuever the Perfect Plex a version of the Fisherman Suplex..Henning used that to finish off many opponents..In fact if brock lesnar wasn't such the big bitch he is, then Henning would have remained in the WWE and not been in florida doing drugs and would still be with us..sorry off the topic, anyway Edge is known for his tag title reigns with Christian, and individual hasn't done much other than capture the IC title, he has been injured a lot the past few years...and his potential as yet to fully be seen...happy voting.
Old 05 Feb 2004, 01:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kryptonite

so Glad Edge is being eliminated in Round 1

go Curt

Old 05 Feb 2004, 02:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Mr. Perfect could be just that on certain nights..Perfect..Henning was a top athlete, and one of the best not to hold the World title..Edge is just a tag wrestler to me, just like christian while they can have some success on their own, both seem to be just great in the tag division..I was not impressed with edge, his move set seems not that great, and very limited..the injuries have played a part in this as well, and it would be interesting to see if my opinion and the outcome of this bracket would be different had he been around the past year. Henning.
Old 05 Feb 2004, 04:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

I voted Edge. it was a tough choice

Old 05 Feb 2004, 04:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

This is where we are gonna clearly see how good this tournament is. Whether its a popularity contest or a Greatest Wrestler contest.

Adam Copeland, aka Edge is someone I consider to be a veteran in the sport of wrestling. Saying that because he has been around for about 11 years in the game. He came into the game as Hardcastle, first name Sexton i think??????. He was partners with Christain way back then, and then Edge came into the WWF around the age of 20 or that is what they kept saying when they first introduced him. I'm not really sure. But he came into the WWF as a goth like charecter who made his entrance like Raven. He won the WWF IC champion ship from Jarrett, when he joined the Brood, he held it for one day. In the year 00'-01' Edge merged respected in the tag ranks teaming again with Christain and winning the tag titles 7 times. Though the number of title reigns was high however the amount of time held for each reign was pathetically short. 2 months, 3 months, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 day, 1 week, was roughly how their title reigns looked. Edge then went simi on a singles track, and got a nice push. in 2001 Edge defeated Kurt Angle in the finals of the KOTR tourny. Edge then would later win the IC title. This would start the fued between Edge and Christian and they would fued over the titles. Less then a month after gaining the title Edge would drop the title to Christain. Edge and Christian engage in a ladder match where Edge comes out on top and wins back his IC title. About 2 weeks later Edge loses the IC title to Test. Then Test would go on to win the US title from Kurt Angle, and then goes on to Defeat Test for the IC title again. Then the titles were merged and Steven Regal came into the picture and 2 months later Edge drops the IC title to Regal. He then is put on the SD brand where he was put into one of the worse tag teams since the dynamic dudes, where he and a old slow Hulk Hogan where given the tag titles for about 2 weeks. Edge would have some pretty good fueds with Kurt Angle and ends up winning a hair v. hair match where Angle had to shave his head(best idea yet ). Edge has some of the best match's of his career when he began feuding with Eddy Gerreuro in singles and tag ranks. Edge and Benoit proved to be a decent team. Edge is injured right now but could be returning any time now, i guess.

Then you got Mr. Perfect Curt Henning one of the best technical wrestlers in the history. This is another 2nd generation superstar who stepout from underneath his fathers shadow. He came into the game around 80 maybe late 70's. He came in as a jobber in the WWF and then went to NWA Pacific North-West where he fueded with guys like Roddy Pipper and Rick Martel. Hennig and his brother Larry teamed up to win the Tag titles. When they lost the titles a few weeks later Hennig went to battle the NWA Pacific Northwest champ Ali Hassen and win the title. He would hold it for a few months and then lose the title to the Dynamite Kid. After that he went back to tag ranks and won the titles again with Buddy Rose. Curt went on to the AWA where so many great stars where at this time. He mastered his ability to play the crwod and technically wrestle. he and Scottt Hall were a pretty good tag team and won the AWA Tag titles from Garvin and Regal...Jimmy Jam that is. Hennig and Hall would defedn the titles like champions and once they lost the titles. Curt went on to Challenge the AWA Heavyweight Champion Nick Bockwinkle. It was in May of 87' that Hennig finally defeated Bockwinkle for the Championship of the World. Hennig would go on to defend the World title faithfully for an entire year, when he was defeated by Jerry Lawler. After that Hennig went over to WWF and was known to many as Mr. Perfect not at first but soon and he went undefeated for some time He was with the Genuis when the WWF Title was smashed. He got a nice push and allign himself with Bobby Heenan. After he won the IC title from Tito Santana in a tourny it was officail that Heenan and Hennig were a team. Curt lost the title a few months down the road but gained it back and held it for 9 months. In what was a nice 9 months of solid preformnces and matchs in the IC division. Curt would be injured and still able to put on what I think is one of the greatest match in WWF history. Hennig v. Hart for the IC strap. It was one of the best match's I had ever seen. Done with class and style. Hart won the match btw, and Hennig disappeared with a back Injury. He would come back as the Excutive Advisor to Ric Flair(best gimmick ever). He wasn't the manager he was just always at ringside to advise him. Hennig, Flair and Heenan had a great thing going here. About a year went by and Something came up between Savage and Hennig where Savage asked Hennig something about a partnership and Heenan answers for Curt. This is where the face change came in and Curt beoke away from Heenan and Flair. a few months of great fueds between 2 legends was taking place. And it came to an end when Curt meet Flair in the middle of the ring in a loser leaves town match. Curt won and was over pretty big at the same time. Flair had played the perfect heel. Hennig would fued with Hart, Nash, Michaels, Lugar, Hall and then had to stop because of his back. Like a pro at everything Curt took to commentating and was a great color commmentator. Much like Tazz is today, but a bit better. Then when HHH came a little later Curt became his manager and then left WWF randomly. He went over to WCW where he was a huge part of the latest NWO v. Horsmen angle. Hennig soon choose the Horsemen and was a part of the faction for a few weeks, and then for the first time in the history someone had turned on the Horsemen. Hennig joined forces with NWO and began wearing Flairs robe down to his matchs. He even cut the sleeves on the robe. Soon Hennig had his stable created inside of the NWO, when long time best freind Rick Rude came over and joined Hennig everywhere he went. They took Bryan Adams under their wing, and started beef with Hart. Claiming Rude had done everything needed to do in the past, so he is the best there was, claiming he was the man of the hour and the best there is and then saying and when its all said and done Adams will be running the game. They fueded with guys like Hart and Goldberg. Before that Hennig had also been US champion for some months. Once Rude died things change a bit and Hennig even said something on Nitro one night about Rude not being respected like he should off. Both other annoucers Tenay and Tony didn't say anything when Hennig began his rant, on a live show. Later Hennig went back to the WWE and was in the rumble. He did a few shows with them, but on the planride from hell Hennig was fucking with Brock Lesnar and daring him to hit him. Hennig left WWE and went to NWA for a short while before he passed away.

To me skimming Hennigs career, doesn't even do him justice, But by a long shot I go for Hennig. He is just better in every single way then Edge is. Mic waise, ring wise, presence wise, Curt Hennig could go pretty far if enough people respect him....

Old 05 Feb 2004, 05:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Sin
I voted Edge. it was a tough choice
insane. absolutely insane.

Edge is OK, yes, yes he's OK. But Curt Henning is PERFECT, hence the name. Quite a possibility to win this tournament. I've seen some of his matches, absolutely outstanding. Curt gets my vote without a shadow of a doubt.
Old 05 Feb 2004, 11:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

Spinal_JB_Tap is on a distinguished road

Edge is okay, but he sucks compared to Curt

WWE
Worst Wrestling Entertainment

Evolution Is A Mystery
Is It Hell, There Crap

Whos Next
You In Jobber Case [Hopefully]

Old 05 Feb 2004, 12:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I like Edge. I mean, I like him more that I haven't seen him in a long fucking time, but maybe it's one of those absence makes the heart grow fonder things. Still, he's not there yet. He's not as accomplished as Hennig. Curt will never be my favorite. Not by a long shot. But the man is a close to being truly underappriciated and underrespcted as it gets. He was capable of so much more, and yet, everything he did, he was the best. Hell, he was perfect.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 05 Feb 2004, 03:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

If Edge advances over Henning...I'm done with this tourney..Henning was the man...Had one of the greatest SS matches of all time with Bret Hart...One of the greatest IC champs ever...against well...edge...who i find very ordinary in the ring,and on the mic...my vote goes to henning..by a long shot..
Old 05 Feb 2004, 03:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

That Bret, Henning Match, was nothing short of amaing

Peace out Edge, you shouldn't even be in this round with Henning
Old 05 Feb 2004, 03:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Greatest Of All Time

-Tiga- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to -Tiga-

by the way, i think Bret Hart will win this award.....second place, Kurt Angle, if were talking about wrestling skills
Old 05 Feb 2004, 06:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
<<TROUBLE>>

<TROUBLE>> is on a distinguished road

I say Henning for the simple reason that Henning maxed out his potential. Edge still has more to show before he be a considered a great. Henning was a master at playing the crowd. Combined with techniqical talent. Hands down this time Henning
Old 05 Feb 2004, 07:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

There's no way I could go against the legend that is Curt Hennig. What he did in the awa was simply awesome.