ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 1: Don Muraco vs. Brock Lesnar
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Don Muraco 8 30.77%
Brock Lesnar 18 69.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Feb 2004, 02:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 1: Don Muraco vs. Brock Lesnar

The Magnificient One vs. The Next Big Thing..Now remember this is a greatest wrestler of all time tourney and while it is possible for Brock to win this round, you also must take into account that he is so young and not been in the business that long..I'm not talking about Era i'm talking about years wrestling. So for him to be the greatest of all time right now might be a stretch. anyway, lesnar is self spoken, while you might not remember much of muraco, a former IC champ, the magnificient one wrestled two classic cage matches against Jimmy Snuka. including the ones were Snuka first jumped off the top of the cage in MSG..Muraco was also known for his strength..I am sure some others can help me out here with the info on Don.
Old 04 Feb 2004, 02:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

Even though i hate the fact he's Playing "the Pussy Champion" Gimmick, I Had to vote Lesnar.

Old 04 Feb 2004, 06:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
The Magnificient One vs. The Next Big Thing..Now remember this is a greatest wrestler of all time tourney and while it is possible for Brock to win this round, you also must take into account that he is so young and not been in the business that long..I'm not talking about Era i'm talking about years wrestling. So for him to be the greatest of all time right now might be a stretch.
you raise a good point DC... lesnar is too young to be considered the greatest wrestler of all time... although he is a spectacular wrestler, one of my favourites... muraco vs snuka were classic matches, but so was angle vs lesnar... rock vs lesnar... but I vote muraco.
Old 04 Feb 2004, 11:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Don Muraco was known more for his physical size than anything, as i recall.....at the time, he was a huge man in the wrestling world.....now, his size would probably compare very closely to Brock.....Muraco was the IC champion, as DC stated, and did put on a few classic cage matches.....more of a brawing style, he wasn't one to throw out high risk moves.....not a great man on the mic, but his style in the early 80's fit what the WWF was looking for in a second tier champion.....

Brock is going to be one of the greats, yes....he has done a lot in a short time span.....however, this is a watered down era of wrestling, to an extent.....a decade plus ago, Brock wouldn't have sniffed gold yet.....

in a greatest of all time tourney, with the entire career of Muraco vs the three years of Brock, i vote Muraco......

give Brock ten years.....then vote again.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Old 04 Feb 2004, 11:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo
I'd have said 5 yrs..but yeah...thats about right

Old 04 Feb 2004, 01:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

I voted for Lesnar, I never liked Don Muraco
Old 04 Feb 2004, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Like I said Lesnar is in the tourney basically cause he was a champion in the WWE, although i also take in consideration the brand extention and realize lesnar only wrestles half the roster. So Muraco gets the vote from me. In about 2-3 more years depending on what happens then maybe brock would have recieved my vote.
Old 04 Feb 2004, 04:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
ian
I Hate My Generation

ian has much to be proud ofian has much to be proud ofian has much to be proud ofian has much to be proud ofian has much to be proud ofian has much to be proud ofian has much to be proud ofian has much to be proud ofian has much to be proud ofian has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to ian

i voted for lesnar, cause he makes me mark like a little school girl.
Old 04 Feb 2004, 04:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

i voted for lesnar because he is just better.
Old 04 Feb 2004, 05:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Spinal_JB_Tap is on a distinguished road

i voted for Don, but dont get me wrong, its just because Brock has been in the WWE for less than 2 years, i think he is a legend in the making but Don is a legend, enough said

WWE
Worst Wrestling Entertainment

Evolution Is A Mystery
Is It Hell, There Crap

Whos Next
You In Jobber Case [Hopefully]

Old 04 Feb 2004, 08:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

brock..ive never heard of don muraco
Old 04 Feb 2004, 10:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeo
Don Muraco was known more for his physical size than anything, as i recall.....at the time, he was a huge man in the wrestling world.....now, his size would probably compare very closely to Brock.....Muraco was the IC champion, as DC stated, and did put on a few classic cage matches.....more of a brawing style, he wasn't one to throw out high risk moves.....not a great man on the mic, but his style in the early 80's fit what the WWF was looking for in a second tier champion.....

Brock is going to be one of the greats, yes....he has done a lot in a short time span.....however, this is a watered down era of wrestling, to an extent.....a decade plus ago, Brock wouldn't have sniffed gold yet.....

in a greatest of all time tourney, with the entire career of Muraco vs the three years of Brock, i vote Muraco......

This is what I would have posted along the lines of. These are 2 men who I thought for one reason or another shouldn't have been on the WWF all time top 50 list. Muraco, is diffenently not as good as Brock is in the ring. Brock isn't a veteran or old enough to be the best ever. I think it is important to see where his career will be in 5 or 6 years before the jury can fully rule. Muraco, was a big man with power, but that is where it stops. Some of his match's with Hogan were hard to watch. He had a nice fued with Snuka, and was the man on the reciving end of the Splash of the top of the cage. He was a pretty decent IC champion the second time around and held the title for over a year. I think that was around the best point in his career. Some good match's with Santana. But for some reason when I think of great wrestlers, I will always think of Brock over Muraco. For some weird way or another I think Brock is a better wrestler, who is young and will only imporve. Where Don the Rock, I never really was into nor do I think his match's are better to watch then Brock's. In a surprise upset vote I'm gonna choose Brock over the Rock and pick Lesnar........

Old 05 Feb 2004, 12:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Lesnar has allready done more in his career than Muraco ever did. And I don't buy the "Lesnars only been in wwe for 2 years" Argument either. Lesnar spent plenty of time in ovw, not to mention all his time in amatuer wrestling. Wasn't he an all american champion or somthing? Please, Lesnar is 50 times the wrestler that Muraco ever was and the real scary thing is, Lesnar keeps going foward and in 10 years, Lesnar my very well be the best wrestler ever. He won't win this contest, mostly cause everyone will bag him for not having a 20 year career yet, but he will go down as one of the greatest wrestlers of his era, if not all time.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 05 Feb 2004, 07:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
<<TROUBLE>>

<TROUBLE>> is on a distinguished road

Hats off to Lesnar for giving us size and speech in the ring. Hats off to Lesnar for nearly braking his neck trying back flip off the rope. But I have seen Lesnar screw up alot in the ring and the other wrestlers cover him for his blunder. Muraco Gets the vote.
Old 05 Feb 2004, 08:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Again i'd rather vote for Muraco but didn't. Back then most of the wrestlers didn't have instant titles and awards handed to them. They had to spend years working for what they got in the business, something todays wrestlers don't have to do.