ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 1: Lance Storm vs. Antonio Inoki
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Lance Storm 13 59.09%
Antonio Inoki 9 40.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Feb 2004, 01:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 1: Lance Storm vs. Antonio Inoki

Alright folks a new set of matchups...first Lance Storm vs. Antonio Inoki.Antonio Inoki has been a true competitor in the sport of wrestling in Japan. His best years to my recent memory came in 95-96 when he gained presence again. While still active, he does not do much in the sport. I am sure Dre or Slash can contribute more to Mr. Inoki....Storm is from Canada nuff said..nah just playing, Lance has been in the business for over 13 years, and was trained in the Hart Dungeon.. He was a major contributer in ECW were Storm teamed with Justin Credible to form the Impact Players..Storm is a great athlete but seems to bore people on the mic...In WCW Storm was even bigger winning the Crusierweight, US, and Hardcore titles all at the same time..Thus forming Team Canada. He was the first guy to show up on WWE TV during the Invasion, Storm has been a tag champ in the WWE with Christian as well as William Regal, and Val Venis. he held the tag title 4 times in one year. Has been associated with Val Venis and not seen much on WWE TV..Last Remembered for doing the cabbage patch dance and having stone cold steve austin say he was boring. Truley a great matchup between Storm and Inoki.
Old 04 Feb 2004, 10:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kryptonite

what Storm lacks in Charisma he more than makes up for in skill. You gotta respect the man's ability.

I do..hence he got my vote

Old 04 Feb 2004, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

Lance Storm gets my vote
Old 04 Feb 2004, 12:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

This was hard for me, cause i realize everything Inoki has accomplished, yet outside of WWE Storm has contributed a lot to WCW and ECW...I'm going to flip a coin Heads storm, tails inoki...looks for coin....finds a massachutes quarter....flips coin...tails it is...my vote goes to Inoki.
Old 04 Feb 2004, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Shit, inoki is one of the puro guys I actually know a little bit about. I haven't seen too much of his stuff, but from what I've been able to gather is that 20 years ago he was a great performer and carried a lot of respect. He's held numerous titles in many feds. Been through tours in the states several times. I kinda see him as a bridge between east and west. I'm not entirely sure if this is how he truly is, or what his impact has been on Puro, but for somebody who doesn't follow it, and still knows enough about Inoki to respect his accomplishments, I have to go with him. Storm may have done a bit for ecw, but in the grand scheme, Inoki has accomplished a hell a lot more in a lot more feds than that. Plus, he even held the wwe championship, and I don't think that's something that is anywhere in the cards for Storm lol.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 04 Feb 2004, 02:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

lol That Massachusetts well always do you justice. The problem with this match up is pretty much the generation gap, and so I guess you have to judge the wrestler on a lot of talents and not so much drawing power. Inoki has the edge on Storm when it comes to impact and Legacy when it comes to the game as a whole.

Inoki came into wrestling around 60'. He started off in JWA and then defected to Tokyo-Pro Wrestling, and then when the company went under, Inoki went back to JWA. Later he would be ostrasized from JWA when it was found that he was trying to take over the company. And from there Inoki created New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW). There was some legendary Island Death Match that Inoki battled in when he was in NJPW, where he and Maso Saito were dropped on Ganryujima Island and brawled all over the island without any audience for two hours. I have never seen the match itself but it does sound interesting as hell. Like I said in the Backland bracket. On Nov.30/79' Inoki would go on to defeat Bob Backland for the WWF World Heavyweight title. Though it happend WWE doesn't want to acknowledge this though. On 6/14/84 Inoki defeated Hulk Hogan for the IWGP Heavyweight title. There were a shit load of people Inoki has defeated and had some pretty good match's, including NWA stars like Flair, Sitng and Vader. I have seen some really good match out of Inoki and I have seen some pretty bad ones, but combine all the matchs I have seen from him, I don't think it would even total 1/8th of his matchs. One thing is for sure, when he had his retirement show in the Tokyo Dome, he set a record with an attendence of over 70,000 people.

Lance Storm is in a completly different era of wrestling then Inoki. But what was good is that he was he trained with the Harts too. Went to the camp and began his relationship with Chris Jericho there. And then a good thing that Storm did was from about late 90'-93' Storm travelled the world, where he grasp different types of styles and intensified his own arsenal. In SMW Storm teamed back up with Jericho known as the Thrill Seekers. This team proved to work will together and they had some great fueds, with different teams. Storm would later win the TV title from Candido, but then drop it and go back to Canada on the indy scene. Shortly after that he and Jericho went back to Japan where they teamed some more. Then were enemies and were involved in a great tag team fued in WAR. Both men where on different sides but they had some epic matchs. Storm in 97 would go back to America and join ECW. Here is where he was given even more light in the public eye. He would allign himself with Candido and would go on to win the Tag titles. Then he would go on to fued with Candido, and have a great amount of match's that were good to watch. Later Storm would be known as an Impact Player in ECW and would go on to fued with ECW rival Shane Douglas, and Tommy Dreamer. The Impact Players with Storm and Crediable would have great fued all up and down the East Coast, with RVD/Sabu/Lynn, Dreamer/Raven/Sandman, Raven/Awsome, Dreamer/Tanaka. That was the best years of watching him wrestle some would say. But he didn't stop there as his next goal was. WCW, where he had a nice push there and capture a few titles including the US Championship. Now in WWF, looking more like a fool then an International Wrestler. Which is sad. I got a lot of respect for Storm as a wrestler and think he did a lot but I not nearly as much as Inoki did. I wish Storm wasn't up against him so early in the tourny. There are a lot of wrestlers that don't match up to him...........Inoki get its

Old 04 Feb 2004, 03:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Orphaned.

SodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of Famer

Lance
Old 04 Feb 2004, 04:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Spinal_JB_Tap is on a distinguished road

I voted for Lance, clearly he is the most underated Wrestler in the world

WWE
Worst Wrestling Entertainment

Evolution Is A Mystery
Is It Hell, There Crap

Whos Next
You In Jobber Case [Hopefully]

Old 04 Feb 2004, 07:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

lance is very good in the ring....shitty gimmick, but hes good in the ring
Old 05 Feb 2004, 05:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

It's time for the Lance...er, Storm, Dance! Lance is one of the most underrated wrestlers ever. If ever you need to be reinformed about his greatness look back to ECW. Lance it is.
Old 05 Feb 2004, 06:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
<<TROUBLE>>

<TROUBLE>> is on a distinguished road

Are we talking greatest wrestler or worst writters push. Impact on wrestling as a whole Inoki. Lance is greatly, incredibily, most certainly under rated those WWE creative team....I shall hold my langauge. Lance needs thge WWE behind him more to make the grade. A wrestler that has made his mark everywhere like Inoki is a greater asset and has proven himself more then enough. Sorry Lance. Clothesline the creative team for this one. Inoki gets the...vote.
Old 05 Feb 2004, 07:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Going with Inoki, the man has done more in his career and for pro wrestling in japan then storm has done in his career period. Good wrestler but when I think of overall stature, Antonio gets it.