ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 1: Lou Thesz vs. Devon Storm
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Lou Thesz 17 80.95%
Devon Storm 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Feb 2004, 03:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 1: Lou Thesz vs. Devon Storm

Thesz is a former NWA champion and created the Lou Thesz press. A move that stonecold steve austin uses..Thesz is one of the greatest wrestlers from the 60s and 70s...He unfortunately is deceased. Devon Storm is the former Crowbar of WCW who was known for his hardcore style in the promotion. Also would come to the ring with Daffney aka Lucy Furr. He has been a tag partner with David Flair. he has been in the business since 92, and has appeared in XPW and NWATNA. he is known for his intense matches on the indy circuit against Sabu. Likes to mix the hardcore weapons with aerial moves and is well respected on the Indy Circuit.
Old 03 Feb 2004, 03:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

forever a crowwbar mark, so he got my vote!

Old 03 Feb 2004, 03:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

This is a choice I didn't want to make so early because I am a fan of Devon Storm and what he did in the indy circut, a while back when I was growing up. I liked his Tag Team with Ace Darling. They were able to win some titles in smaller federations, and they worked well as a tag team with good chemistry like when; Storm and Darling defeated the Misfits for the NWA United States Tag Team title. I think August 29, 1998, Storm and Darling captured the EWA (Eternity Wrestling Assocation) Tag Team title from Slayer and Lupus. Storm and Darling defeated Harley Lewis and Lupus for the NWA 2000 Tag Team titles. And then on November 28, 1998, Storm and Darling won a tournament to capture the ECWA (East Coast Wrestling Association) tag team titles. He's also a former NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion. Fomer Reginal NWA television champion(New York), WCW Tag champion, WCW CruiserWeight Champion, and a few hordkore titles to add. Needless to say he has been a good entertainer amongst fans who follow smaller promotions and indy affiars. Or if you caught him as a cruiseweight when WCW was still running.

But then all that gets shadowed by Lou Thesz a 6 time NWA World Heavyweight Champion. 3 of those times it also being reconized in Montreal too as the world champ. The man held the World Title for about 7 years straight. Longer then Backland had held the WWF World title. The reason Thesz lost the title, wasn't even due to a match, it was because of a skiing accident fucked up his ankle. The great match's that he has had all over the world are suppose to be historic and lengendary. Then add in the fact that he is the only wrestler to have wrestled in 7 decades, makes this guy in a lot of older fans eyes the number one guy to be the best Wrestler Ever. I'm gonna vote for Thesz out of a certain respect.........

Last edited by Dre; 03 Feb 2004 at 03:48 AM.
Old 03 Feb 2004, 03:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.

LIKE I SAID...i will wait to vote and think this out..with so many athletes in the tourney, some brackets are a no brainer, while others matchup quality guys from different eras and different feds..definitely a tough one in the first round for these two guys.
Old 03 Feb 2004, 04:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Spinal_JB_Tap is on a distinguished road

Lou Thesz is one of my all time favourites [dont ask me why] im voting for him

WWE
Worst Wrestling Entertainment

Evolution Is A Mystery
Is It Hell, There Crap

Whos Next
You In Jobber Case [Hopefully]

Old 03 Feb 2004, 06:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

Voted for Lou Thesz
Old 03 Feb 2004, 06:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kryptonite

MAH GAWD MAH GAWD

The Lou Thesz press

MAH GAWD MAH GAWD

when a move bears your name for all time...its a pretty good sign that you've made a notable contribution to the industry

Thesz gets it

Old 03 Feb 2004, 07:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sick in the head

Dick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to Dick Biggs

crowbar is to young to get any acolades......vote goes to thez
Old 03 Feb 2004, 11:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

Thesz is a legend in his own time, so i voted for him.
Old 04 Feb 2004, 04:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Orton
MAH GAWD MAH GAWD

The Lou Thesz press

MAH GAWD MAH GAWD

when a move bears your name for all time...its a pretty good sign that you've made a notable contribution to the industry

Thesz gets it
i was gonna say something along those lines.
Old 04 Feb 2004, 04:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Orphaned.

SodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of Famer

Lou
Old 04 Feb 2004, 05:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Thesz for sure. i mean, how do you compare these 2? How do you compare anyone to Thesz? But really, I think it was a lot harder for Thesz to do all the things he did, when he did it, than for Storm to come out and fuck himself up. Which is something imo, is all a lot of supposedly "Hardcore" guys do.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!