ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 1: Bob Backlund vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Bob Backlund 17 77.27%
Bam Bam Bigelow 5 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Feb 2004, 02:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 1: Bob Backlund vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

Backlund a champion that held the WWE title for a long time as well, he also came back in the mid 90's to regain the strap but lose it to Diesal 8 days later in like 8 seconds. Backlund is known for his cage match victories as well as when he lost the title due to a towel being thrown in..The Cross Face Chickenwing was one of his favorite moves. Bigelow was the Beast from the East and will be known as one of the biggest guys to do a cartwheel in the ring..Featured against Lawrence Taylor of NFL fame in a highly anticipated match where bigelow did the job. Was also a key part of the Triple Threat in ECW along with Shane Douglas and Chris Candido. Looks like business is going to start picking up.
Old 03 Feb 2004, 02:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

I Voted For Backlund.

Old 03 Feb 2004, 03:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

I don't remember Bam Bam doing much in his career compaired to Buckland, I don't remember Bam Bam holding a top federation title, Buckland has so outta that it's buckland.
Old 03 Feb 2004, 09:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Bigelow was the first really agile big man.....powerful in the ring.....a brawler.....

Backlund was a fine technical wrestler......

Backlund gets my vote.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Old 03 Feb 2004, 03:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Spinal_JB_Tap is on a distinguished road

Backlund is one of the greatest, one of the best matt wrestlers of all time, my vote goes to him

WWE
Worst Wrestling Entertainment

Evolution Is A Mystery
Is It Hell, There Crap

Whos Next
You In Jobber Case [Hopefully]

Old 03 Feb 2004, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Extreme.

Darkstar Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

I went with Bob
Old 03 Feb 2004, 03:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I go with Backlund on this one...The highlight of Bigelows carrer i guess would be Main Eventing WM 11 with Lawrence Taylor..which isn't that much of a highlight anyway...And don't we all remeber the infamous Backlund "Throw in the towel" moment..
Old 03 Feb 2004, 04:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I like the way the tourny mix's styles. This is again is gonna be a tough one, because as far as it goes Bob Backland is one of the great techical wrestlers to lace up the boots. Coming into the game in 1973, and later on becoming the PWI Rookie of the year. He was also an NCAA Amateur champion, and went on to win a few NWA promotional and territareal titles. His largest accomplishment came when in 78' he accompianied by Arnold Skeeland would entert the WWWF. By late Feburary of 78' Backland had defeated Billy Grahm for the WWWF World Heavyweight title. Backland wrestled in a period of time in wrestling where dream match's weren't all that rare. Backland wrestled in great match's against NWA Champion Harley Race on what would turn out to be a draw. Later in the year he wrestled AWA World Champion Nick Bockwinkle for a title unification match; which ended in a double countout. In around 79' Backland would go to Japan and began a small fued internationally against Japan's Antonio Inoki. In what would be a match heard around the World Inoki defeated Backland for the WWWF world title, but never excepted the honor of being champion. Thus making Backland still the champ, though reports to shift around this topic. Backland was a fighting champion who would hold the title for another 3 years before he wrestled as the WWF World Champion in a title Unification match agianst NWA World Champ Ric Flair. This match ended in a countout also. At the end of 83' Bob Backland would lose the WWF championships by the towel being thrown into the ring by Skeeland to the Iron Sheik. After this Backland would drop out of the spot light for about 10 years. Those were the years of wrestling that Backland was at his peak. He made a return to the WWF much later and was given an angle of a crazed former WWF champion, who was running for president of the US on a respect ballet. He would become WWF champion again in winning the title the same way he lost it. Having Helen Hart throw in the towel for Bret the way it happend for Backland years before. He would then go on to job to Nash in 8 seconds losing the title. However Bob Backland was a phenominal wrestler with a nice track record that gets bumpy along some points.

Then you have Bam Bam who is a big man and a brawler. And one of the best big men on wrestling history. Unlike a lot of other big men who are just big. Bigelow was able to use his wieght and still be able to move around in the ring. Very Agile for his size, and able to do moonsaults off the top rope rope. Fast enough to go a fast pace match for a while, and very convincing inside of the ring. Aside from some stupid shit in Bigelow's career. He was a solid preformer.....Came into the NWA and moevd to WWF where he was a fan favorite, however never really accomplishing much. Later he would go back to Japan, where he was much more respected in the title scean. He and Vader capture the IWGP World Tag Titles, and held them for a few months. When Bam Bam returned to the WWF in the mid to early 90's he came back with Luna by his side, in what would be a nasty ass freaky couple. Bam Bam and Luna would be given redicules storylines, where Bigelows talents couldn't really be exposed. By Wrestlemanina X Bigelow was at a low, as he was put into a mix tag team match with Luna against a clown and a midget. I mean WTF was that. Bam Bam a year later ar Wrestlemania XI was told by the WWF that he had to job to a football player named LT, and he did. He was with the Million Dallor Corparation at the time and he soon made a face turn and fueded with Tatanka. Aligning himself with Nash, this is hwo Bigelows career went around 95'-96' He was sidelined for a bit with an injury and in 96 Bigelow was set free, from the torment of the WWF offices. He went back to Japan for a bit in 96' and then in 97's Bigelow career got its second wind. He went to ECW where he quickly became one of the top guys there. The fans responded and respected him and it was here that Scott Bigelow would win his first World HeavyWeight Title. Becoming ECW World Champion by beating Shane Douglas. Later Bigelow would drop the title, and Team with Douglas and Candido to form the 3rd and most popular form of the Tripple Threat. In the Tripple Threat Bigelow won the ECW TV title, from what would go down as an ill fued with Tazz. Late 98's Bam went to WCW where he would challenge Goldberg. He was given a decent push and later would form the Triade with Kanyon an DDP. The three of them would go on to win the WCW Tag titles and defend them like the Freebirds did a while back, being anyone 2 of the 3 were able to defend them. After the group broke up Bam went on to have some mermariable hardkore match and become hardkore champion. Later in the company Douglas and Candido would come into WCW, and the 3 men once again formed The Tripple Threat. His last fued would be against Stasiak in WCW, when the promotion was bought out. Bam Bam is still wrestling and will be touring on the indy circut this year.

Looking at both men it is very hard I am not much of a fan of Backland but am I fan of BBB. But when I look at the great interpromotional match's and the legendary fueds Backland had, I think I have to give my vote for him, reluctantly.

Old 03 Feb 2004, 05:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

^nice post Dre, I voted for Backlund
Old 03 Feb 2004, 06:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Bob. Never saw Bambam in ECW, and the job to LT was sad. The "Mr. Backlund" gimmick was fun to watch, not to mention the fact he was number 1 in the Rumble one year, and almost lasted the whole match. Not too shabby for a guy his age.
Old 03 Feb 2004, 06:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sick in the head

Dick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to Dick Biggs

Bam was the man....
Old 03 Feb 2004, 10:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Bigelow was a great agile big man. His WCW tenure sucked. However watching some old Backlund tapes made me vote for him.
Old 04 Feb 2004, 01:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I just never took bigelow very seriously. He was too much of a joke for too long for me to think of him as better than backlund.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 04 Feb 2004, 03:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Orphaned.

SodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of Famer

Bob
Old 04 Feb 2004, 11:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Silence is nothing.

Kurok is on a distinguished road

Bob Backlund, while Bigelow was very agile for his size and was a decent brawler, I still go fro Backlund and man that crossface chickenwing hurts like hell!

What about me? What about Kurok?