ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

GWOAT Round 1: Lex Luger vs. La Parka
View Poll Results: GWOAT
Lex Luger 8 47.06%
La Parka 9 52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Feb 2004, 12:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default GWOAT Round 1: Lex Luger vs. La Parka

The Total Package vs. The Chairman...who has what it takes?
Old 02 Feb 2004, 01:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

i went with the chairman, La Parka.

Old 02 Feb 2004, 01:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.

For folks that don't know about La Parka...

Wrestles mostly in MLW now, and has had several imitators to his gimmick. In WCW he was the Chairman of WCW and would hit the opponent with the weapon any chance he got. Not to mention the fact that he played air guitar on it as well. Was one of the popular luchas in WCW at the time..Joined Eddie Guerrero's lWo (latino world order). Wears a skeleton outfit to the ring in regards to Mexico's Day of the Dead. has taken rey misterio Sr to the limit in a lengthy fued, and has also fought AAA owner Antonio Pena in court to keep his La Parka name. Has unmasked himself and went by his real name Adolfo Tapia. Finisher is the twisting senton from the turnbuckle when he is not hitting people with a steel chair.
Old 02 Feb 2004, 03:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

now I've seen one match of La parka's, can't recall who against but. and I hear Lex Luger wasn't too good at all either, but never seen him. La Parka gets my vote.
Old 02 Feb 2004, 11:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

I went with Lex Luger
Old 02 Feb 2004, 12:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

Luger is a former champ in WCW, in fact he was given the top spot when ric flair jumped to the WWE. Luger also was a top competitor in the WWE winning the royal rumble as the only tie, with bret hart. He also slammed yokozuna. Luger however was more known for his looks...with the exception of his Torture Rack finisher, Luger never did really anything else..oh except talk about his body fat...but since he is involved in drugs and the killing of Miss Elizabeth, my vote is swayed to La parka.
Old 02 Feb 2004, 01:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Luger was a bodybuilder who became a wrestler.....put on many good matches over his career.....was mainly a face......WCW first, left to go to WWE.....became a high mid-carder, low main eventer in WWE......left WWE after a ppv and appeared the next night on the first Monday Nitro.....better known for his WCW days, a close friend of Sting for a long period......now, a broken down hack.....

La Parka.....a fan friendly Lucha who is better known for not wrestling while in the ring.....as DC said, the chairman.....good look, above average technical skills, but a little too big for the Lucha style and not powerful enough for US style.....never been more than a low carder in his big time professional career.....

i voted Lexathon.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Old 02 Feb 2004, 02:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Watching La Parka wrestle was almost always painful. He was the fat guy who took longer to do a spot. Was always the way I viewed him. I never liked him or anything that he did.

Lugar on the other hand I was a fan of when I was a kid. I liked him as the 6th member of the Horsemen, back before Ole left. I liked him when he was the rebel horsemen. I liked him when he and Sting were a tag team. The Sting and Lugar v. Steiners match for the World Titles was a pretty nice showing. I loved when Lugar was the World champion with Harley by his side, and all and all I'd rather watch a Lugar match any day over La Parka. Lex gets my vote......

Old 02 Feb 2004, 05:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I go for Lex of this one..Maybe it's because I didn't catch more of LA Parka in his earlier days of wrestling...So I saw more of him when he was past his prime...so My Vote Goes to Lex..
Old 03 Feb 2004, 02:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Spinal_JB_Tap is on a distinguished road

La Parka is one of the best luchas of all time, better than Rey Mysterio Jr IMO, he has my vote

WWE
Worst Wrestling Entertainment

Evolution Is A Mystery
Is It Hell, There Crap

Whos Next
You In Jobber Case [Hopefully]

Old 03 Feb 2004, 05:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kryptonite

went with La Parka....I don't have a good reason...I just hate Luger

Old 03 Feb 2004, 06:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

The La Parka I saw, whether the 1st or not, was fun to watch and got my blood going everytime he fought. Lex Luger just jacked off to himself, and was only mildly interesting in the ring by the time I saw him.
Old 03 Feb 2004, 06:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Sick in the head

Dick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of FamerDick Biggs is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to Dick Biggs

Luger sucked ass....my vote goes for the chairman of WCW
Old 04 Feb 2004, 01:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

The first Upset of the Tourney a one vote winner for La Parka.