ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin This is where useless threads go. This forum is read-only.

Six man tag team titles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Dec 2003, 05:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever
Default Six man tag team titles.

Ok, back when NWA was around, next to the u.s. tag team titles if not more, these titles were very popular and provided a lot of great wrestling. With all the talent not being used on the raw and smackdown and the talent that sits on heat and velocity would this be a good idea?

Now before you go and start with the same routine about how there's to many titles on the two brands, I disagree again. This just like the junior tag team titles go well over seas and in mexico, the six man tag titles or in mexico trophies go over so well with the crowd.

It's a titles for stables not being used in the title picture to really get over and provide great matches. I mean when you look at teams in the past such as the powers of pain along with ivan koloff, the road warriors and dusty rhodes, road warriors and sting, the freebirds and so many others. Again it's a title that could spark a lot of interest and is quite entertaining. So aside of the same answer "to many titles", can anyone share why this would or wouldn't be a good idea?

I keep providing answers about to much talent being used and nobody is responding to that, so let's hear why this would or wouldn't work out?
Old 15 Dec 2003, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Honestly, it just sounds gimmicky. I'm not really sure what else to say about it. I'd rather see Heat or Velocity close ranks and have their own championship that guys can work for. Sort of a undercard, but still have a normal looking rotation of wrestlers competing for something. I think it'd be a better way of bringing some guys up instead of these stupid ass tryout matches. But I doubt it would work anyway. It would be like acknowledging they're undercards and not doing anything important. I think it would help the talent, and the shows, if they didn't spend more time recapping all the stupid shit that went on at SD and RAW. That takes up way too much time and is made way too important. Give the shows some legs for once and let them do something with it.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 15 Dec 2003, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I was thinking about The Road Warriors and Dusty the minute I read this title. You know I think that it is a good idea. I mean six man tag helps create an interest in Tag wrestling. I would be down for a 6 Tag title, because Like Blood said it would be able to give some of these guys with no gimmicks or terriable ones the chance to shine in a group where gimmicks don't have to be as strong if there are numbers backing you. It wouldn't be like a stable but more of a team atmosphere. I mean if some thought went into it it could really work. And the six man tag doesn't have to be on Raw or SD, the Champs could headline Heat or Volocity in the main event. I like the idea, but then again i liked the NWA where they made it work....If they didn't do that, then like Exo said, they could at least have a TV title for the other shows. A TV Champion on Heat and a Western State Heritage Champion on Volocity....But again NWA fan here sooooo.......

Old 15 Dec 2003, 08:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wannabe Gothic Fairy

Bloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster everBloodice is the absolute WORST poster ever

Yeah I def. agree that having the six man titles could be beneficial to those who have bad gimmicks right now or aren't getting a shot. That or having a tv title that could be defended on raw and smackdown. That way it would give the unused wrestlers a chance to shine and both products a good glimpse into the future of what they have to offer imo. And again, i'm a throwback NWA fan so that's why.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 03:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kryptonite

how does adding more belts help wrestling at all?
There are already belts that rarely get defended....
when was the last time you saw the US title defended?
before Randy Orton took the IC, when was the last time you saw that defended?

Before adding more belts to NOT be defended how about we try and push the established belts?
THe US title and the IC title both are important belts which have history to them. They should mean something. Pushing them even farther away from TV by adding 3 man tag team belts and a second tag division does nothing but take away air time from those 2 belts.

Old 19 Dec 2003, 10:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

like i said before Kurt those titles wouldn't even have to appear on Raw and SD they could be on the other shows, the ones where the champions are too good to be on. Having a champion on a show is a huge attraction and since Heat and Volicity don't have titles or title defenses then what better way to spark up some interes by putting together a fresh idea. RVD defended his title regularly. He defended it the monday before he lost his title. And Big Show defends his title about twice a month.....Last I checked champions didn't have to defend their title every week. Not to mention there shouldn't be a new challenger every week for what is suppose to be the #1 contender title......I think that the WWE would have a lot to work out, but adding one more title and giving others a chance to shine on a lesser program is a good thing.

Old 19 Dec 2003, 11:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Emperor of All Pimps!

Rocky_Cobain316 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Rocky_Cobain316

I don't see the point of having six man tag team titles as they would be useless and too gimmicky, however I thought they could come up with Intergender Tag Team titles, since we see alot of men teaming with women. It would also be something new and fresh to the company.